The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2024, 12:45 PM   #1
oldmanwinters
Overlord

(Trans?)Shooter at Houston Megachurch

This past Sunday afternoon, a woman reportedly fired shots on the Houston campus of Lakewood Church (pop-evangelical worship center pastored by Joel Osteen). The shooter came accompanied by a 5-year-old child and with a long rifle and bomb strapped to her person. The service was a Spanish-language service, and two off-duty police officers killed the shooter. The child was injured during the incident, as was a man in his 50s.

The shooter was initially identified by police as 36-year-old Hispanic woman Genesse Ivonne Moreno.
https://apnews.com/article/church-sh...0e34297159536a

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anafagu...h=271035284088

I was shocked at how little press the story got and how quickly the media seems to have dropped it from their interests. Turns out the shooter had a trans-sexual history, and at some point went by the alias of Jeffrey Escalante. The shooter had a history of mental illness and recent prior arrests. During the church shooting, the shooter was reportedly brandishing some "Free Palestine" paraphernalia.

Sunday's "developing story" Tweet:

Haven't heard anything about the other man who was supposedly running around in public with a rifle, or if that was even related to this story.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 02-13-2024 at 01:43 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote