The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #101
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
All I can say is, if you're sitting there honestly thinking, "We're just going to get a Black Widow movie set before 'Infinity War' that's just a day/week in the life of her and then that's it for Black Widow!" I believe you're fooling yourself.
I feel exactly the opposite. It will be fun to see which one of us is right in 5 months...

Quote:
We already saw that Original Gamora was "alive" on that ethereal plane in "Infinity War." They just need to unite that Gamora with the time-crossed one and all will be fine.

Which they better do. It's pretty stupid and a waste that we got three movies of Starlord/Gamora relationship buildup just to have the reset button hit and have them start over from scratch as strangers, if not.
While I don't see the Soul Gem Gamora soul merging with 2012 Gamora, I do agree it is/was a waste of all that relationship building just to kill Gamora and have them start over.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #102
snake
Disgusting

I'm so pissed they made Taskmaster into a generic tacticool MCU design instead of making him look like a skeleton, which would be visually interesting. Seriously, I thought they were over that phase. Apparently someone behind the camera doesn't realize that they're not working on a Netflix show anymore.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #103
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm so pissed they made Taskmaster into a generic tacticool MCU design instead of making him look like a skeleton, which would be visually interesting. Seriously, I thought they were over that phase. Apparently someone behind the camera doesn't realize that they're not working on a Netflix show anymore.
Another Iron Man style villain that they dropped the ball on.
Taskmaster, an Avengers and espionage staple with a great look, bu now looks like a G.I. Joe.
The Mandarin - don't get me started.
Whiplash looking like a street thug and not named Mark Scarlotti, but instead given the name of the Crimson Dynamo, but no Crimson Dynamo ever showing up.
Blizzard being made into a goofball kid with a weather machine on Agents of SHIELD.
Spymaster never turned up anywhere, although that would've been perfect for film.
Justin Hammer turned into a young, wisecracking asswipe instead of a brilliant, Machiavellian old guy.

All epic, epic failures given what could have been.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #104
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The Mandarin - don't get me started.
There's hope for him yet in Shang-Chi.

Quote:
Justin Hammer turned into a young, wisecracking asswipe instead of a brilliant, Machiavellian old guy.
Hope for him, too. Not a lot, but some.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #105
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
There's hope for him yet in Shang-Chi.
That'd be like seeing Batman go an entire seven movies without ever fighting the Joker, dying... and then having to watch a movie where Shazam fights the Joker.

What's even the point?
Old 12-03-2019, 02:28 PM   #106
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That'd be like seeing Batman go an entire seven movies without ever fighting the Joker, dying... and then having to watch a movie where Shazam fights the Joker.
Isn't that almost exactly what they're doing with Batman and the Joker?
Old 12-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #107
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Isn't that almost exactly what they're doing with Batman and the Joker?
Except we've seen excellent Batman/Joker movies before. Well, at least one, two if you like Jack Nicholson in the '89 movie.

This is the only live-action portrayal of Iron Man ever. And his arch nemesis was a fvcking punchline in a bad movie. It's like the Batman & Robin of the Iron Man series.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #108
AquaParade
Banned

Taskmaster's look is a disappointment in a sense. On one hand, I think he looks pretty damn cool. On the other hand, when I think of his comic costume, it feels like they dropped the ball on doing something really fun. I'm sure they tried and couldn't nail it. We'll probably seem some concepts that are closer to the real thing in the next year or so.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #109
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

What's even the point?
THANK YOU!!!!

Right there... Boom!

Thank you. Exactly. Exactly....
Old 12-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #110
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
THANK YOU!!!!

Right there... Boom!

Thank you. Exactly. Exactly....
I'm not a diehard Iron Man fan like you, amigo, but I do hate Iron Man 3 with a passion. A dark throbbing hatred, reserved for the scurrilous likes of fish tacos and truck nuts.

That terrible kid sidekick, Mandarin as a joke, terrible Extremis adaptation, the giant boob bunny thing... such a goshawful film.

Shane Black owes me an apology, $30 for movie tickets, and my crushed sense of optimism.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #111
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm not a diehard Iron Man fan like you, amigo, but I do hate Iron Man 3 with a passion. A dark throbbing hatred, reserved for the scurrilous likes of fish tacos and truck nuts.

That terrible kid sidekick, Mandarin as a joke, terrible Extremis adaptation, the giant boob bunny thing... such a goshawful film.

Shane Black owes me an apology, $30 for movie tickets, and my crushed sense of optimism.
Iron Man 2 disappointed me greatly but Iron Man 3 actually pissed me off, and I can't say that about many movies.

Sadly, I don't know that we can 100% blame Shane Black for things. Neither with The Predator. The studio tends to roll on over him in anything that isn't a small indie movie.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #112
Leo656
The Franchise

Shrimp Tacos are f*cking incredible you godless heathens.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #113
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'll defer judgment on shrimp tacos until I actually eat one, but fish tacos specifically...

Hell no. The only way to eat fish is raw.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:54 PM   #114
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Shrimp burrito for the win for me.
Anyway, not much of Marvel's upcoming slate excites me at all, and like Star Wars I won't go and blindly see every Marvel film that comes out anymore. But the Black Widow trailer looks engaging. It has the vibes of the best of the Marvel flicks since '08 rather than some of the agenda stuff.

And where are the SJW snowflakes now that Marvel isn't marketing Black Widow as an anti-man, "woman's lib" movie? Shouldn't they be frothing at the mouth right now about how Black Widow is strong and stunning and whatever other coffee house adjective they fling is?
Old 12-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #115
Sumac
Banned

Iron Man 2 was mediocre.
Iron Man 3 was great.

Also, I wonder what will be the next arc in the Marvel movies? And who will be the main villain?
The only other big name baddie, comparable to Thanos I know, is the Apocalypse from X-Men.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #116
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And where are the SJW snowflakes now that Marvel isn't marketing Black Widow as an anti-man, "woman's lib" movie? Shouldn't they be frothing at the mouth right now about how Black Widow is strong and stunning and whatever other coffee house adjective they fling is?
They're waiting for SJW articles and a consensus on it from their peoples before making their talking points. Because oh, it's coming. Wait for it.

"Why Black Widow isn't the superhero we want"/"Black Widow: Too little, too late!" and such. Probably digging up old stuff like "Age of Ultron" with her comparing being sterilized to being a monster and such and Scarlet Johansson white-washing Ghost in the Shell and almost that transexual movie she had to drop out of because ire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Also, I wonder what will be the next arc in the Marvel movies? And who will be the main villain?
The only other big name baddie, comparable to Thanos I know, is the Apocalypse from X-Men.
Dr. Doom. Galactus. In either order.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #117
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Ghost in the Shell
I could have left some of the story changes on the floor, but given the source material, that movie was terrific. It's such a shame that it's success was hindered simply by the coincidence of timing the social zeitgeist it was released in. Beautifully filmed flick and a great, great effort towards the source material.

On another note, I don't know how anyone could call Iron Man 3 great. I mean if that's truly your opinion, then so be it, but most of the time those holders-on tend to be the same normies that make observations of the lowest common denominator like "that kid in the funeral? He's the next Iron Man in the next movie!" That kid was a Shane Black trope that has nothing to do with Iron Man in any incarnation ever, but it's the simplest viewer observation to make.

I've widely seen support for that movie drop off as time has distanced the societal demand to say that a new Marvel movie was "the best one yet!" Unpopular truth - there several MCU movies that are not good. They are just event films and people recall the excitement of doing something more than the movie itself. It's a PSYC101 critical thinking error.

Last edited by IMJ; 12-04-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:41 AM   #118
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I've widely seen support for that movie drop off as time has distanced the societal demand to say that a new Marvel movie was "the best one yet!" Unpopular truth - there several MCU movies that are not good. They are just event films and people recall the excitement of doing something more than the movie itself. It's a PSYC101 critical thinking error.
I'm still way more excited to rewatch a Nolan Dark Knight film than any MCU film.

I've got the entire MCU run of DVDs (minus IM3 and Captain Marvel) on my shelf, and I probably won't rewatch them until my kids are old enough. Hell, I haven't even taken the plastic wrap off Spider-Man Far From Home... didn't see it in theaters, want to see it, just can't be bothered to actually put it in the player.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #119
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I'm still way more excited to rewatch a Nolan Dark Knight film than any MCU film.

I've got the entire MCU run of DVDs (minus IM3 and Captain Marvel) on my shelf, and I probably won't rewatch them until my kids are old enough. Hell, I haven't even taken the plastic wrap off Spider-Man Far From Home... didn't see it in theaters, want to see it, just can't be bothered to actually put it in the player.
Yeah I understand the sentiment. Once in a blue moon I might still drop the first Iron Man, Winter Soldier or Avengers 1 into the disc tray as background noise.

I'm a little interested in verifiably good 4k transfers, but that's it.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #120
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I could have left some of the story changes on the floor, but given the source material, that movie was terrific. It's such a shame that it's success was hindered simply by the coincidence of timing the social zeitgeist it was released in. Beautifully filmed flick and a great, great effort towards the source material.
I've been meaning to give it a shot. Honestly the only thing that made me stay away was the PG-13 rating. Stuff like this has no business being that.

Quote:
On another note, I don't know how anyone could call Iron Man 3 great.
It has some well-written dialogue. There, that's the only good thing I can say about it.

Quote:
Of course.

Tags
black cuckow, sjw is the new 30