The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Marvel Studios Animation

Quote:
“We have so much coming your way that you might tell us, ‘Okay, take a break now!'” said Victoria Alonso, executive VP of film production at Marvel Studios, during a conversation with Marc Malkin, Variety Senior Editor of Culture and Events, at this year’s NALIP Media Summit.

As an executive producer on Marvel’s “WandaVision” and “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” Alonso played a key role in earning the studio a historic 28 Emmy nominations. But instead of pausing to show off her superpowers, Alonso is already running toward her next adventure.

While Marvel’s next show, “What If…?” will be the studio’s first animated series, it is far from the last. “We’re going to have our animation branch and mini studio, and there will be more to come from that as well,” Alonso said. “We’re super excited about animation, which is my first love.”
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mar...on-1235023739/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:06 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Marvel Animation was doing amazing in the 2000's until Disney bought them and then everything had to be heavily influenced by the MCU. It killed all the momentum and to this day I don't think there's been a memorable animated show by Disney's Marvel.

At least we went out with a bang right before Disney took over:

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

I just hope these project don't just end up being a bunch of MCU synergery nonsense. Not everything has to be part of the MCU, tie in to the MCU or be based on the MCU. I would prefer it if what is coming here are shows/movies set in their own continuity with their own interpretation of the characters.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:25 PM   #4
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I understood the announcement as this being part of the MCU, we've already had plenty of cartoons heavily influenced by the MCU, the only difference is this time it'll be canon.

I think until the movies bomb and superhero movies are dead we won't be getting another cartoon that isn't at the very least heavily influenced by the movies.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote