The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #101
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Wonder why Helga throws her locket into the river? That can't be good, I hope he doesn't reject her in that scene and it just gets interrupted
Something clearly does happen to set Helga off, Arnold is heard to say in the trailer "I didn't want to hurt you", which, though I can't say for certain, is probably where he is trying to clear the air with Helga when coming clean about being in love with her. That's just my hunch anyway

The parts with the locket obviously occurs mid-way through the movie just as everything starts going to hell and the pirates catch up with them. There are scenes in the trailer where Arnold saves Helga from being struck by a dart and the two are swept down a waterfall together, presumably at some point in this escapade together they're able to override the existing tension and probably come together in the way we want

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I ship Arnold x Helga way more now than I ever did back then. If that isn't dealt with or resolved in this film, then Craig is a huge troll. He's said for years in TJM that Arnold would reciprocate her feelings. I couldn't see him changing that.
Craig said this movie would be full of romance and that if this leads to nothing afterwards, it will have the most closure we've ever had for the show to the point his desired sixth season would be a new beginning.

Craig wants Helga and Arnold to happen as badly as we all do, but he's also a story teller and he wants this film to be about characters revealing who they truly are out of their usual comfort zone. He's been saying TJM should not be just a fluff piece, but a key chapter in Arnold and Helga's growth as characters. Helga putting aside her childish obsession with Arnold probably has more to do with learning not to put him on too much of a pedastle so that when the time comes for Arnold to reciprocate, the two have come to a mature and equal footing with one another.

Craig also said he'd love to do more "Dark Arnold" episodes in the sixth season, so clearly he does have a set plan for more for Arnold/Helga.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:25 AM   #102
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Olivia says that the movie resolves things, but there will be "no closure", as the intention is to do a follow-up season afterwards

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/6/16...odes-nycc-2017

Resolution without closure could mean anything, obviously if they're going back to sixth grade, that leaves the possibility that Arnold does not stay with his parents.

I just hope it isn't just that Helga lets her obsession go, but Arnold admits he loves her and they decide to stay friends for the time being and "take it slow", or some b.s, if they want to go to series afterwards, that's great, but you can have a series where the two are trying to make their first stab at a relationship work. Kim Possible had a whole final season about Kim and Ron together after the "So The Drama" movie

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-08-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:25 PM   #103
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Unless they're guaranteed to get a sixth season, then they shouldn't leave anything open. That'd be unfair to the fans...but if they are getting something, I would hope we'd finally get some form of the Patakis...but...I would want it to take place in the time that it should...not now. So like in 2004 or 2005 or whatever. Maybe that's what Craig is aiming for?

Anyway, back to the movie...I don't mind if Helga gets over her obsession of Arnold, but still be in love with him and remove him from the pedestal she does seem to have him on. I kinda wish they'd tone down on her obsession a bit to realize that there's more to her than just her love for Arnold....you know, that she has self worth. The whole thing with her having video footage of Arnold around town is the only thing that does bother me about this film so far...but it was used as a way to get them to San Lorenzo so I'm willing to overlook it despite its implausibility (like I said, a few of those shots would've been impossible for her to have gotten). That aside, it would totally bother and pain me if Arnold didn't return her feelings in some way when the show itself hinted that they'll end up together at some point.

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #104
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I read in an a recent interview that they said if things are good with the film they'll give us a sixth season and I honestly I'd be ok with that. They do have some loose ends to tie up but I hope they don't leave Helga X Arnold on a cliff hanger, I hated that idea with Kim and Ron from Kim Possible thankful that got a fourth season but it'd be like Jake X Rose from American Jake Long if it happens that way, man was that a rushed conclusion for that pairing and I was confused still how Rose got her memories back of her and Jake
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:41 AM   #105
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Third trailer

Less darker than the last two trailers (and I think the Jungle group shot comes after Arnold reconciles with everyone who was angry at him)
Old 11-09-2017, 07:03 AM   #106
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Looking great!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #107
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Must avoid new trailer, wait almost over.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #108
ssjup81
Foot Elite

There have been leaked clips or something online recently. I only know of one, though involving Helga...
Spoiler:
she kisses Brainy
...but this isn't plot related or anything, and it's not the first time this has happened. This will be the second time.
Spoiler:
Brainy just doesn't faint this time.

That aside, I cannot wait! Four more days! I'm just crossing my fingers that I can get the opportunity to watch it since I can't use any of Nick's apps or sites since I'm outside of the US. I'm hoping it gets leaked online a lot.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #109
ZariusTwo
Overlord

[QUOTE=ssjup81;1730160]There have been leaked clips or something online recently. I only know of one, though involving Helga...
Spoiler:
she kisses Brainy
...but this isn't plot related or anything [/spoiler]
QUOTE]

Interesting that it's just a bit of comedy...given what we know of Arnold possibly rejecting her it does make a lot of sense to turn there
Old 11-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #110
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Quote:
There have been leaked clips or something online recently. I only know of one, though involving Helga...
Spoiler:
she kisses Brainy
...but this isn't plot related or anything [/spoiler]
Interesting that it's just a bit of comedy...given what we know of Arnold possibly rejecting her it does make a lot of sense to turn there
Actually, it seemed like it was done out of gratitude and thanks (I saw the short clip). It's like the other time she did it in the show.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #111
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

don't watch Nick proper, just the occasional Full House on Nick-at-Nite. What is the time Hey Arnold 2: The Jungle Movie is airing? 8pm Friday?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #112
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
don't watch Nick proper, just the occasional Full House on Nick-at-Nite. What is the time Hey Arnold 2: The Jungle Movie is airing? 8pm Friday?
7:00 pm, EST, November 24.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #113
ZariusTwo
Overlord

New interview with Bartlett, Francesca Marie Smith and Andi McAfee.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/hey-a...nd-what-s-next
Old 11-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #114
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
7:00 pm, EST, November 24.
7 instead of 8. Thanks! I will set a recording on the DVR, but I want this on DVD. Its a definite, but the question is has there been an announcement of it yet?
Old 11-23-2017, 02:24 AM   #115
ssjup81
Foot Elite

There seems to be quite a bit of stuff regarding them getting a season 6...like officially.
Hope they aren't jumping the gun with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
7 instead of 8. Thanks! I will set a recording on the DVR, but I want this on DVD. Its a definite, but the question is has there been an announcement of it yet?
I would assume it would get one. It'd be odd if it didn't.

Last edited by ssjup81; 11-23-2017 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #116
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I am so tempted to post one of Cubed's favorite memes, but it's premature to say it's happening. I am looking forward to where this is going!

Wonder what will happen with Lila.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #117
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The A.V Club's review of The Jungle Movie

https://www.avclub.com/even-in-the-w...are-1820597210

Quote:
There seems to be quite a bit of stuff regarding them getting a season 6...like officially.
Got a Source for the gossip?

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 11-23-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #118
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I waited 15 LONG YEARS to get the answers to some unresolved questions and...

Spoiler:
IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT! Arnold's last name is Shortman. His parents were found and he reunited with them! Plus, they came back home! He finally realized how Helga felt about him and they shared a kiss! I loved how important Helga's locket was in the climax. Thank you Nickelodeon and Craig Bartlett! I can die a happy man!
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:44 AM   #119
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just finished it. It was emotional, dark, hopeful and very satisfactory

Spoiler:
Loved Helga playing "hard to get" at the end, she clearly had a dreamy expression, and Arnold is so understanding of her tough front
Old 11-26-2017, 06:29 AM   #120
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Loved every second of it. Fingers crossed they do another season.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hey cuck!