The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-14-2023, 10:26 PM   #81
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I kinda feel a lot of these weirdos never had a good childhood full of whimsy and imagination. Nothing can be fun anymore. Nothing can be 'who cares if it doesn't make sense, just ****in go with it' anymore. Everything has to be overly explained and deconstructed, or somehow altered to somehow 'fit' and 'make sense' in a more realistic world. It's another reason anime rocks. Even when they take place in a 'realistic world', they're like 'the hell with that, imma make a guy with stretchy arms, or a dude that has chainsaws rip its way out of his head and arms cause I wanna'.

Pretty much why Scooby was removed from his own show. Even Mindy, woke nutjob that she is, couldn't figure out some logical way to make a talking dog work, without going the dark path that he doesn't talk but the Scooby gang are all insane or high and 'think' he can talk. Kinda like those Garfield comic strips where they edit out his thought balloons so Jon just looks crazy, acting as if Garfield is 'talking/thinking' when he's an ordinary cat in that take.
You're totally right on about anime, I love how everything is just accepted and pushed away in anime. He's a alien but he helps us, he has the spirit of killer demon inside him but he helps us, he ate a devil fruit but he helps us. As long as you help people in anime they don't care what personal **** you got going on lol
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:47 PM   #82
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Once again...CalArts is a blight on humanity.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 08:18 AM   #83
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
Dudes wearing fanny packs is like 5 years ago style wise, there was a resurgence lol
Since "nerd" is in style now, does fanny pack take away from being cool...or add to it?

Quote:
Once again...CalArts is a blight on humanity.
to be fair, there has been some really awesome CalArts stuff, story wise. Its just people who make shows in that style tend to start getting preachy like the moral busybodies they are which is eye-rollingly cringe. Now that certain ideas are supposed to be jackhammered forth, they don't need to have a story so the 'good' time of a CalArts show is smaller or non-existent.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 08:32 AM   #84
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
to be fair, there has been some really awesome CalArts stuff, story wise.
Yeah, like Gravity Falls. That was a true exception.

But geez, even Toucan Sam got bit by the CalArts bug. It’s an ugly form of art that I’m sick of seeing everywhere I go.
Old 01-15-2023, 08:40 AM   #85
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Yeah, like Gravity Falls. That was a true exception.

But geez, even Toucan Sam got bit by the CalArts bug. It’s an ugly form of art that I’m sick of seeing everywhere I go.
Yep. I liked Gravity Falls, Steven Universe (more or less) and even Star Vs the Forces of evil (till the last season and a half). Each of them were built on great stories and backgrounds...then ideology or incompetence stepped in to fk everything up.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 12:50 PM   #86
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I kinda feel a lot of these weirdos never had a good childhood full of whimsy and imagination. Nothing can be fun anymore. Nothing can be 'who cares if it doesn't make sense, just ****in go with it' anymore. Everything has to be overly explained and deconstructed, or somehow altered to somehow 'fit' and 'make sense' in a more realistic world. It's another reason anime rocks. Even when they take place in a 'realistic world', they're like 'the hell with that, imma make a guy with stretchy arms, or a dude that has chainsaws rip its way out of his head and arms cause I wanna'.
I feel the reason for this is that those people never had any serious problems in their lives. Imagination quite often is a form of escapism from ****** life. Some people can develop it and hone into a talent, but most need some form of stress to make them to create.

Since those people never had any problems and were coddled and pandered all the way through, not only they don't have imagination, but they have grown up into annoying self-important assholes, who think that they are always in the right. You know the type that's gonna preach to random people on the street how to live and what choices one need to do in their life.

And thus their "fiction" is like their lives - preachy on a surface and empty on the inside, because, they are themselves, have no substance, except for external posturing. They never "suffered" for their art, so to speak, never took stance on anything. The like sardines in a group - follow what is popular here and now, without thought of their own.

Last edited by Sumac; 01-25-2023 at 11:04 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 02:14 AM   #87
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Since "nerd" is in style now, does fanny pack take away from being cool...or add to it?

to be fair, there has been some really awesome CalArts stuff, story wise. Its just people who make shows in that style tend to start getting preachy like the moral busybodies they are which is eye-rollingly cringe. Now that certain ideas are supposed to be jackhammered forth, they don't need to have a story so the 'good' time of a CalArts show is smaller or non-existent.
Nerds are kinda always in style, but to answer your question I say add to it. You have to either have self confidence or complete indifference to the opinions of others to rock a fanny pack properly; either way boss move.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:11 PM   #88
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:18 PM   #89
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Good, now power bomb the bitch through a table!

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:35 PM   #90
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't know who made that image, but I do like them for that smile that I just made.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 04:42 PM   #91
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Dungey’s team is working on a second season of Scooby-Doo spinoff Velma, an adult animated comedy that comes from Kaling and Charlie Grandy that was the streamer’s most-watched animated series debut ever,

https://deadline.com/2023/02/channin...ks-1235256372/
Old 02-14-2023, 09:15 AM   #92
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Folks who hate watch stuff like this just end up giving the corporate types reason enough to greenlight more of it.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 09:50 AM   #93
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Folks who hate watch stuff like this just end up giving the corporate types reason enough to greenlight more of it.

People who watch this show are either masochists or critics who have no choice but to endure the torture if they wanna get paid.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:55 AM   #94
ZariusTwo
Overlord

HBO Max in the meantime cancel another Scooby-Doo cartoon for kids that was due out in 2024

https://thegamespoof.com/entertainme...es-scooby-doo/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:27 AM   #95
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Biden just awarded Mindy Kaling the National Medal of Arts.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/20/11648...en-arts-medals

Okay…is he trying to get everyone to vote for Trump instead?

Old 03-22-2023, 12:12 PM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

They're just trying to hard to make this show look like this amazing thing. You just know they did this so it can be mentioned a few years down the line as some sort of proof it was an amazing show and only a very small group of those gosh darned MAGA racists that hated the show for some unknown reason.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:14 PM   #97
AquaParade
Banned

Biden admin is radical left and dead set on pushing their agenda. Look at the people he's appointed, from the luggage-thief to the racist "head of diversity", Kelisa Wing.

I don't even identify as Republican at all but this admin is insane imo.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:21 PM   #98
ChosenOne
Banned

I'd never seen Kaling before but she looks exactly like the sort of person who'd come up with such a show. I won't elaborate, if you know, you know.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:48 PM   #99
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
luggage-thief
Who is also a transfreak.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 10:47 PM   #100
Allio
Foot Elite