The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-10-2023, 12:56 AM   #1
Looney Turtles
Random Punk

How would you have done Season 6?

Let's say Rise of the TMNT never came to be and instead, they gave us Season 6 of the 2012 series. How would you have done it?

I would tie other loose ends, like turn Timothy/The Pulverizer/Mutagen Man back to normal like Donnie promised, bring back some of the lesser villains like Spider Bytez, Armaggon and Hun (who was mysteriously absent during both the Super Shredder and Kavaxas arcs) for another battle. Maybe bring in other villains the 1987 series had, like Tempestra and Mung. I wouldn't have any main villain, much like Season 5 didn't. Maybe even have Tiger Claw and Bebop and Rocksteady join the Mighty Mutanimals, now that they've formed a truce with the Turtles.
Looney Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 01:56 AM   #2
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I wouldn't even do a whole season. I'd have a movie taking place shortly after Mutant Apocalypse, wherein Renet shows up, takes the older turtles back in time to prevent the apocalypse, where they team up with their younger selves, defeat what's left of the Kraang, prevent the future, and end it with the turtles being exposed to the world and being accepted and hailed as heroes, fulfilling what she told them when she first met them. That way people who like Mutant Apocalypse can keep it, and we get an ending that's actually good for the story. A nice conclusive triumph to end it on.

And sure, throw in curing Timothy in there somewhere. It always bugged me that they never got around to that.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 03:03 AM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney Turtles View Post
Let's say Rise of the TMNT never came to be and instead, they gave us Season 6 of the 2012 series. How would you have done it?

I would tie other loose ends, like turn Timothy/The Pulverizer/Mutagen Man back to normal like Donnie promised, bring back some of the lesser villains like Spider Bytez, Armaggon and Hun (who was mysteriously absent during both the Super Shredder and Kavaxas arcs) for another battle. Maybe bring in other villains the 1987 series had, like Tempestra and Mung. I wouldn't have any main villain, much like Season 5 didn't. Maybe even have Tiger Claw and Bebop and Rocksteady join the Mighty Mutanimals, now that they've formed a truce with the Turtles.
I could have told you how I would have handled season six. But I won't. Instead, I'm just going to show you.
https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=62662
This is my fan comic "the Full 80 Percent" which is my take on how season six would have been.
Old 09-10-2023, 04:21 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah, tying up loose ends like the Mutagen Man and the various mutants left roaming around is a given. Just assume that I would try to fix that, though some more concrete ideas for stories other than "cure the mutants" may be in order, so here is a list of possible premises to use:
  • The Utroms reasserting themselves after the fall of the Kraang.
  • Baxter Stockman trying to regain the """strength""" and """intellect""" he thought was improved by being a fly monster, by either becoming a cyborg or an attempt at becoming a super-soldier.
  • The EPF deciding that all mutants need to be cured, because regardless of whether they are evil or want to return to their former selves, their existence is by definition pollution of earth's ecosystem.
  • Have the time travel duplicates of Casey and April return as "Robyn and Sid".
  • Reveal that the significance of the Shredder helmet is that it was created by Ch'rell as a way influencing the minds of his successors.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 11:09 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

There aren't any "loose ends," they ended the show the way they wanted to. The only thing is there were still some random mutants on the loose in NYC by the end of the show like Spiderbitez, Snakeweed, etc...but they're not that important and we know the Turtles would just stop them if they ever caused trouble again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 12:31 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There aren't any "loose ends," they ended the show the way they wanted to. The only thing is there were still some random mutants on the loose in NYC by the end of the show like Spiderbitez, Snakeweed, etc...but they're not that important and we know the Turtles would just stop them if they ever caused trouble again.
Hahahaha!
Old 09-10-2023, 03:22 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

There were no "major" loose ends besides some random mutants still roaming around NY like Spiderbitez, Snakeweed, etc. like I said above.

- Shredder was dead and went back to Hell with Kavaxas.
- Kraang Prime is dead
- Kraang Subprime is dead
- The other Kraang were mostly free of their brainwash or Bishop/Utroms were helping them return to normal (we see a Kraang in a jar in one of the last eps if I remember right)
- Karai and the Foot Clan were good guys/allies
- Bebop/Rocksteady more or less became allies in the last episode
- Tiger Claw declared a truce with the Turtles and left
- Rahzar is dead
- Fishface just kinda made peace with the Turtles in his last appearance and went off
- Baxter Stockman was demutated and assumingly stopped causing trouble since we didn't see him after Season 4.

- The Triceratons are dead
- The Rat King is dead
- Lord Dregg is dead
- Newtralizer is dead
- Savanti Romero is dead
- The fat gangsters and the others went back to jail
- Armaggon was last seen pulled into a pit and probably died
- Mutagen Man was confirmed dead in the future arc
- April's mother was never a plotline, people took that out of context and April just hoped she'd still be alive.

Besides the final future arc, everything was wrapped up besides some minor mutants who are just roaming around NY. And that's not really a big deal unless you have some burning desire to find out what happened to "Justin" or a random Squirrelnoid.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 09-10-2023 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:36 PM   #8
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
There were no "major" loose ends besides some random mutants still roaming around NY like Spiderbitez, Snakeweed, etc. like I said above.

- Shredder was dead went went back to Hell with Kavaxas.
- Kraang Prime is dead
- Kraang Subprime is dead
- The other Kraang were mostly free of their brainwash or Bishop/Utroms were helping them return to normal (we see a Kraang in a jar in one of the last eps if I remember right)
- Karai and the Foot Clan were good guys/allies
- Bebop/Rocksteady more or less became allies in the last episode
- Tiger Claw declared a truce with the Turtles and left
- Rahzar is dead
- Fishface just kinda made peace with the Turtles in his last appearance and went off
- Baxter Stockman was demutated and assumingly stopped causing trouble since we didn't see him after Season 4.

- The Triceratons are dead
- The Rat King is dead
- Lord Dregg is dead
- Newtralizer is dead
- Savanti Romero is dead
- The fat gangsters and the others went back to jail
- Armaggon was last seen pulled into a pit and probably died
- Mutagen Man was confirmed dead in the future arc
- April's mother was never a plotline, people took that out of context and April just hoped she'd still be alive.

Besides the final future arc, everything was wrapped up besides some minor mutants who are just roaming around NY. And that's not really a big deal unless you have some burning desire to find out what happened to "Justin" or a random Squirrelnoid.
Legitimately, the single, solitary loose end was that Donnie was like "I'll cure you Timothy!" And then they never brought him up again, even after they created retromutagen. It's not even a major plot point. Every major plot point was settled. I still think Mutant Apocalypse was bunk, though. Any continuation for me would have to find a way to retcon that, or ignore it.

Oh yeah, and Fugitoid. I guess technically he's still alive, but whatever.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:05 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

I assume Ciro realized the Pulverizer was a very unpopular character due to how annoying they made him so they thought there was no reason to change him back.
Old 09-12-2023, 04:47 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I assume Ciro realized the Pulverizer was a very unpopular character due to how annoying they made him so they thought there was no reason to change him back.
Annoying or not, I doubt being a frozen glob of goo is a fate he deserves just for that. I mean, I would love to retcon the FW Baxter into in imposter the real Baxter murders with an hydraulic press on the basis that "swatting flies" does not count as illegal, but I think a lot of people would hate it because FW Baxter is such a pathetic character to begin with.

Anyway, yay or nay on Splinter being reincarnated as a lab rat in a continuation of this show?
Hahahaha!
Old 09-22-2023, 04:56 PM   #11
miru
Mad Scientist

A lot of these ideas are valid, especially the one about Ch’rell and the Shredder helmet. I would have also;

* Had Ch’rell take on Vernon and/or Burne as human forms
* Added more prior villains like Tempestra, Shoate, Drako, Scaletail, Sho’kanbo, etc.
* Sho’kanbo in particular would be the main enemy for the space-turtle copies.
* More focus on extant characters like Sir Malachi.
* Do a 2k3 crossover episode.

I also had a lot of ideas for new arcs: World Tour, Battle Nexus, some relatively direct Mirage adaptations… some stories I was looking into were Sons of the Silent Age and Masks.

Last edited by miru; 09-25-2023 at 11:26 AM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 06:55 AM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Battle Nexus
Or Stump Intergalactic Wrestling.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 09:49 AM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'd make season 6 the adventures after the Mutant Apocalypse Finale.

The turtles and Mira surviving in the desert, meeting old friends and new enemies along the way.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 07:17 AM   #14
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Annoying or not, I doubt being a frozen glob of goo is a fate he deserves just for that. I mean, I would love to retcon the FW Baxter into in imposter the real Baxter murders with an hydraulic press on the basis that "swatting flies" does not count as illegal, but I think a lot of people would hate it because FW Baxter is such a pathetic character to begin with.

Anyway, yay or nay on Splinter being reincarnated as a lab rat in a continuation of this show?
You know, it was thinking about all of this which made me come up with the main plots of my fan comic.
- Stockman is still out for revenge
- The Kraang make another attempt to invade
- Poor Timothy needs redemption
- For someone who got as big a role as she got, we never really got to know Karai.

*Spoilers*
Because in my comic, using the DNA samples that Stockman had taken from all the Foot Clan members, were used in a comeback scheme by the Kraang to create an army of Foot Clan clones in their millions. Only to betray him after he served his purpose. But him being cunning enough to overcome even his own death.

I also had Raphael using Donnie's DNA Vial of the Pulverizer, to save the fish in Shredder's aquarium by turning them into Pulverizer clones. But giving them the relative strength and the underwater breathing capabilities of the fish they used to be. Making them a very capable battle ready unit.

When Splinter was captured by the Foot Clan in the "Return to New York" arc, and handed over to Stockman. That would have given him ample opportunity to take samples of Splinter's DNA.

Resulting into Stockman creating a Splinter clone specifically to take on the Turtles.

As for fleshing out Karai's backstory, I introduced a set of identical triplet sisters who trained together with Karai when she was growing up. Revealing, among other things, how their tutelage under Tatsu was.

But I also gave Baxter Stockman a backstory, a connection with his mother. which was inspired by the 2003 version of him. I wanted him to be more human.

I tried to be as canon as possible, to have this "Sixth season" to be as believable as I could get it, which isn't easy.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 12-31-2023 at 07:45 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 01:56 AM   #15
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I think if season six was to be done. Have Donnie getting weird signals over his T-Phone. Leading to the fugatoid coming back, the turtles encounter Draco. Not as a sore loser who was bested in a tournament. But maybe as a being who has bested the greatest warriors in every dimention he has accessed and so he enters the dimention the Turtles reside in. He at first arrives expecting to take on the Triceratons, or Lord Dreg, only to find they have been destroyed. So he plans to face against the turtles but is unimpressed with their skill. So he soundly defeats the turtles. Instead of destroying them however, he seperates the turtles across various eras of time and space, leaving Leo behind. Before anything more can happen, Leo also vanishes.

This leaves Casey, April, Karai, and the mutanimals to figure out what should be done about Draco.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:19 AM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Fans should try their own season six, but just use existing footage and an A.I voice cast. Do what Fanatic Films do with their Transformers G1 revival.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 07:55 AM   #17
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fans should try their own season six, but just use existing footage and an A.I voice cast. Do what Fanatic Films do with their Transformers G1 revival.
Heh, I'd do "The Last Ronin" that way. I always wanted to hear Greg Cipes' voice in a scene like this one...