The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 05-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #1521
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

My LCS got The Green Lantern#3 in over the weekend. Sharp's art is different than the normal, but the art here makes you think its a different person. I had to check the credits. Looks like COIE character Lardy Quark is taking a dark turn.

Can someone remind me what General Stone's role is? I think he was in two storylines between GL: Rebirth and Blackest Night and that is it.

Powerlord, is this a forgotten villain of yesteryear like how Starbreaker or his daughter rather was in the previous storyline? Hyperboy and Princess Illustra? Is this Sunboy adn Princess Projectra of the Legion of Superheroes? Grant has a way of pulling out the obscure even stuff that alludes me.

Was it ever addressed why it is referred to as Season One and Season 2 and the Blackstars mini is not a part of the same title? It would be easier to just have it be The Green Lantern#18. Silly numbering.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:14 AM   #1522
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Looking at solicits is Detective Comics back to being a bi-weekly? The plan after January was to drop it back to a monthly.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:08 AM   #1523
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So the brains behind the Suicide Squad this time is...Ted Kord, looking like they Maxwell Lorded 'em
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:38 AM   #1524
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So the brains behind the Suicide Squad this time is...Ted Kord, looking like they Maxwell Lorded 'em
In the comics? I thought he finally returned to his costume in Heroes In Crisis to help clear Booster Gold's name.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #1525
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
In the comics? I thought he finally returned to his costume in Heroes In Crisis to help clear Booster Gold's name.
Last I checked, he did, but no, now he's torturing the Squad.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:21 AM   #1526
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Last I checked, he did, but no, now he's torturing the Squad.
My younger brother is a big Blue and Gold fan. So New 52 revived him as a mentor to the Reyes character and he was alive, but not in costume again until Heroes in Crisis and this is his next appearance afterward? So after Countdown only the two or three HiC in costume?
Old 05-29-2020, 10:09 AM   #1527
ZariusTwo
Overlord

DC are finally promoting BB and Rae's romance in comics again with a new YA OGN

https://www.newsarama.com/50368-beas...ia-picolo.html
Old 05-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #1528
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
DC are finally promoting BB and Rae's romance in comics again with a new YA OGN

https://www.newsarama.com/50368-beas...ia-picolo.html
I only follow select characters so if they are involved in highlights related to Dick Grayson I know about it, but since when were these two a couple? Wally crushed on her before moving on with the future Magenta, but Changeling only had eyes for Terra not knowing she was corrupt. I don't recall any other specific romantic interest. So there is room for it getting past me, its just their pairing seems out there.

DO we have a full list of solicits now that Diamond starts up next week? Curious as to when Justice League, Batgirl, Detective Comics, and The Green Lantern are being released. So far just The Green Lantern has been released.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:53 AM   #1529
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I only follow select characters so if they are involved in highlights related to Dick Grayson I know about it, but since when were these two a couple? Wally crushed on her before moving on with the future Magenta, but Changeling only had eyes for Terra not knowing she was corrupt. I don't recall any other specific romantic interest. So there is room for it getting past me, its just their pairing seems out there.
BB and Raven have been romantically linked since 2005 when Geoff Johns was writing Titans. It's origins actually date back to the Teen Titans animated series in the 2000s when the creative team wrote the pair of them in such an 'opposites' manner that they unknowingly convinced fans they had phenomenal chemistry together.

Terra was in the cartoon too, and was Gar's official love interest in the show, he and Raven never got together in the series, they had the occasional hug and moments of closeness, but Raven always kept her distance. Nevertheless, the fan reaction was so big DC couldn't ignore it, and Johns apparently liked it so much he made it canon

From late 2005 through to 2011 they would be on and off again depending on who was handling the book, but the most telling moment for the fans was that DC allowed them to become the endgame pairing just prior to Flahspoint, ending the post-Crisis era as a couple.

They haven't been together since then, just very close friends, but the animated series Teen Titans Go took up the baton and kept promoting the two as an on/off couple. Terra is also in the show as the occasional interest for Garfield too, but she's only a recurring character, and he and Raven are the prevalent pairing in that show.

I think the live-action Titans show may have teased the two as having a relationship also, but I don't watch that. It makes sense given Johns is showrunner of that though, since he made the two a legit pairing in the comics.

This OGN marks the first time DC have explored the pair as a couple in a comic since 2011, so it's been a long wait.

Quote:
DO we have a full list of solicits now that Diamond starts up next week? Curious as to when Justice League, Batgirl, Detective Comics, and The Green Lantern are being released. So far just The Green Lantern has been released.
We do have a set of August solicitations, most of it are just re-solicited from the previous month though, so nothing really 'new', that'll all be in September solicits I imagine.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-29-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #1530
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
BB and Raven have been romantically linked since 2005 when Geoff Johns was writing Titans. It's origins actually date back to the Teen Titans animated series in the 2000s when the creative team wrote the pair of them in such an 'opposites' manner that they unknowingly convinced fans they had phenomenal chemistry together.

Terra was in the cartoon too, and was Gar's official love interest in the show, he and Raven never got together in the series, they had the occasional hug and moments of closeness, but Raven always kept her distance. Nevertheless, the fan reaction was so big DC couldn't ignore it, and Johns apparently liked it so much he made it canon

From late 2005 through to 2011 they would be on and off again depending on who was handling the book, but the most telling moment for the fans was that DC allowed them to become the endgame pairing just prior to Flahspoint, ending the post-Crisis era as a couple.

They haven't been together since then, just very close friends, but the animated series Teen Titans Go took up the baton and kept promoting the two as an on/off couple. Terra is also in the show as the occasional interest for Garfield too, but she's only a recurring character, and he and Raven are the prevalent pairing in that show.

I think the live-action Titans show may have teased the two as having a relationship also, but I don't watch that. It makes sense given Johns is showrunner of that though, since he made the two a legit pairing in the comics.

This OGN marks the first time DC have explored the pair as a couple in a comic since 2011, so it's been a long wait.

We do have a set of August solicitations, most of it are just re-solicited from the previous month though, so nothing really 'new', that'll all be in September solicits I imagine.
It is something I overlooked since it did not involve Dick Grayson in most of those plots. Reminds me of the 'where did that pairing come from?' with Shaggy and Velma. Just because the other two are a pair? I never thought of the two as having chemistry however most of what I read of the characters comes from the first 55 issues of New Teen Titans and I hate the Robin/Starfire pairing and something could have developed later.

Link June solicits for DC if you could. I believe Justice League's first issue since the pandemic is this week and Detective Comics comes out next week.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:12 AM   #1531
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Link June solicits for DC if you could.
Here's the revised schedule

https://www.newsarama.com/50099-dc-s...ries-more.html
Old 06-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #1532
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Detective Comics#1006/#1007 with Spectre is this after Justice League#45-#47?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:49 PM   #1533
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Any bothering of an explanation for how he found the cure for his brains getting splattered about?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #1534
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Any bothering of an explanation for how he found the cure for his brains getting splattered about?
Flashpoints/Manhattan/Supermen merging, take your pick. Although if you ask Ted, he doesn't believe in any of that if you read today's Action Comics.

Meanwhile, that Birds of Prey one-shot from Black Label doesn't even bother with an actual ending...situation is completely unresolved and the final few pages are this bizarre relationship drama between Harley and Joker.

Catwoman's 80th...Helena Wayne is born, and Selina falls in love with being a mother to her. We flash forward to when Helena's a grown woman and Selina is now widowed (follow-up to Batman Annual#2) where mother and daughter share a moment. No idea if this is still meant to be canonical or not.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:10 AM   #1535
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So Bendis appeared on a podcast basically indicating he's coming to the end of his run on Superman, and the podcast was pulled because he was 'too upbeat' and it didn't fit the mood of the country.

https://twitter.com/TheInspecter/sta...33434132619264
Old 06-09-2020, 10:00 AM   #1536
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Latest rumours of yet another re imagining for Batman and Superman as part of a digital first launch that is as big in scope as 5G was supposed to be. Warren Ellis, Matt Fraction and Eisner-nominated Marvel writer Chip Zdarsky are among the names involved.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rumo...ng-initiative/
Old 06-09-2020, 11:22 AM   #1538
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Heh.

Also, Mile High Comics codeword for the week is DCSUCKS! I guess Chuck is a Marvelite!

As the Two Face arc seems to be cut off at thres parts on Detective Comics Joker hijacks the title. He is in the Batman title, and in Nightwing as shown above. Instead of endless ultimate Joker stories I hope that he gets a rest.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 06-09-2020 at 11:59 AM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:32 AM   #1539
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The solicits for Joker War and an interview with Tynion does seem to indicate Bruce and Selina are splitting up, which is annoying given how much they went through to be together again in City of Bane, Selina even told Bruce at the end of King's run they didn't need to make a marriage official, as far as she was concerned they already were in their hearts and heads.

I can only assume the split is temporary until Bat/Cat is ready to go by December.

Oh, and Dick will be back in September officially

https://www.gamesradar.com/nightwing...the-joker-war/
Old 06-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #1540
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I would assume that The Designer's intended scheme happened when Dick Grayson was Robin and this whole memory crystal crap will have him follow Joker to Gotham to the last battle of the story so it makes sense. Hopefully it is just The Dynamic Duo. I miss that and would buy if that is the case.

So The Designer's identity reveal is being overshadowed by Joker War. Too many know Bruce Wayne is Batman already. What if it is Alfred pulling an Outsider? Nah.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman