The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-09-2021, 11:47 PM   #1241
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Sort of.

I mean, I just wonder what sort of limits there are.
In recent recorded history, the highest number was said to be 69 children from a Russian woman sometimes in the 1700s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feodor_Vassilyev

Personally, I think it's plausible that this number mightve been surpassed sometime in the distant past but was lost to time.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #1242
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Cats. Seeing them everywhere of late. Not just like normal encounters or seeing them in commercials, but like EVERYWHERE. I think it's some kind of message. I've recently felt drawn to Bast, as if she has been calling to me as a patron, and I think the cats are connected to her. Not sure where this comes from, or why she suddenly has decided to choose me, but it seems I now have two patron goddesses. And they are happy to share, it seems. Even though they are two VERY different energy types!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #1243
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
In recent recorded history, the highest number was said to be 69 children from a Russian woman sometimes in the 1700s.
Good lord, she must have been having more than one nearly every time, too. How unusual.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:39 PM   #1244
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Good lord, she must have been having more than one nearly every time, too. How unusual.
From that wiki page:
Quote:
His first wife is claimed to have lived to be 76, and between 1725 and 1765, have had 69 children (16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets);
And on the same page:
Quote:
Vassilyev also had 18 children with his second wife, who had 6 pairs of twins and 2 sets of triplets, making him a father of 87 children in total.
Wow!

And just two days ago the record for multiple births has been broken:
Quote:
A set of decuplets (7 boys and 3 girls) were born to 37-year old Gosiame Thamara Sithole of Gauteng, South Africa, on 8 June 2021
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#Decuplets_(10)

Last edited by frank_one; 06-10-2021 at 05:51 PM.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #1245
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How lucky for him that he got the easy part. Even more unusual that he had two wives prone to multiples... Kind of wondering if both of those women were related, since that could be a genetic trait in the family.

Still crazy though. Twins run in my friend's family and she herself is part of a pair with her brother, but even then her two younger brothers were both single births, so it's not like being prone to multiples even means it will happen every time. To have multiplies over and over... that's nuts. Talk about hyperactive ovaries.

Quote:
A set of decuplets (7 boys and 3 girls) were born to 37-year old Gosiame Thamara Sithole of Gauteng, South Africa, on 8 June 2021
That poor woman...

Most women's ovaries are putting out one egg at a time and here this women's are acting like they're throwing confetti.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-10-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #1246
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Most women's ovaries are putting out one egg at a time and here this women's are acting like they're throwing confetti.
This is legit the funniest thing I've read all day and I would like to thank you for your ongoing contributions.

"Not All Heroes Wear Capes".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:09 PM   #1247
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I never want to reach over 10,000 posts in a forum, i'll stop my contributions to this forum when I reach 9,999 perhaps before that but not a single post after that. You lose a part of your soul every 1k posts, you can take 9 hits but ten is just too much, the line into lunacy is crossed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:24 PM   #1248
CyberCubed
Overlord

I had over 100,000 posts on IGN under my first account way back in 2004, and with my second account probably over 110,000 now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #1249
IMJ
Emperor

Looking back at a high forum post count is the same as one day looking at your video gaming hours and then translating that into useable life hours.

You are either proud of it like an idiot or ashamed and grow out of it immediately. The only difference is that at least forum posting can take place during work or busy online stuff here and there as quick interludes.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #1250
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I've never gotten anywhere near 10,000 but I realized I'm fairly close here. Normally I either lose interest, forum is shut down, or other factors so i only ever reach a few thousand posts. The most I ever got was on toonzone but luckily I got banned for pointing out a mods hipocracy so I was forced to stop posting, I just checked and I got over 10,300 posts there. They did eventually unban me but that forum died when they banned a bunch of regulars so it was no fun anymore.

besides that I don't think i've reached 10k in any other forum. Here i've been able to get so close since i've been a member for like 15 years, I average like 1.3 posts per day at the current posting average rate i'll have to drop the towel in 3 years or so. I'll make sure to post Goatse or Tubgirl as my 9,999th post to make sure I don't get tempted and keep posting.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:11 PM   #1251
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well I have over 37,000 posts on a TMNT forum, but I've been here since 2004 so that's over 15 years. What does that say?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:45 PM   #1252
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I never want to reach over 10,000 posts in a forum, i'll stop my contributions to this forum when I reach 9,999
Don't you dare. lol

Age post count is just a number. Don't even know where mine is at, guess I'm about to take note of that. I know it's probably a pretty sizeable number for the amount of years I've been here, but so much of it is just posts like this that I would have racked up yet another one somewhere else online anyhow for a total unknown internet-wide post count, so may as well be here.

edit: Eh, maybe over 12k isn't so bad for 7 years if you're (me) someone who likes to participate a lot when there's something worth talking about. Not paid attention to it for a while and expected worse.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:04 PM   #1253
Leo656
The Franchise

You can leave at 10,000 if you promise to take TigerClaw with you, and you both swear to never come back.

There may be a financial incentive in it for you. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Indigo isn't allowed to leave, she's one of the few people here who generally makes logical sense. I've never ONCE considered making a voodoo doll of Indigo and cramming it full of poison needles. I can only say that about, like... five people in 18 years. That's a VERY exclusive club.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:08 PM   #1254
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess that's a compliment then not to have one in my likeness.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:16 PM   #1255
Leo656
The Franchise

I could probably do it, too. All of Delaware fits in my backyard so tracking you down and finding stray scraps of your hair wouldn't be exceedingly difficult. The most difficult part would be summoning the courage to cross the bridge into Delaware.

But I wouldn't do that. If I ever made an Indigo Doll it would be less "Voodoo" and more of the Rainbow Brite variety.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. My Rainbow Brite doll could totally use a friend. Got any spare hair I could use? I wanna be as authentic as possible. I'm incredibly anal about that kinda thing.

Not kidding about the Rainbow Brite doll, by the way. She hangs out with my plush Rainbow Dash on the video game bookcase. Party never stops around this f*cking place.

....I forgot what the f*ck the point of all this was.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:03 PM   #1256
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay, at least that turned less weird pretty quickly... sorta. lol

Bad part of neighboring states, the people there actually know that DE is real, not just a county in PA or a city in OH, and know how to find it. (edit: Though PA or you guys must have told NY as they are still more common here than they used to be.) Look, no coming here and hunting for loose strands like I'm frigging Bigfoot, 'kay? lol
Old 06-17-2021, 07:09 PM   #1257
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually had some of my all-time favorite matches in Delaware, over in New Castle at the Elks or whatever, just over the bridge and right next to the Hooters. Small but enthusiastic crowds, gigantic backstage with a full lounge and tons of beer on ice. Good times.

You should'a come out, we always had fun. I miss working down there but the company moved to Indiana a few years ago.

I just crack jokes because I'unno what the hell it was, but the very first time we went down there, there was just this AWFUL smell wafting on the air and it was still there when we left a few hours later. So the whole gang of us used to be like "Ugh, we're workin' Delaware? That place smells like a toilet." Mean, I know, but dude, for real, it was GHASTLY.

It was honestly only that one time, though, never again. But still... not the best first impression. I assume someone was working on something underground, or whatever. Every other time was fine. I honestly do miss it, it was always worth the drive.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:32 PM   #1258
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I thought Jersey was the one that smells... maybe you guys brought something with you.

Really though...was it the Delaware City area? That's the only area I know of that can legit stink, like rotten eggs, because of the oil refinery. Otherwise, it must have just been something random.

Worst I've ever smelled were I'm at is on a very rare occasion like someone left a barn door open, but no idea where it comes from and must have traveled a distance on the wind, because this isn't exactly farm country.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:59 PM   #1259
Leo656
The Franchise

Only Newark smells. On account of all the crack cocaine smoke in the air.

I'm in nice, friendly, suburban Monroe Township, where the only smells are freshly-cut grass and backyard barbecue. Which is probably why the property taxes are ten grand a year.

I don't think it was Delaware City. Like I said, we were in New Castle, literally right off the bridge. Soon as we got over the bridge it was like "Oh, F*CK, what is that?" Windows up.

I didn't see any work being done but for all I know someone was working on a pipe or something. Had to have been something like that, since I went there another couple of dozen times over the next couple of years and it never happened again. It was just weird.

And like I said, not a great first impression. But only the one time, whatever it was.

And that Hooters was f*cking immaculate.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:29 PM   #1260
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hm, dunno then. Maybe some ship's cargo went rotten or spilled at the port northward and it came downwind, down river. lol