The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-03-2021, 04:50 AM   #621
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This more or less seems confirmation that at the very least, the OG GBs will get suited up in the movie at some point:

https://collider.com/ghostbusters-af...-toys-figures/
That was a given from the very beginning. Did anyone seriously think they wouldn’t? There was never any doubt in my mind they would fight again.

It would have been the strangest thing to leave out with how long it took to get part 3, the director is Jason Reitman and in-story...they return to help out but never actually use the equipment?

It’d be cool if they brought their own equipment. Like they all kept their proton packs/trap for emergency. I assume the kids use the ones they find.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #622
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
That was a given from the very beginning. Did anyone seriously think they wouldn’t? There was never any doubt in my mind they would fight again.
Yeah, some people in this very thread.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #623
CyberCubed
Overlord

I honestly forgot the 2016 Ghostbuster movie ever happened until about a day or two ago. For all the people who spent years complaining about it, it honestly feels like it never happened. Goes to show you people make a big deal out of things that are honestly forgotten in time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:38 PM   #624
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I honestly forgot the 2016 Ghostbuster movie ever happened until about a day or two ago. For all the people who spent years complaining about it, it honestly feels like it never happened. Goes to show you people make a big deal out of things that are honestly forgotten in time.
It was just a very boring film. Nothing about it was funny or exciting. Hardly any good action scenes too. Everyone was just unlikeable and insufferable to the highest degree. Some are good actors but they were all given hideously awful scripts.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #625
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the problem was also that two of the women were fat, so it was a turn off. If you're going to make an all-female Ghostbuster team, at least make them all hot. That way even if the plot is poor, at least we have some good eye candy to look at through the film.

Instead we got two fat chicks in the film and it made the movie even more of a chore to sit through. Nobody goes to see a movie to watch fat chicks.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:56 AM   #626
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I think that 2016 would've been better if they hadn't made all four of them women for the sake of making them all women. What's their personality? Woman! They didn't write them as characters. They were just women. Still should've been a pass the torch story. That blonde, as I mentioned, definitely could've been Igon and Janine's kid! Oh other thing 2016 could've done to make it better...better writing and not trying to force the humor.

Well, I will say this. The 2016 film made me appreciate the 1984 film even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
The worst part about this that aged poorly? All the comic book stuff.
I remember that show! I don't remember much about it, but I remember it existed and was just as cheesy as Power Rangers. I think I watched a couple of eps and think my younger cousins watched it. They were already PR fans. They also used to watch that other sentai show that had Mathew Lawrence on it, I think. Forgot the name of that one.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:14 AM   #627
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I think that 2016 would've been better if they hadn't made all four of them women for the sake of making them all women. What's their personality? Woman! They didn't write them as characters. They were just women. Still should've been a pass the torch story. That blonde, as I mentioned, definitely could've been Igon and Janine's kid! Oh other thing 2016 could've done to make it better...better writing and not trying to force the humor.
The blonde one was the best one. I wouldn't have minded in an alternate universe having her still be a Ghostbuster along side other better actors (not all of them female though). Also the movie had gross humor too which felt out of place. I would say as close as the OG ever got was when they first saw the place covered in slime and Peter asked 'alright, who sneezed?' but that was it. There were no fart jokes and junk like that. Plus, they tried to make it some sort of reverse Ghostbusters, 4 females with a male secretary, well based on how they made Thor act, you would think Janine was an airheaded ditz in the original movie. It was just all sorts of wrong.

The only thing that brings a smile to my face is that every time more news or trailers come out regarding the new movie, one of them usually bitches about being angry that their movie doesn't count. Oh please, as if you didn't sign up for this shlock just for the paycheck. No one that actually respects the brand would have willingly signed up for that ****.

Could have done without the blonde one licking the ghost zapper thingie like it was a dick. Female empowerment but let's also act slutty. Keep that out of Ghostbusters. It's bad enough we had to deal with a close up of Androyd's junk, we don't need to see anything else.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 08-05-2021 at 06:19 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:37 AM   #628
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

This movie looks really good, I just wish it hadn't been delayed for so long. Sony needs to get the "Only in theaters, no streaming release" stick out of it's rear.

So, Egon and Jeanine did get together after all, eh? Makes sense. The real ghostbusters comic from the 80's revealed Janine had just had a fling with Louis to make Egon jealous, it makes sense that would be true in the movie universe, as well. The Egon/Janine relationship is a fan-favorite in the fandom, due to the cartoon. The only reason it wasn't pursued in GB2 was Ramis disliked the relationship. And now under current circumstances, they can kind of confirm it after the fact.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:44 AM   #629
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
This movie looks really good, I just wish it hadn't been delayed for so long. Sony needs to get the "Only in theaters, no streaming release" stick out of it's rear.

Naw, screw that. You'll never capture the full effect of watching this movie on your tv or laptop. Unless you have an actual home theater, the movies is the only way to go with this one.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:45 AM   #630
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean after theaters we all only have a choice of watching movies at home forever after that, so what's the difference?
Old 08-08-2021, 05:54 PM   #631
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I mean after theaters we all only have a choice of watching movies at home forever after that, so what's the difference?
You'd need a good home system to replicate the in-person experience. I hate watching movies at home and prefer to watch them in the theatre.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #632
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Watching it on the big screen is such an overrated experience and overall is both expensive and generally sucks. Back in the day when people had no TVs or ****** CRT TVs it made sense, it was indeed a better sounding and looking experience. But now many people have gigantic screens with great surround sound. Why are they going to waste over $20 per person for a theater experience that if you don't know the place perhaps it has old ****** equipment, you are also rolling the dice if you get people who can't stop looking at their phones during the movie, moving around, making noise or someone brought a baby. As an experience? sure but you don't need to do that more than once or twice a year and not for a hollywood film that is all fluff, you'll see some type of independent movie.

If it's your favorite movie franchise then yeah I can see value there but to watch the random new release of the week? Nah. 3D experiences are cool but with VR you don't need to go to the theater anymore since you can watch 3D movies there, same if you want the "big screen" experience from your house, hell if you want annoying people talking during the movie you can enter public rooms in VR and get that part of the experience too.

The few hollywood movies I did watch were in 4DX which was at least very fun with all the gimmicks of added effects to immerse you but just to sit on a 2D movie? This isn't the 1920's anymore. A century has passed. If you were stuck during the pandemic the last thing you want to do is go pay to be inside a dark room for 2 hours watching the latest hollywood rehash. People want to travel and go outside and enjoy nature now. It's the new roaring 20s.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #634
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

New release date is November 19th 2021 because Top Gun has been pushed to 2022

https://deadline.com/2021/09/ghostbu...ot-1234825680/
Old 10-09-2021, 03:02 AM   #636
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Watching it on the big screen is such an overrated experience and overall is both expensive and generally sucks. Back in the day when people had no TVs or ****** CRT TVs it made sense, it was indeed a better sounding and looking experience. But now many people have gigantic screens with great surround sound. Why are they going to waste over $20 per person for a theater experience that if you don't know the place perhaps it has old ****** equipment, you are also rolling the dice if you get people who can't stop looking at their phones during the movie, moving around, making noise or someone brought a baby. As an experience? sure but you don't need to do that more than once or twice a year and not for a hollywood film that is all fluff, you'll see some type of independent movie.

If it's your favorite movie franchise then yeah I can see value there but to watch the random new release of the week? Nah. 3D experiences are cool but with VR you don't need to go to the theater anymore since you can watch 3D movies there, same if you want the "big screen" experience from your house, hell if you want annoying people talking during the movie you can enter public rooms in VR and get that part of the experience too.

The few hollywood movies I did watch were in 4DX which was at least very fun with all the gimmicks of added effects to immerse you but just to sit on a 2D movie? This isn't the 1920's anymore. A century has passed. If you were stuck during the pandemic the last thing you want to do is go pay to be inside a dark room for 2 hours watching the latest hollywood rehash. People want to travel and go outside and enjoy nature now. It's the new roaring 20s.
This kind of tells all about your worldview. Seeing a movie in the theater isn't about the equipment or the technical this or that. I mean, it is certainly a component.

But to me and most... the theatrical experience is largely the communal experience. I've never had a better time watching a great or even dumb and funny movie as when I've watched it in a packed theater with people laughing and crying out at certain moments. If it is just me watching it at home alone on my big screen TV... there would be far less of an experience. It wouldn't even really be one.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 01:17 PM   #638
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

IGN
@IGN
·
11m
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a delightfully lovely movie that will satisfy those who grew up with Ramis, Hudson, Murray, and Aykroyd, and make youngsters fall just as in love with the new generation. Our review: https://bit.ly/3lracmj

They gave it a 9 and Amazing
Old 10-09-2021, 03:42 PM   #639
CyberCubed
Overlord

Still wary of all the little kid protagonists.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:56 PM   #640
sdp
Megan Fox = April

now that the movie is coming out, feel free to quote me to see if i was right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This kind of tells all about your worldview. Seeing a movie in the theater isn't about the equipment or the technical this or that. I mean, it is certainly a component.

But to me and most... the theatrical experience is largely the communal experience. I've never had a better time watching a great or even dumb and funny movie as when I've watched it in a packed theater with people laughing and crying out at certain moments. If it is just me watching it at home alone on my big screen TV... there would be far less of an experience. It wouldn't even really be one.
I think there are many different options for a better communal experience that are far better than a hollywood movie. Live music, plays, etc. Now, if you're going to the premier of a movie at midnight or the end of a most loved saga then yeah I'm sure that'll be a great experience in a movie theater. I'll be watching Jurassic Park 6 in theaters, it might not even be a great movie but I'll get a lot out of it but I can't think of many other movies that will get me to go to the theater.

Hollywood's output of movies really aren't worth that, it's forgettable crap that even if enjoyable it's something best watched through other means. Strap a gimmick like a 4DX experience to the movie and sure, that's something neat. Maybe that's why the first time I watched Batman v Superman was such a positive experience for me, it was something unique. Watch a reboot of a remake where I already saw most of the good bits in the trailer? I'll just wait until it's a choice in my next flight and watch it there.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote