The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
mrjafunk
Thug

Help with finding TMNT Image Vol 3?!?!?

Hello fellow TMNT fans, new to the forum and can say wow, very nice! I am trying to grow my comic collection and currently have the first 14 issues of the Image era of TMNT. For the life of me, I can not find issues 15-23!!!! Can anyone please, please, please help me find these issues to purchase? Any help for any of these said issues would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help in my search.
mrjafunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Have you tried eBay? One of the comic book stores near me might have some of them.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
mrjafunk
Thug

ebay has limited vol 3 issues, thanks for the advice though
Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Venom
Space Knight

Ebay is probably one of the best sources in this day and age.

You can try any of the major online comic retailers like Mile High or MyComicShop and eventually find them. MCS allows you to create a want list so you'll get an email whenever a book you've selected is available for purchase.

Eariler this year I lucked up on a copy of the Image TPB for 10 bucks!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Can't find them either, IDW will rerelase them in a sweet packagae though I bet. I will buy those.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Can't find them either, IDW will rerelase them in a sweet packagae though I bet. I will buy those.
Yeah but it will probably be colorized. I know that its just conjecture at this point, but the only way I would be interested in an IDW rerelease of the Image books is if it was in the original Black and White.

In response to the original question, I had long considered finding Volume 3 a lost cause. The internet doesn't seem to have many of the issues available. I just started looking for it in various comic book stores and eventually I was able to find a full set (minus issue one and issue ten had to go to eBay for those) for $2 an issue. I'm not sure where you are located mrjafunk, but I would recommend contacting local comic shops. A lot of the ones in my area have been building their number of Turtle books in anticipation of the new series and the IDW book. Good chance that's happening everywhere
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
mrjafunk
Thug

Thanks FoxZerro, I do have a comic shop in my area, a smaller one which is DC/Marvel happy and only carries random issues of the Archie series which isn't my favorite. Thanks though and man are you luck and me jealous that you founs all of Volume 3 in comic shops!!! WOW.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

I was browsing Amazon recently and had very good luck.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Internet is definitely the best resource. Utilize the online shops and eBay. Even if you can't find what you need at the moment, the key is to keep checking persistently til you find it. It will turn up eventually. That's what I did for several months and I came across the whole Image series for about $100. That's about $4.34 per issue, which is a bit above cover price, but a heck of a lot cheaper than if I bought each individual issue separately, especially with each shipping cost which will add up quickly! Just keep looking is all I can say.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
Yeah but it will probably be colorized. I know that its just conjecture at this point, but the only way I would be interested in an IDW rerelease of the Image books is if it was in the original Black and White.

In response to the original question, I had long considered finding Volume 3 a lost cause. The internet doesn't seem to have many of the issues available. I just started looking for it in various comic book stores and eventually I was able to find a full set (minus issue one and issue ten had to go to eBay for those) for $2 an issue. I'm not sure where you are located mrjafunk, but I would recommend contacting local comic shops. A lot of the ones in my area have been building their number of Turtle books in anticipation of the new series and the IDW book. Good chance that's happening everywhere
I doubt it. The ultimate collections are doing great, they probably colorized the classics books because frankly those issues are mostly meh and thought they had to spice it up. I think idw will release them black and white, they look amazing in their native form.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjafunk View Post
Thanks FoxZerro, I do have a comic shop in my area, a smaller one which is DC/Marvel happy and only carries random issues of the Archie series which isn't my favorite. Thanks though and man are you luck and me jealous that you founs all of Volume 3 in comic shops!!! WOW.
It was a lot of diligence on my part, even though I had said out loud "I'll never find Vol. 3" I always kept looking in spite of myself. Temper that perserverance with the advice of others in the thread and one day you'll succeed.

Oh and don't be too jealous, I came to this forum party too late to grab Andrew's two conclusion issues for Image so I still feel incomplete. Plus you have issue ten which was a personal battle for me to obtain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
I doubt it. The ultimate collections are doing great, they probably colorized the classics books because frankly those issues are mostly meh and thought they had to spice it up. I think idw will release them black and white, they look amazing in their native form.
This is why I'm nervous that they will color them. The original art is so rich and beautiful. Plus it seems like the Ultimate Collection Five is going to be the stoppage point of those books, since they have said they only wanted to do Eastman and Laird books in that format. When I hear that and see the thriving releases of the remaining books in color, I get nervous that the mentality that the modern reader won't buy in black and white will color the argument.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags