The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #1
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Is Rise of the TMNT the best TMNT Show For Kids?

Full disclosure, I say this as a 30-something adult. I adore this show. Do you guys think it works best for kids? How many addults here or otherwise enjoy it?

I think it has something that the 80's cartoon lacks in that it's more modern and just a better show for the silly premise that is TMNT!

Thoughts?
Cake-Monster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd probably say the 2012 series was. It mixed action and comedy a lot better, and I know if I were a kid when it aired I would have loved it even more.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:25 PM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’d say yes, it has its own audience. The silliness reminds me of spongebob and current slapstick Mickey Mouse cartoons.

I enjoy it. The visual is stunning and so colourful, the best in the series imo.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:05 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

If by kids you mean little kids, maybe so. At least for the newer generations.

The old toon is a safe bet, but full of dry humor & references that only men who grew up in the 60's would catch on to. 2012 is wildly fun & action packed, but sometimes surprisingly dark. 4kids is fine, probably good for the anime crowd.

On a whole, Rise is, while a favorite of mine, more flash than substance. Lots of really silly visual gags, vivid colors, constant changes in color & expression, it's definitely good for those who have a short attention span & need or like lots of new stimulus. Hyperactive, a bit. But maybe that's only fitting for certain kinds of kids, I don't know. It's very modern, so I assume modern children would appreciate its sensibilities, smart phone culture & stuff.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Hyperactive, a bit. But maybe that's only fitting for certain kinds of kids, I don't know.
That's my primary complaint about Rise where kids are concerned, esp the younger ones. They wanted a younger audience, but from experience with a certain young family member, some kids are far too prone to getting too overstimulated and wound up and Rise would be a serious red flag danger zone in that department.

If my nephew ever sees this one, it won't be until he's older and shows no longer get him bouncing off the walls and acting out. (Though by then it will be rather old news.) I just find it a shame that kids his age can't watch some shows like this because making them overstimulating is the trend now. Older kids and adults might be able to come down from that on their own without going crazy, but some of the age group they wanted to target just don't handle that too well yet.

I may not like the show myself, though it's disappointing that the hyper nature of it makes it a no-go for my nephew, a kid who has had limits on even Paw Patrol for the same behavioral reason.

So if it's best for kids, that depends on the kid.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iti s the worst! The best for kids is the 1987. It is much more serious and better overall. Rise is too kiddty and stupid and i say it as 33 years old. Also iam the main villian in most episodes of the 1987 which is why it is so much better.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:42 AM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Rise is too kiddty and stupid and i say it as 33 years old. Also iam the main villian in most episodes of the 1987 which is why it is so much better.
You're really something else. You're a 33 year old man roleplaying as a cartoon character in 95% of your posts but still have the audacity to call something kiddy & stupid.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Leave Shredder alone
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:20 AM   #9
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You're really something else. You're a 33 year old man roleplaying as a cartoon character in 95% of your posts but still have the audacity to call something kiddy & stupid.
This is what Rise of tmnt is. Too kiddy and compared to 1987 2003 and 2012. 1987 series was considered funny and kiidy at that its time because rise didnt exist. nO ONE COULD imagine that something so bad like rise of the teenage mutant ninja turtles will exist then. If rise was released in 1987 it would had been a huge failure.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #10
ABrown
Banned

I don't need to think twice about this. The original cartoon is the best show for kids. And to follow that up, the 4Kids series is the best one for adults.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #11
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Hmm. No. Gotta go with the old school 80s toon. While the goofy camp element got out of hand a lot of the time for my taste, there's a reason it's a classic. And all of my grandchildren love it. Then again, I've gifted them all with dvds from every series but next mutation. They've all seen it though.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 04:38 PM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

I'd say the 2012 show is the best for kids and adults. It comes closest to capturing an actual sense of drama. It actually has a pulse.
However, I'd be tempted to show them 2k3 first, just because it feels closer to pure TMNT, even if I find the execution lacking.

The original cartoon was great for the time and the memories, but it's just a nostalgia trip to me now. Not sure I'd recommend it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think kids of today would be that interested in the original show besides a few eps, the tone of cartoons is very different today compared to back then. Like they would probably find the show very "slow" because cartoons today are very fast-paced with scenes changing constantly and characters constantly screaming into the camera with tons of action scenes....and the original cartoon wasn't written like that because it was an 80's show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:38 PM   #14
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Rise was a no-go for my 6 year old. He loves the OT, 2K3 series, and the 2012 series, but he couldn’t get into Rise. I think the more crude/graphic animation, that is used in a lot of cartoons these days, turns him off & in the case of Meat Sweats, freaks him out.

I think 2012 seems to be his favorite, but he’s been getting more into the OT lately since he started playing TMNT on our Turtes in Time Arcade1Up with me.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:04 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'd say 2012 maybe. Most epic fluid action and humor.

The 80s show would be too slow, have a lot of 'das jokes' level puns and childish antics instead of legit fights.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:41 AM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The original cartoon was great for the time and the memories, but it's just a nostalgia trip to me now. Not sure I'd recommend it.
I'd recommend some of the seasons, but not all of it. 1-3, then 7 at a stretch, and a few select episodes from the rest.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote