The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #221
kizer17
Thug

well hopefully I actually get a preorder this time. I missed out by a centimeter on the last run and now I'm stuck with people wanting $200 plus just for bunny B+R so lame.
kizer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #222
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer17 View Post
well hopefully I actually get a preorder this time. I missed out by a centimeter on the last run and now I'm stuck with people wanting $200 plus just for bunny B+R so lame.
I had a similar issue. I was waiting for additional funds for my credit card to replenish and missed the window by a day. NECA gave an extra chance to order Spirit Splinter, I hope they do the same for bunny B+R.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:09 AM   #223
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Guys, how do I order for the next wave of TMNT loot crate?
Their site is so confusing..... which crate do I buy?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:13 AM   #224
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Guys, how do I order for the next wave of TMNT loot crate?
Their site is so confusing..... which crate do I buy?
I don't think they're available to order until the 23rd.
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:15 AM   #225
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I had a similar issue. I was waiting for additional funds for my credit card to replenish and missed the window by a day. NECA gave an extra chance to order Spirit Splinter, I hope they do the same for bunny B+R.
Have you actually seen a Spirit Splinter in person? I missed out on his initial release as well but think he looks pretty awesome. I do have the Shredder and Splinter movie 2 pack though.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:09 AM   #226
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
Have you actually seen a Spirit Splinter in person? I missed out on his initial release as well but think he looks pretty awesome. I do have the Shredder and Splinter movie 2 pack though.
Yes, I have it. I would give it a "mixed" review. It doesn't have that awesome translucent frosted bluish sculpt as depicted in the promos. It's weirdly blended (between the movie brown splinter and then transitions into a blue). The robe looks tacky and something suited for a disco dance. However, I haven't unboxed it. Having said this, the figure is said to look remarkably cool (no pun intended) with the lights flicked off and the blue fire accessory illuminates well.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:33 AM   #227
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Yes, I have it. I would give it a "mixed" review. It doesn't have that awesome translucent frosted bluish sculpt as depicted in the promos. It's weirdly blended (between the movie brown splinter and then transitions into a blue). The robe looks tacky and something suited for a disco dance. However, I haven't unboxed it. Having said this, the figure is said to look remarkably cool (no pun intended) with the lights flicked off and the blue fire accessory illuminates well.
I agree. I sold mine pretty immediately. It's a cool gimmick figure but that's not something I really need.

I'm looking forward to hearing what is in the next series, though I'm guessing we'll likely just be told what the first figure is and then just the category for the second and third. I hope there's a bonus figure again for getting the whole set.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:39 PM   #228
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I agree. I sold mine pretty immediately. It's a cool gimmick figure but that's not something I really need.

I'm looking forward to hearing what is in the next series, though I'm guessing we'll likely just be told what the first figure is and then just the category for the second and third. I hope there's a bonus figure again for getting the whole set.
I assume it will be the same for series 2. We can sub to a single crate, month to month, or all at once w a bonus figure.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #229
AquaParade
Banned

I can't imagine what Mirage figure they'll do. Hopefully not another repaint.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:00 AM   #230
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I can't imagine what Mirage figure they'll do. Hopefully not another repaint.
I’ve honestly been believing that it s going to be either the yellow or green April repaint.
I do wish it would be a black & White Shredder, but I highly doubt it.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #231
AquaParade
Banned

An April repaint sounds so lame, but I can imagine that happening.

Ideally, I'd like a Kevin Eastman TMNT sculpt, or something of the like, but realistically I can imagine them possibly putting in enough effort to do a simple Utrom-robot body sculpt.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #232
j3h
Hench Mutant

NECA pretty much officially teased their release in some capacity in the future

j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:10 PM   #233
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

It wouldn’t take much to reuse an old figure but give us something new in the mirage line like an unmasked shredder or battle damaged shredder.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:25 PM   #234
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

I am guessing Green April as a LC exclusive and Yellow April as a retail release since the yellow suit will have more mainstream appeal.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:00 AM   #235
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I hope if April is the mirage figure she comes with the mousers.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:01 PM   #236
Otter
Stone Warrior

I would SO prefer something new for the return of Mirage figures; Splinter or Casey would be a good place to start. I have April in blue, and didn't really get the appeal of the green and the yellow (I mean I get it, but as a Mirage fan found the cartoon disappointing... why do I want to be reminded of that in a Mirage figure?) back in the day either.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:36 PM   #237
mikey0
Foot Elite

I would very much like to see a Mirage Splinter and Casey Jones by NECA (especially Splinter).
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:02 PM   #238
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I would SO prefer something new for the return of Mirage figures; Splinter or Casey would be a good place to start. I have April in blue, and didn't really get the appeal of the green and the yellow (I mean I get it, but as a Mirage fan found the cartoon disappointing... why do I want to be reminded of that in a Mirage figure?) back in the day either.
the idea for yellow april back in the day was that at retail normal people would recognize her that way more.
Old 02-22-2021, 04:06 PM   #239
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

So I'm guessing the people who ordered all the crates last time aren't getting the spirit of splinter?!!

very disappointing if so!

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #240
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Guys, order your lootcrate NOW !!!

Box1 = Some human (Movie)
Box2 = Armaggon (Arcade)
Box3 = Claw Shredder (Mirage)
Box4 = Batman Donatello? (Cartoon)
Bonus Figure = Bebop's friend (Cartoon)

Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote