The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What exactly do you have in mind here?
I don't want any such thing, it's a dumb idea no matter what shape it takes. 7 36.84%
I want it to be a children's show that continues the story from where the Red Sky seasons left off. 3 15.79%
I want it to be a children's show that continues the story from some point and keeps the same tone. 3 15.79%
I want it to be a children's show that continues the story from some point and changes tone. 4 21.05%
I want it to be a reboot for children with no changes. 2 10.53%
I want it to be a reboot for children with some changes. 3 15.79%
I want it to be an adult show that continues the story from where the Red Sky seasons left off. 6 31.58%
I want it to be an adult show that continues the story from some arbitrary point. 4 21.05%
I want it to be a reboot for adults with as few changes as possible. 4 21.05%
I want it to be a reboot for adults with many/clear changes. 3 15.79%
I want the tone to remain exactly the same. 4 21.05%
I want the tone to be darker. 4 21.05%
I primarily want the status quo again. 3 15.79%
I primarily want the same character designs. 8 42.11%
What I want don't reflect any of these options. 6 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2021, 12:08 PM   #21
PurpleMusic
Thug

I don't particularly care for a revival of the old cartoon as much as I just want something that actually looks and feels like turtles. I feel like I was influenced by the games, toy packaging, comics, etc. just as much as the show when forming my personal idea of who and what the turtles "were" and I think most people weren't just solely into the cartoon/followed every episode.

I mean all I've ever even seen of it was the dozen or so tapes I had growing up. I think it'd be great if they aged up the content to at least like general teen-leaning mirage levels as long as they kept the designs within the (honestly pretty wide) range of what we were getting in the 80s-90s from all the various sources. Everything Nickelodeon did was just hideous and too far out of what the turtles are generally understood to look like. I don't care for IDW either, the faces were always just too "off" and modern-comics-looking to me.

If they can recapture the ethereal "funk" that ran through the old designs and avoid pretty much all modern cartoon styles then they'd be golden. I'd say the only thing I've seen from the Viacom Era that would be acceptable to me design-wise was the 30 seconds or so of that one animated short that was more anime-style.

Last edited by PurpleMusic; 03-12-2021 at 12:20 PM.
PurpleMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMusic View Post
. I don't care for IDW either, the faces were always just too "off" and modern-comics-looking to me.
]
IDW TMNT has constant different artists throughout its run. I'm not sure what you're referring to here, there's no one single "look" for IDW TMNT.

There's been like 30+ different artists on IDW TMNT and they all draw the Turtles differently.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

The diferent artists having different ideas can actually be a problem for IDW. Up until the introduction of Mutant Town, that was my biggest criticism of the IDW series. They don't have to draw in the same style or anything but given that they don't seem to enforce certain details in the character design makes it a bit difficult to accept that you're seeing the same characters.

Does Rocksteady have tattoos or not? Is Sally a puma or an actual lion? Does Slash have spikes coming out of his skin or not? Does mondo have hair or are those just spines? It's hardly ideal that the artist can't agree on even the most basic design elements.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:00 PM   #24
PurpleMusic
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IDW TMNT has constant different artists throughout its run. I'm not sure what you're referring to here, there's no one single "look" for IDW TMNT.

There's been like 30+ different artists on IDW TMNT and they all draw the Turtles differently.
Whoever does this kind of stuff. It just looks wrong to me. And maybe it's just the mirage fan in me, but in general what I've seen of black-and-white IDW art always looks better, I can't stand the bland modern digital coloring jobs in comics.

https://mycomicrelief.files.wordpres...d-10.jpg?w=640
PurpleMusic is offline   Reply With Quote