The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-21-2022, 01:17 PM   #81
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Sounds like someone who liked the DCEU to me. If you don't, cool. I don't care.
Cherry picking are we?
Old 06-21-2022, 01:18 PM   #82
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yes, hide behind your memes. It's clear you can't formulate a real argument to save your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Cherry picking are we?
You said that people gave a pass to MCU Spidey while treating the 'recent Batman and Superman' (aka Snyder's/DCEU's, unless you are also counting Pattinson in there too) with derision. That implied, to me, that you liked the DCEU. Not sure why you've decided to declare that I'm being 'crazy' here, and also throwing around cheap shots at me being a woman, as if that somehow makes my arguments dumber. Then people here wonder why I think they hate me. Eesh.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:19 PM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Yes, hide behind your memes. It's clear you can't formulate a real argument to save your life.
Do you really want to have that argument again? I mean, you're clearly looking to pick a fight with somebody -- anybody, seemingly.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #84
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Do you really want to have that argument again? I mean, you're clearly looking to pick a fight with somebody -- anybody, seemingly.
Sadly, this an impression I've got as well.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:23 PM   #85
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Sadly, this an impression I've got as well.
Sumac, really?

This is what you said to me in that other post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Sounds emo. Kiddish. And stupid.

Only you define what your life is, and if you allow outside influences to ruin it for you, then you need to re-evaluate everything in your life.

There are always wars, power0hungry dictators, idiotic politicians and the like. Allowing this **** to ruin your life is senseless and dumb.
Come on. You really think I'm just 'picking fights' over nothing?
Old 06-21-2022, 01:27 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Come on. You really think I'm just 'picking fights' over nothing?
Old 06-21-2022, 01:29 PM   #87
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
You said that people gave a pass to MCU Spidey while treating the 'recent Batman and Superman' (aka Snyder's/DCEU's, unless you are also counting Pattinson in there too) with derision. That implied, to me, that you liked the DCEU. Not sure why you've decided to declare that I'm being 'crazy' here, and also throwing around cheap shots at me being a woman, as if that somehow makes my arguments dumber. Then people here wonder why I think they hate me. Eesh.
That DCEU is long dead. If you weren't busy trying to fight, you would have seen where I said I dislike how reactionary WB is, which has ruined DC. I also pointed out you're a woman because between you saying everyone hates you and you mentioning you're a girl, I have absolutely no f*cking clue who you are since you're gonna act like I have no right to post here.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:31 PM   #88
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Alrighty. I give up.

You guys all *~*love*~* me and my super cool crap that I post on here. Yay. I feel so happy and fulfilled now.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:37 PM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Alrighty. I give up.

You guys all *~*love*~* me and my super cool crap that I post on here.
It's usually fairly interesting. When you're not accusing everyone of persecuting or hating you, anyway.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #90
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Minority opinion or whatever, but I hate what they've done to Peter in the MCU now. Homecoming was a fine foundation, then they had to ruin it with the subsequent movies. They just...didn't care. Unmasked him in his second movie only to then retcon it immediately after, and the 'consequences' being that Peter Parker now
Spoiler:
doesn't exist anymore, and nobody remembers him. Does the world even remember Spider-Man? Seems like a "no"
. Great legacy there!

Maybe they really should just kill him off in the next one as many are predicting. Just shoot that horse, and put it out of its misery. Besides, I'm sure Feige and Sony are itching to get rid of Pete just so they can replace him with Miles anyhow.
I haven't loved an MCU Spider-Man appearance since Infinity War. I wanted to love No Way Home so badly, but the script really hurts it. I honestly would not mind if they killed off Peter in the next one, to inspire Miles in "Ultimate Spider-Man" fashion, if only so they can have a re-do on MCU Peter Parker with Miles. It'd probably feel more like classic Spider-Man at this point.

Then again, half the fun of Miles is seeing how Peter's rogues and the world react to a new Spider-Man and since Peter has hardly been around to leave an impact, I sort of take that back.

I thought the MCU's Spider-Man started out great with Civil War and even Homecoming, but it's been a mess since.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #91
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's usually fairly interesting. When you're not accusing everyone of persecuting or hating you, anyway.
But, like, half the time you guys all disagree with me.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:45 PM   #92
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I haven't loved an MCU Spider-Man appearance since Infinity War. I wanted to love No Way Home so badly, but it doesn't click with me. I honestly would not mind if they killed off Peter in the next one, to inspire Miles in "Ultimate Spider-Man" fashion, if only so they can have a re-do on MCU Peter Parker with Miles. It'd probably feel more like classic Spider-Man at this point.

I thought the MCU's Spider-Man started out great with Civil War and even Homecoming, but it's been a mess since.
Probably won't be necessary to kill him. No Way Home did pretty much serve as a huge course correction by giving him back his secret identity, taking his tech away, and making him completely self-reliant. So maybe the future of Spider-Man won't be so bad, but how they got there just seems so weird, convoluted, and unnecessary.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:46 PM   #93
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Probably won't be necessary to kill him. No Way Home did pretty much serve as a huge course correction by giving him back his secret identity, taking his tech away, and making him completely self-reliant. So maybe the future of Spider-Man won't be so bad, but how they got there just seems so weird, convoluted, and unnecessary.
True, but I just have personal hang-ups about the path it took us to get here. Convoluted, as you said. So convoluted. The story doesn't feel organic at all, if that makes sense.

And I really think Far From Home was just bad.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:58 PM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

A lot of hunters actually are "conservationists", but... call me crazy, I never got that specific impression from a guy who commonly wears a dead lion as "flair".

All these other tangential conversations have me once again thinking about how awesome a Snyder-directed "Kraven's Last Hunt" would be. Man, hook that sh*t to muh veins.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #95
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Sumac, really?
This is what you said to me in that other post:
Where's contradiction?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:43 PM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
But, like, half the time you guys all disagree with me.
Doesn't mean we don't love ya.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:44 PM   #97
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Doesn't mean we don't love ya.
Thanks, Coola.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:21 PM   #98
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Bumped back 9 months:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/sony-de...-garfield-web/
Old 04-24-2023, 09:17 PM   #99
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Shown some footage at Cinemacon tonight. Trailer this summer Rhino is in it too.

Quote:
Sony revealed the first-ever footage for Kraven the Hunter starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson. The trailer starts with Kraven stopping some poachers in the wild. This is confirmed to be Rated R and the footage really shows it, with Kraven killing everyone like an animal. He uses weapons, his hands, and even his own teeth and he bites a poacher and spits out the blood. He also crawls around walls and pounces on foes like an animal. The main conflict is between his father, played by Russell Crowe, who was the one who actually raised him in the ways of hunter vs prey. The action features over-the-top gore, as Kraven uses all kinds of weapons from spears to bear traps to decapitate and chop up of goons. The footage teased a mysterious new character played by Ariana DeBose as well.

For those curious, the comic-accurate Kraven vest with the fire was briefly seen as Aaron Taylor Johnson pulls it out of an old chest. But for the most part, he is not wearing the comic-accurate costume in the footage. Surprisingly, he does meet up with another Spider-Man villain, The Rhino. A huge fight between the two begins as the former injects himself with a serum that actually turns him into a huge Rhino monster, as opposed to it being a mech suit. The footage only saw his arm morphing into a big gray rhino-like fist that did look somewhat comic-accurate.
http://https//discussingfilm.net/202...-descriptions/