The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse

Quote:
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is praised as one of the greatest animated movies in filmmaking history. Its incredible and innovative animation style, along with an amazing score and spectacular storytelling, have allowed the film to go on and win multiple awards and accolades, including a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film. The film is not only regarded as one of the greatest animated feature films but is also praised by Spider-Man fans everywhere as one of the best adaptations of Spider-Man in any medium, which is ironic considering there are multiple Spider-Men (and Woman) included in this 2018 film. So it should be no surprise that the expectations for the upcoming sequel are higher than ever before.

And now according to a LinkedIn listing that we discovered from a CFX supervisor who also worked on the first film, it appears that the sequel will be titled: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse!

With this title, and given its predecessor’s ending, we can lightly speculate about the story of the upcoming sequel. Given how the first film was set entirely in the universe 1610 (Miles’ universe), the title seems to lead on that Miles’ next adventure will take place outside his universe and travel across the Spider-Verse along with Gwen Stacy.

Details on the film’s plot are pretty much unknown at this time and what characters could appear (or return) to the film. We know at the moment that both Shameik Moore and Hailee Steinfeld are set to return as Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, respectively. We also know Issa Rae will be making her debut in the ITSV franchise as Jessica Drew, aka Spider-Woman. We also know from producer Phil Lord that the Japanese Spider-Man “Supaidaman” will be one of the many characters appearing in the film. It can also be assumed that Oscar Issac, who portrayed Miguel O’Hara/Spider-Man 2099 in the post-credit scene of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, could also make an appearance.

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/itsv-sequel-title/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

Spider-Man 2099 has always been one of my favorite stories in comics, so the more we see of 2099, the better.

I'm hoping it'll lead to a spin-off film. I find Miguel O'Hara to be a great character, at least the way Peter David wrote him. His battles always felt so desperate. He'd occasionally have to kill to survive, but you knew it screwed with him to have to do it, just like it would screw with us. There was an edge to those stories, but they didn't try too hard.

Personality-wise, Miguel was sort of like an inverted Peter Parker. They're both intelligent, but Miguel was a wise-ass to the people in his everyday life, and a bit more tongue-tied and in over his head as Spider-Man. It works.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can't say I keep up on Spider-Man stuff, but the first was a fun watch and had been hoping they'd make another, so I'm glad to hear it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
As a huge Spidey fan from way back, this truly warms my cockles. I have also had a hankering for some 2099 Spidey, so this is way cool news. Can't wait to see where it goes!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:30 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So it looks like Sony have split the movie in two parts, the first instalment comes out October 7th 2022, here's the first look, which also confirms Spider-Man 2099 will have a bigger role

Old 12-05-2021, 02:35 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Two parts? That's quite confident from a financial standpoint, what's the reason? Were there just so many ideas they couldn't fit into one movie or something?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:50 AM   #7
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

First one was great, though it looks like Peter isn't in this one and he helped make the movie for me. I mean, there could be some other versions of him, so that might be cool.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:01 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
First one was great, though it looks like Peter isn't in this one and he helped make the movie for me. I mean, there could be some other versions of him, so that might be cool.
I think the core three of the movie will be Miles, Gwen and Miguel (2099) but I'm sure Peter B will still show up. I'm hoping he's become the RYV Spider-Man with MJ and their kid Annie as his partners
Old 04-20-2022, 08:17 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Sony’s animated sequel to the Oscar winning movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is moving from Oct. 7 this year to June 2, 2023. The news is breaking just before the studio’s presentation at CinemaCon next week.

Meanwhile, the pic’s sequel, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part II, is dated for March 29, 2024.
Stop with pushing Movies to a year or two later. You Can't use Covid as an excuse anymore this is getting annoying

https://deadline.com/2022/04/spider-...es-1235007010/
Old 04-21-2022, 06:04 AM   #10
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Peter B's arc is basically done, so they'd either need to give him another one, or just minimize his role. He was my favorite in the first one (though I love Miles and Gwen as well), but I am okay with him getting replaced.

Also the delay worries me, and upsets me. 2022 seems like a mostly meh year for movies for me. No, not excited for Lightyear or the MCU stuff before anyone asks.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:11 AM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Stop with pushing Movies to a year or two later. You Can't use Covid as an excuse anymore this is getting annoying

https://deadline.com/2022/04/spider-...es-1235007010/
... Yeah, why is it getting pushed? What's the real reason?

Is there something else that might be more profitable in the pipeline? Is there something that need to be redone because of low quality? Are they reconsidering their plans with the license? Was the movie made using a bad script?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:05 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Peter B's arc is basically done, so they'd either need to give him another one, or just minimize his role. He was my favorite in the first one (though I love Miles and Gwen as well), but I am okay with him getting replaced.
Peter B can come back to show how far he's come as a committed husband and potential father
Old 04-21-2022, 09:54 AM   #13
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Peter B can come back to show how far he's come as a committed husband and potential father
That's not a story arc, that's just showing what happened after the first movie was done.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #14
AquaParade
Banned

I'm looking forward to seeing Spider-Man 2099, but not all that disappointed because I don't love the first film as much as most people.

There is definitely a lot to appreciate, but overall, I find it too loud & noisy. How old does that make me sound? It just felt like a constant assault on my senses.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:53 AM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
That's not a story arc, that's just showing what happened after the first movie was done.
If they're exploring the love story between Gwen and Miles, Peter, MJ and their daughter can tag along to show what it's like to be partners and have a family. There's a good chance they'll base them off of the Renew Your Vows versions.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:53 AM   #16
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If they're exploring the love story between Gwen and Miles, Peter, MJ and their daughter can tag along to show what it's like to be partners and have a family. There's a good chance they'll base them off of the Renew Your Vows versions.
Unless they skip ahead into the future in Peter B's alternate dimension, then he won't have a child, but a baby (or not).

The teaser implies only a few months have gone by, at most.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #17
IMJ
Emperor

I would be so down with a Spider-Man 2099 movie, whether or not it was animated or live-action.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:38 PM   #18
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Unless they skip ahead into the future in Peter B's alternate dimension, then he won't have a child, but a baby (or not).

The teaser implies only a few months have gone by, at most.
In the comics, the Renew Your Vows Parker family raised their daughter from eight to fifteen in their universe, and when they crossed over to other realities for the Spider-Geddon event, the core universe was still in it's own present

If you've watched Sliders, there was one universe where events from thirty years past were playing out as if it were the present. There's a whole legitimate scientific thesis on how that is possible and it's explained in the episode. Past or Future events can occur to someone who may only have seen mere months pass by since they last saw them
Old 04-22-2022, 12:55 PM   #19
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In the comics, the Renew Your Vows Parker family raised their daughter from eight to fifteen in their universe, and when they crossed over to other realities for the Spider-Geddon event, the core universe was still in it's own present

If you've watched Sliders, there was one universe where events from thirty years past were playing out as if it were the present. There's a whole legitimate scientific thesis on how that is possible and it's explained in the episode. Past or Future events can occur to someone who may only have seen mere months pass by since they last saw them
I'm aware of Sliders, and whatnot, but based on the first movie, it seems they are all supposed to be parallel dimensions that are happening all at once. This is why Miles and Gwen both remain the same age in the teaser.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:35 PM   #20
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The Scarlet Spider Ben Reilly, Peter's clone, has been confirmed for the movie

https://twitter.com/RenMelnik/status...fYKzI-YGA&s=19