The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-20-2021, 09:11 AM   #1021
IMJ
Emperor

Well that was a great movie!

Absolutely blew away the "heroes sacrifice" from Nolan's Batman flicks. DaFoe should win some kind of award for the Goblin.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 09:57 AM   #1022
AquaParade
Banned

Is this when every studio starts digging through their storage closet for a golden goose? 1990 TMNT just sitting there. Bringing them back for City at War with Steve Baron would be the dream for me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #1023
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Is this when every studio starts digging through their storage closet for a golden goose? 1990 TMNT just sitting there. Bringing them back for City at War with Steve Baron would be the dream for me.
Meh, why not. And keep the budget low-to-mid. There could be far worse ideas.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:10 AM   #1024
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I wouldn't call 1990 TMNT a golden goose.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #1025
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Meh, why not. And keep the budget low-to-mid. There could be far worse ideas.
Definitely would want the budget low. Win-win for the studio and fans. That's the last movie that needs a portal in the sky at the end.

I guess it's stickier than I'm acknowledging though, because you'd have to bring back and de-age Judith, Elias, and Danny (jk), at least for a few scenes. I guess it's doable.

Obviously I'm not betting on this happening by any stretch, but Nickelodeon does seem lost with the property and nostalgia is only becoming more popular, especially in the real of comic book movies. And I know one of the writers was trying to egg Nickelodeon into bringing it back, a few years ago.
So there is that.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #1026
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
because you'd have to bring back and de-age Judith, Elias, and Danny (jk), at least for a few scenes.
I don't think you would have to do that at all.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #1027
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I don't think you would have to do that at all.
You'd recast Casey and April? Not unheard of but not the preference.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #1028
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
No, I just mean... "City at War," but 30 years later. So they'd be older anyway. The Turtles, a little rougher around the edges.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:56 AM   #1029
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No, the story can takes place 30 years after the first two movies so it's normal the characters look older. They just need to invest $100 for a good wig for Elias.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:52 AM   #1030
AquaParade
Banned

Oooh, got it.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #1031
neatoman
Emperor

Does anyone else really like the part where Doc Ock holds the Arc Reactor and is happy to see someone was able to make the thing he wanted? For some reason it really resonated with me.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 03:18 PM   #1032
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Does anyone else really like the part where Doc Ock holds the Arc Reactor and is happy to see someone was able to make the thing he wanted? For some reason it really resonated with me.
Yeah, I got a kick out of that as well as when Osborn was looking at the Stark Tech fabricator.....
Old 12-20-2021, 03:36 PM   #1033
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

My personal favorite moments:

* Andrew Garfield's "So yeah, I'm kind of lame, I fought a Russian guy in a robot suit" mini-speech, and the back and forth there. Better than I was expecting between the three of them.

* Doc Ock's sane reunion with his Peter at the end. Solid. Heartfelt.

* Murdock scene, of course. I wanted the "we see DD in the end credits suited up" rumor to be true.

---

Isn't it weird with The Lizard and Sandman, though? They're, like, the anomalies in the movie. They didn't die in their old movies, they remain CGI the entire time, and when they're not CGI at the end it's just recycled footage from their old movies. What for?

Also if they wanted to give Jamie Foxx a makeover, they should have just made him bald. It's not very believable he could give himself a perfectly lined up haircut like that in the electric dimension.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:56 PM   #1034
neatoman
Emperor

Well, Sandman is clearly from some point after SM3 and he doesn't take on a fully human appearance until after he's cured. I'm guessing the movie implies his powers are degrading and he might be dying if they aren't removed? I'm not sure, I don't think they make explicit or even hint at it enough.

As for Lizard... There aren't any hints he might be dying but if he's cured before he kills George Stacy or attempts to mutate New York, then that would mean he never ends up in prison. So curing him is still a win?

As for recycling the footage... Yeah that was odd, didn't they get Church and Ifans to voice them? Why not just shoot new footage then?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 04:26 PM   #1035
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well, Sandman is clearly from some point after SM3 and he doesn't take on a fully human appearance until after he's cured. I'm guessing the movie implies his powers are degrading and he might be dying if they aren't removed? I'm not sure, I don't think they make explicit or even hint at it enough.

As for Lizard... There aren't any hints he might be dying but if he's cured before he kills George Stacy or attempts to mutate New York, then that would mean he never ends up in prison. So curing him is still a win?

As for recycling the footage... Yeah that was odd, didn't they get Church and Ifans to voice them? Why not just shoot new footage then?
Was that really old footage?!? I didn't know......

The whole time I was watching I was thinking that they kept Sandman in sand-form because for some reason they couldn't get Thomas Haden Church back, but then when he was "cured" at the end I was thinking "oh I guess it was him all along", but you are saying that basically both he and Rhys Ifans used recycled footage for those two shots?

-Edit-

Yeah guess so..... Hm.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #1036
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
My personal favorite moments:

* Andrew Garfield's "So yeah, I'm kind of lame, I fought a Russian guy in a robot suit" mini-speech, and the back and forth there. Better than I was expecting between the three of them.

* Doc Ock's sane reunion with his Peter at the end. Solid. Heartfelt.

* Murdock scene, of course. I wanted the "we see DD in the end credits suited up" rumor to be true.

---

Isn't it weird with The Lizard and Sandman, though? They're, like, the anomalies in the movie. They didn't die in their old movies, they remain CGI the entire time, and when they're not CGI at the end it's just recycled footage from their old movies. What for?

Also if they wanted to give Jamie Foxx a makeover, they should have just made him bald. It's not very believable he could give himself a perfectly lined up haircut like that in the electric dimension.
Yes, good eye they’re both using recycled scenes. People been saying it’s because of Covid limitations so they only recorded new audio for them.

As for Electro I’ll allow it because he looks so darn cool now lol.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 01:06 AM   #1037
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've seen the COVID stuff and I'd buy that on like an indie film but in something like this? No way. If anything maybe Haden Church and Lizard guy were late level afterthoughts imperfectly packed in. And if you think about it... how integral were the Lizard and Sandman to things in the scenes in which they were required to interact with anyone? Or any scene? Yeah you have a lot of sweeping Sandman action stuff... but maybe added? I think even with what's there you could completely edit them out of the movie.

I do suspect they were added in post. And then a minimum amount of reshoots.

Spoiler:
Was anyone else hoping that Tobey would actually die? Not like HOPING he would die, like actively wishing that... but wanting that moment and sacrifice not to be a copout?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-21-2021 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-21-2021, 01:11 AM   #1038
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I've seen the COVID stuff and I'd buy that on like an indie film but in something like this? No way.
What makes Hollywood films so exempt from Covid like the rest of the industry?
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 01:17 AM   #1039
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
What makes Hollywood films so exempt from Covid like the rest of the industry?
Millions of dollars. The same reason Mission Impossible 273 continued with hundreds of crew and cast even in the middle of it, at the beginning. And that is even lesser than something like this movie.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:14 AM   #1040
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Spoiler:
Was anyone else hoping that Tobey would actually die? Not like HOPING he would die, like actively wishing that... but wanting that moment and sacrifice not to be a copout?
Spoiler:
I don’t mind if Tobey died but it’ll be really sad for the fans who wanted to see him again for so long finally and suddenly he’s gone forever in this movie. So I’m glad they didn’t do that.

Even when the reveal happened I was so excited and in disbelief to see Andrew Garfield Spidey again but when it’s Tobey I’m just like oh hello Tobey, cool, but the audience went wild and screamed so loud for him. They cherish and appreciate Tobey so much that I can respect him for that and his impact.

If they wanted to kill off Tobey at least make it grand like Logan, an epic Oscar worthy send off movie.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote