The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #121
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You know how leftists like to hijack an existing comic book character and either replace them with a new character who is LGBTQ and/or a different race, or simply force an existing character to be LGBTQ, because they know that on its own without that boost it'll probably fail? It's exactly the same principle.

i.e., "I really, really want to make a 'powerful' movie that makes a lot of money about systemic racism, how Trump supporters are nazis, and what a saint George Floyd was... but I know nobody will see it because nobody ever sees those kinds of movies (not in big numbers). But now if I package that movie inside of a 'Superman' relaunch movie! Ho-hooo!"
They're in for a rude awakening, because most Superman fans don't want "Black Superman". And most of them won't go see it on principle. Not because "they're racists" but because Superman Is A White Guy. They see through the pandering nonsense you mentioned, as it's very transparent and people aren't generally AS stupid as Hollywood thinks.

For ten years, fans have been bemoaning the state of Superman movies by claiming that MoS and BvS "didn't respect the source material". They're wrong, anyone who actually reads comics can write a book on WHY they're wrong, but whatever, that's what their Big Complaint was.

And now they do THIS? Ohhhh YEAH, those people who claim that they hated MoS and BvS because they "didn't represent the source material properly" are just gonna LOVE this.

Should just go ahead and make "Hancock 2" instead, if they wanna scratch that itch. Will Smith's been doing a whole lotta nothin' lately.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:34 PM   #122
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They're in for a rude awakening, because most Superman fans don't want "Black Superman".
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think it'll be a black Superman. By the same token that JJ refused to do "Star Trek" 2009 without Nimoy to float around as Spock, because he knew without that little bit of credibility he was opening himself to having tomatoes thrown at him from all quarters. A black Superman movie, even if it's riding a currently en vogue movement... the potential for him to embarrass himself out of the gate is very high, and he hates that. No, it'll be Cavill Superman, or a Cavill-like Superman... but it'll be so mired in racism (like, actually racism, from the other guys) and white guilt it'd really be better of as just being a black Superman movie.

Like, just look at that writer guy's body of work. There is literally no other reason to hire him than to make a big steaming pile of "woke."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #123
Leo656
The Franchise

Given how both WB and Michael B. Jordan have been trying to get a project starring him as Superman off the ground for years now, I have to respectfully disagree with your position. Smart money says that Adonis Creed will be the next Superman. Those are the Vegas Odds.

We shall see. But going by what this writer likes to write AND what WB has been actively pursuing, I don't see how anyone can predict it won't be Jordan unless the internet backlash is HUGE.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #124
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Given how both WB and Michael B. Jordan have been trying to get a project starring him as Superman off the ground for years
The last thing I read from Michael B. Jordan like a year ago when he responded to all of those rumors is that he wouldn't play black Superman. At least, Clark Kent. It'd need to be some other Superman from the multiverse, like the one Grant Morrison likes to write about. Which wouldn't interest Abrams at all and probably wouldn't suit the big picture of whatever WB is trying to rehatch the DCEU into.

Quote:
We shall see. But going by what this writer likes to write AND what WB has been actively pursuing, I don't see how anyone can predict it won't be Jordan unless the internet backlash is HUGE.
There is writing a black Superman, and then there's writing a "white" Superman (he's an alien, for christ's sake) that has to lick the boots of the current movement in a big budget movie and helps legitimize it. If you're a card carrying member of the "movement" nowadays, there is probably more allure to the latter.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:57 PM   #125
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
The last thing I read from Michael B. Jordan like a year ago when he responded to all of those rumors is that he wouldn't play black Superman. At least, Clark Kent. It'd need to be some other Superman from the multiverse, like the one Grant Morrison likes to write about. Which wouldn't interest Abrams at all.
Yeah, Val Zod is the character he could play in a Elseworlds Superman movie.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:33 PM   #126
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
he apparently called 9/11 rescuers trash.

If that's not bizarre SJW stuff, I don't know what is.

hard pass on this one.
Seriously?
And what is the context for this? If there is any, except "I am so ****ing important that I can **** on people for whatever reason my brainfart produced today?"
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:28 AM   #127
Leo656
The Franchise

I'd never heard of this Coates guy, or at least I didn't remember hearing about him, so I did a little research and read some of the stuff he's written and done.

Guy's a huge racist asshole and a rotten human being. Openly hates white people, taught his kids to hate white people. Thinks Martin Luther King was a foolish optimist and that Whites and Blacks can never co-exist, that white people are inherently evil and violent and spend all of their time trying to hurt black people. Said 9/11 responders were "inhuman", and implied that 9/11 was a good thing because it was mostly rich white people who got killed. When Barack Obama gave a speech while he was President saying that black people needed to have more personal responsibility and not blame "racist whites" for all their problems, this guy called bullsh*t on that idea. He's said that the idea of an integrated society is foolish, and that even hoping for such a thing is foolish.

He is an angry, maladjusted human being with a sick and twisted worldview. He firmly believes that Blacks and Whites are forever destined to be at each others' throats and soundly rejects any suggestion to the contrary.

And THIS is the guy who's gonna write a movie about Superman, "the avatar of Hope".

People said that Zack Snyder's depiction was "dour" and "bleak"? That he "misunderstood the character"? That his presentation "lacked hope"?

Wait'll they get a load of what THIS asshole comes up with. This Coates guy literally has said "there IS no hope" if it means different groups of people ever coming together and coexisting... which is everything Superman represents.

This is WORSE than I feared. They literally have the Worst Possible Person they could ever have found to write Superman. A guy who hates people with different skin than him. A guy who doesn't even believe in hope as an abstract or a concept. A guy who believes "if your life sucks, it's all someone else's fault, and there's nothing you can do to get that boot off of your neck."

EVERYTHING this guy represents, is the exact OPPOSITE of what Superman represents. Every. Single. Thing.

This is a complete Worst Case Scenario. I can only hope that enough of this guy's nonsense words resurface, to the point where the backlash is SO severe that WB kicks him off the project. It would be one thing if they hired a black guy "just" to get some ink; they didn't have to hire the f*cking black equivalent of David Duke, for f*ck's sake.

I usually roll my eyes when people online dig into a person's past to try and "cancel" them, but in this case it's not only justified, but necessary. If a white guy said half the stuff this guy has said, he wouldn't just not be an influential writer, he'd be in goddamn jail for trying to start a race war. There's no room for such toxic, race-baiting nonsense in civilized society, and a guy with so much hatred in his heart should NOT be writing Superman.

This guy is trash. Literal human garbage.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:01 AM   #128
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Guy's a huge racist asshole and a rotten human being. Openly hates white people, taught his kids to hate white people. Thinks Martin Luther King was a foolish optimist and that Whites and Blacks can never co-exist, that white people are inherently evil and violent and spend all of their time trying to hurt black people. Said 9/11 responders were "inhuman", and implied that 9/11 was a good thing because it was mostly rich white people who got killed. When Barack Obama gave a speech while he was President saying that black people needed to have more personal responsibility and not blame "racist whites" for all their problems, this guy called bullsh*t on that idea. He's said that the idea of an integrated society is foolish, and that even hoping for such a thing is foolish.

He is an angry, maladjusted human being with a sick and twisted worldview. He firmly believes that Blacks and Whites are forever destined to be at each others' throats and soundly rejects any suggestion to the contrary.
Wow.
No wonder leftards worship him.

Not sure what I've expected, but this is even worse, than I thought.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #129
IMJ
Emperor

They hired cesspool, scumbag, racist writer Ta'Nehisi Coates for the movie. It is absolutely going to feature a black Superman or bare minimum will be laced with agenda and trod on traditional white culture. The only reason that Coates has been accepted in writer culture is that it is replete with liberals who are looking for an outlet for their own hate.

How can any of you people not see that what has been going on, and the positioning of people with this hostile takeover of culture is a lie? They aren't fighting injustice. But what they are doing is an outlet for whatever rage was instilled into them as children during dinner with their own racist parents who went on, and on, either about their perceived injustices or ancient injustices of the world. And now those kids are grown up, like Coates and they've never actually had their lives impacted by racism but they feel that they are fighting the good fight based on their Dad's loud fu(&*& mouth at dinner as a kid.

And the reason that society itself isn't putting a stop to this is because no one wants to speak the truth like I just did here for fear of being scarlet lettered. Because the weakest amongst you pieces of $#!( or the dumbest amongst you dumb $#%^ would brand someone a racist because those of that are so shallow, that are such losers, that the feeling of being involved in a gang mentality for the first time in your pathetic fu$%^&* lives makes you feel safe.

What is going on is not equality. It is vengeance for perceived slights and it is scared losers joining in, and it is complete bull $#!t. And the dumbest amongst you, the absolute bottom losers of humanity would read what I wrote here and either here or somewhere else call me a racist for what I've said here. And you'd be the same person that hung a bunch of people in Salem, MA for allegedly being witches. But then again those same people are so f'n dumb that you don't even understand what I'm saying when I cite being "scarlet lettered" or "The salem witch trials".

Last edited by IMJ; 02-27-2021 at 09:08 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:46 AM   #130
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
How can any of you people not see that what has been going on, and the positioning of people with this hostile takeover of culture is a lie?
I think more people understand than they used to, but some generally fear the repercussions of speaking out about it due to the weaponization of "cancel culture" by the radicalised 'outraged' social media plants

It's been telling for a considerable while this decade that we now live in a world where the black hats are worn by those in white

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 02-27-2021 at 09:57 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #131
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I think more people understand than they used to, but some generally fear the repercussions of speaking out about it due to the weaponization of "cancel culture" by the radicalised 'outraged' social media plants
That's exactly what I'm getting at as well. Exactly. People need to hit this nonsense head-on now and basically all costs.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #132
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's nothing interesting about a black superman. He would still be Clark Kent, and unless they re-write his backstory to be from "da hood" instead of Kansas, he'd have the same upbringing. So it's pointless skin color change that accomplishes nothing.

Remember the days most actors were white and black actors got their own movies and roles as well? It was fine. If Coming to America 2 was recast with a white Eddie Murphy everyone would be pissed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #133
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's nothing interesting about a black superman. He would still be Clark Kent, and unless they re-write his backstory to be from "da hood" instead of Kansas, he'd have the same upbringing. So it's pointless skin color change that accomplishes nothing.

Remember the days most actors were white and black actors got their own movies and roles as well? It was fine. If Coming to America 2 was recast with a white Eddie Murphy everyone would be pissed.
That's because it's a lie and a manipulation and a one way street. These people are disingenuous. Don't believe them and stopping caving into their assertions and demands. Don't cheat anyone out of anything. Don't do that. But don't bend a knee to this BS. Don't give it your money and don't help it. Just walk away. Don't harm anyone or stop anyone from earning something. But don't support this financially. Just don't.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:54 PM   #134
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

you do know DC Comics already has 2 alt earth black superman they can use for this movie right? Val-Zod and Calvin Ellis
Old 02-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #135
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

And guess what happens when this movie fails?

"Oh... I guess we were right. Superman is really hard to write and 'get right.' Well, we tried again. We'll try it again in another 10 years."
Old 02-27-2021, 02:30 PM   #136
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

"Oh... I guess we were right. Superman is really hard to write and 'get right.' Well, we tried again. We'll try it again in another 10 years."
Except for his appearances on the CW, where Supergirl and Lois and his kids are all better superheroes than he is.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:46 PM   #137
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

That's exactly it.

The movie will get great reviews, for being "groundbreaking" and "fresh" and "different". Because it's automatically insulated from criticism. "If you don't like it, you're racist."

BUT. It won't be a movie about hope, or optimism, or the Superman character being "the bridge between two peoples", because Coates doesn't personally BELIEVE in those things at all. He believes in oppression and segregation as a default. He believes that cultural divides can never be overcome. He believes that if you're black, you essentially have "no hope" because the entire game is rigged against you, so it's pointless to even try and better yourself.

This movie will be bitter, jaded, and cynical in a way that makes Zack Snyder look like Mary Poppins. Mark my f*cking words.

And this is lousy because for whatever I think about MoS or BvS or Zack Snyder or Henry Cavill, people who don't like those movies or that portrayal tend to say "It's not hopeful or uplifting enough". I personally disagree, but it's what they say. You ask them what they don't like, they'll tell you. Right or Wrong, that's their opinion.

So WB's solution to this "problem" is to hire a writer who is the exact opposite of "hopeful" or "optimistic" in his words, deeds and actions. He is a bitter and angry human being, and it didn't happen yesterday, he's been like this for decades.

You can NOT say things like "It's foolish to believe that we can ever come together as a society across racial divides" and write Superman. You can't. You can't say things like "Justice doesn't exist for you if you're different from the people in power" and write Superman. You can't say "We are powerless to ever overcome oppression because it's culturally ingrained and we're outnumbered" and write for Superman.

You cannot be so literally Hopeless and write for the character who is the entire personification of Hope as a concept.

What a terrible, horrible, awful, ass-backwards decision.

And WHEN actual Superman fans stay home, and the movie doesn't make money, WB will declare, "Well, we tried EVERYTHING! I guess Superman just doesn't sell!" And then it goes back on the shelf. 10 years? Probably more like 20 or more. It's happened before.

Horrible.

F*ck WB. And F*ck This Guy for everything he believes. It's HIS sh*t attitude that KEEPS the racial divide going and actually has made it worse than ever. This whole "We can never come together, you can never overcome" horse sh*t. F*CK that racist, divisive, ass-backwards f*cking LIE that keeps people wallowing in victimhood and keeps people down and stuck living in misery. When you TELL people "There's no hope, don't bother", guess what? They listen. But if you tell, and further SHOW people, "Guess what? You CAN overcome. You CAN rise above," then guess what? They ALSO listen. What a person chooses to believe has a lot to do with what they've been taught.

We each, as individuals, have the responsibility to put The Right Message out into the world, in hope that others will absorb it and in turn follow it. That message CAN NOT BE "the whole world is against you, and you can't do sh*t about it except be angry and 'fight back'." No. NO, I REJECT that idea. I REJECT the idea that people can't come together, that people can't Be Better, that it's all out of our hands. I reject everything this guy espouses.

He can not be writing Superman. He can't. He just can't.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:19 PM   #138
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The movie will get great reviews, for being "groundbreaking" and "fresh" and "different". Because it's automatically insulated from criticism. "If you don't like it, you're racist."
Yep. I can already see the 20-30 SJW articles that will arise.

"Why aren't white men (and women) seeing the new Superman movie?" and so on, with a bunch of like-minded people sharing these articles on FB with a "See? Racism is alive!" This will, of course, probably be after we get a bunch of interviews with the writer and maybe some of the cast saying things like, "You're a white man and don't want to see a black Superman? DON'T WATCH IT!!!"
Old 02-27-2021, 07:38 PM   #139
Leo656
The Franchise

They get their wish; I won't be seeing it.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:04 PM   #140
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Now Henry Cavill is getting "backlash" (from weirdos) for dating Gina Carano:

https://www-deseret-com.cdn.ampproje...-carano-dating