The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-18-2022, 07:24 AM   #41
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

So what happens when he pulls the trigger? Is there going to be a party? What about us new guys? Do we get cake? I like chocolate.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:58 AM   #42
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Okay....not a good reason to leave though.
If I recall correctly they once said it's because they don't want to be a sad loser or something. That after 10,000 posts it's like a badge on how pathetic a person is.

Not a bad thesis other than the fact that posting on a forum at all sort of has Pathetic Loser-dom as a prerequisite. But whatever. What's important is that more people leaving speeds up the forum's extinction process.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:51 AM   #43
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If I recall correctly they once said it's because they don't want to be a sad loser or something. That after 10,000 posts it's like a badge on how pathetic a person is.

Not a bad thesis other than the fact that posting on a forum at all sort of has Pathetic Loser-dom as a prerequisite. But whatever. What's important is that more people leaving speeds up the forum's extinction process.
Meh...I'd rather post on a forum where I can express my opinions on something I care about rather than on a social media page full of lemmings and Stockholm syndrome suckers that defend crap and take it up the ass! I'd like to think we have somewhat more of a life than they do. But I guess getting into arguments is all part of the ride so...
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

It's all bad.

As I said elsewhere, the people I know in Real Life who have big houses, nice cars and inground pools? For them the internet is for work and That's It. They don't so much as glance at their phone otherwise unless it's a family member text.

A person can be a happy successful person or an Internet Nerd. Can't be both.

Also if you think THIS place is any more tolerant of dissenting opinion than anyplace else, you need to pay more attention. It's just as one-sided and prone to dogpiling as anyplace else, and actually worse, really; there's just fewer people so it comes off a little less unhinged.

"Nerd Sh*t Conversations" are for Denny's with your Real Friends, not on the internet with a bunch of randos trying to out-snark each other. Social media was a mistake.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:38 AM   #45
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I don't hate this place but I've been on alot less and feel alot happier by focusing on family and real life friends. I don't think I'll ever cross the 4500 post mark here.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 02:28 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

I plan to be the very last person here up until the very end. In the year 2050, if this place still exists, I will be here. I will be an old man by then, still logged on with my last dying breath.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 03:10 PM   #47
Leo656
The Franchise

"King of Sh*t Mountain". What a life goal.

Old 09-18-2022, 04:14 PM   #48
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"King of Sh*t Mountain". What a life goal.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:57 AM   #49
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Why do people pretend season 1 of the 1987 TMNT cartoon is good?
Why do people take offence to the original TMNT series so much? Why do they have a problem with people who enjoy it? Contrarians? Or is it envy that all the other 'perceivably better' TMNT shows since then will never measure up in the mainstream consciousness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
He said that he's leaving forever after 10,000 posts.
So he's decided he's outgrown the original cartoons and wants to torch it before he goes? Wonder if he'll nuke the discord too since he named it after something from the 80s show (another thing I don't get...if some of you hate the old show that much or have grown to hate it, why are you on a tribute site to it? Nobody really cares about the rest of the franchise, as evident by the diminishing returns on the remaining sections, the minute they're over with, you don't bother discussing it further....except the old show)

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-19-2022 at 03:04 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:33 AM   #50
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Why do people take offence to the original TMNT series so much? Why do they have a problem with people who enjoy it? Contrarians? Or is it envy that all the other 'perceivably better' TMNT shows since then will never measure up in the mainstream consciousness?
It's a legitimately bad show, it's not a contrarian statement, show it to almost anyone who didn't grow up watching it and there are no nostalgia goggles to protect it. It's full of bad plots and it's rarely ever well animated, it really does not hold up on the most basic level.

As for the mainstream consciousness thing, again, that mainly appears to be a lingering effect of the show having been on for almost 10 years and ending just a little over 25 years ago. It's likely going to start to fade away a bit next decade when the average fan is entering their 50's. It's like how the Adam West Batman or Super Friends maintained their status as "the versions" of Batman and the Justice League for decades after they ended but they still ceased to have that status. Hell, the original Transformers cartoon was a fairly big hit when it came out but ask anyone today and the Michael Bay movies are more likely to pop into the regular Joe's head when they hear Transformers. Nothing is really immune to this effect.

I know this place still have a lot of people who grew up with this particular version and are thus willing to ignore the fatal flaws, plus the fact that just kind of happened to be the "first big" version in pop culture also helps create the illusion that it always will be the most well known version.

But yeah, to simplify:
  1. The show isn't good, that's mostly your nostalgia talking when you say it is.
  2. It still having a place in pop culture doesn't really make it good.
  3. And it probably won't have a place in pop culture or a significant portion of TMNT who grew up on it forever.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #51
RetroReminiscence
Random Punk

I think when I was younger I loved the earlier seasons, but as I became a teen I loved the darker 8-10 seasons.
RetroReminiscence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:35 PM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

Ah come on, I was just joshin' I love the 87 show and I have no nostalgia for it since I didn't get to catch it on TV as a kid more than a couple of times.

2k3>1987>2012 and I don't hate 2012.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote