The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 01-15-2022, 01:05 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

John Romita Jr. Returns To Amazing Spider-Man

Following the Spider-Man Beyond saga, John Romita Jr will return to the Amazing Spider-Man book in April

Zeb Wells will remain as writer of Amazing Spider-Man after Beyond, and the book is being relaunched with a new number one (six issues before issue#900, go figure). The book deals with the fall out of an incident that alienates Peter from the Fantastic Four, Avengers, and Aunt May, and only Doc Ock wants to see him. Tombstone will also play a role.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=147999889
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:26 AM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

I like Romita jr, even if he may be past prime, and Zeb Wells has potential, but I’ve been burned too many times on new Marvel books over the last decade. Too much editorial interference, crossover mandates, and redirections. Hard to care.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:02 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Marvel teasing the end of Peter and MJ again

https://twitter.com/Vortex8500/statu...ig9IOD--DN2mD8

My best guess is something happens to Anna Watson, because Aunt May is mad at Peter too in this run and Anna's her best friend. MJ would be justifiably angry if her family was finally affected by Peter's screw ups.

That said, Spencer's run made it impossible to take any break-up seriously ever again. Their love can exorcise demons, ain't no way any ordinary or extraordinary thing can do the trick for long.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote