The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-07-2023, 01:22 PM   #941
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfiduciary View Post
Yes, it's the "same" in the sense that you made a statement about a piece of pop culutre, and you were wrong about it.
But I wasn't wrong. If he gets killed as a baby that means he never grows up and becomes Superman. i.e., the world never had a Superman. So again, same difference. Slow news day on CNN for you or something?

Quote:
Spoiler:
She's been prisoner for a LONG time in the movie. She's actually quite emaciated in the start of the film.
No crap. We've known that since like the first trailer when they show her emaciated and then "charging up."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 10:36 AM   #942
ZariusTwo
Overlord

For what it's worth

Spoiler:
Clooney's cameo is confirmed by multiple accounts who've seen the final version and the post-credits is just Mamoa getting drunk off his ass with Ezra and collapsing into a puddle
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:03 PM   #943
Dpooly84
Banned

I can't believe people will pay money to see a pedophile playing the Flash.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:08 PM   #944
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
For what it's worth

Spoiler:
Clooney's cameo is confirmed by multiple accounts who've seen the final version and the post-credits is just Mamoa getting drunk off his ass with Ezra and collapsing into a puddle
Spoiler:
So Momoa's Aquaman is in the "new" universe or not?
Old 06-10-2023, 02:00 AM   #945
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Spoiler:
So Momoa's Aquaman is in the "new" universe or not?
Spoiler:
Yes, he's in the new universe. He's talking to Ezra's Barry as they walk out of the bar, he asks Barry about all the different Batmen he's met in other realities and questions if he's the same in them. Apparently in one of them he's a dog but Barry keeps this from him
Old 06-12-2023, 12:58 AM   #946
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler:
Clooney cameo has leaked to Youtube
Old 06-13-2023, 08:20 AM   #947
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So for that cameo, were they visiting alternate earths or something? Obviously that guy can't be their new Batman going forward.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #948
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So for that cameo, were they visiting alternate earths or something? Obviously that guy can't be their new Batman going forward.
Spoiler:
Barry thinks he's arrived home at the end
Old 06-13-2023, 09:59 AM   #949
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
So Barry thinks he's home but then we see he's in the Batman Forever/Batman & Robin universe? i.e., adios, Ezra?
Old 06-13-2023, 10:01 AM   #950
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So they're pretty much admitting that certain 90s movie doesn't take place in the same universe as certain other 90s movie?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:01 AM   #951
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Spoiler:
So Barry thinks he's home but then we see he's in the Batman Forever/Batman & Robin universe? i.e., adios, Ezra?
Spoiler:
Not quite. Ezra is seen talking to a drunk Jason Mamoa in the post-credits
Old 06-13-2023, 10:21 AM   #952
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I can't believe they didn't even give Grant Gustin a 2 second non speaking cameo to tie things up together.
They lied.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2023/...dy-muschietti/
Old 06-13-2023, 12:25 PM   #953
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just saw more of the ending on Youtube

Spoiler:
One of Ezra's teeth falls out when he meets Clooney, so he looks like a yokel
Old 06-13-2023, 09:21 PM   #954
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just saw more of the ending on Youtube

Spoiler:
One of Ezra's teeth falls out when he meets Clooney, so he looks like a yokel
I watched that too. Why does his tooth fall out?
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:52 PM   #955
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
So is this REALLY a multiverse? From what I understand, Flash goes back and saves his parents (or tries to) and then this act makes the timeline unfold differently, for some reason... right? But why would Bruce Wayne be a completely different person? I would imagine the changes to the timeline would only go forward, not backwards. Like, Battfleck would already be around and would be like 20 by the time Flash saves his parents. Or does the Flash just "think" he goes back in time, but really travels to another reality entirely?

Is it REALLY concrete that the Keaton Batman in this is the Burtonverse Batman? Not a time-shifting-induced oddity?
Old 06-14-2023, 02:42 AM   #956
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
I watched that too. Why does his tooth fall out?
Spoiler:
It's a call back to an earlier point in the film where he loses his real tooth in an accident
Old 06-14-2023, 03:09 AM   #957
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Spoiler:
It's a call back to an earlier point in the film where he loses his real tooth in an accident
Ah, thanks. It just looks so dumb. Ezra Miller‘s acting is so corny, it hurts.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:42 AM   #958
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've seen some of the other cameos

Spoiler:
Not a whole lot to it really, Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater are together in their scene and they just stand there, Teddy Sears cameos as Jay Garrick dashing around, he shares the same universe as the George Reeves Superman.

Seems the only Superman that sees action in the multiverse sequence is Nicolas Cage fighting the giant spider
Old 06-14-2023, 07:14 AM   #959
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I've seen some of the other cameos

Spoiler:
Not a whole lot to it really, Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater are together in their scene and they just stand there, Teddy Sears cameos as Jay Garrick dashing around, he shares the same universe as the George Reeves Superman.

Seems the only Superman that sees action in the multiverse sequence is Nicolas Cage fighting the giant spider
I'm looking forward to this movie almost explicitly to see how they handle Keaton. But basically everything I'm reading seems like this movie is a "multiversal dumping ground" for every bad idea DC has had on film or for unrealized moments rather than any real fan service.

For example, they could have CGid Reeve fighting an amazing monster and had Cage standing their looking goofy at the screen, but they did the exact opposite instead.

I'm still reserving full judgement, but some of these things are adding up poorly.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:25 AM   #960
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I saw the movie. It was fair, fun, but is it essential peak cinema? Nope, it's something you'd air on Kids WB back in the day

Spoiler:

I really enjoyed those opening scenes with Affleck and Gadot, but that CG baby rescue needs to go. It was a scene you'd expect out of Deadpool

Pun fully intended, but this film just 'sped' through every major moment too, Michael Keaton randomly does his best to randomly explain the time travel with food analogies, isn't crystal clear why he won't help them, then changes his mind and ditches the Billy Connolly look just like that and dons the suit. He gets a big huge action scene in Siberia, but after that he just kind of winds down and the acting is peak 'cheque please' from him the whole time. You could say that about a lot of other performances also.

Supergirl? Oh man A lot of her scenes once she's healthy is just exposition, reading details about her character off a casting sheet than really giving in an impactful, emotionally driven performance. She's likeable enough, she has a presence, but she feels so unessential outside of helping Older Barry get his powers back.

And about Barry and the differences I did appreciate Ezra managing to sort of approach the roles uniquely, he's a total clutz at the start of the film, but suddenly comes into his own with the mentorship of Young Barry, and it was satisfying that it did come through for him when young Barry sacrifices himself at the end