The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 07-06-2021, 07:05 PM   #2041
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So I have every single Hal Jordan Green Lantern comic title issue since Green Lantern:Rebirth #1 from the Fall of 2004. After Morrision's The Green Lantern Season 2#12, Hal seems to be without a title. I know some guy who hates Hal Jordan is writing a green lantern title at the moment, but where is Hal Jordan supposed to be? Is he title-less for the time being?
Old 07-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #2042
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Green Lantern is radioactive now. Just a platform for activists now.

And I own every GL since the 60s (until maybe 4 years ago) and much of the 40s even. I'll probably just start selling it off if DC never gets back to writing real stories again.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #2043
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Green Lantern is radioactive now. Just a platform for activists now.

And I own every GL since the 60s (until maybe 4 years ago) and much of the 40s even. I'll probably just start selling it off if DC never gets back to writing real stories again.
So you are saying its like IDW's ongoing? I also dropped Detective Comics because of the self-insert liberal activist Tamaki took it over from Tomasi without warning. I am voting with my wallet by trading Detective Comics for Nightwing. I by no means have a number of complete sets like I do GL: Rebirth#1-6, GL(2005) #1-69, GL (2011)#0-52, Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #1-50, The Green Lantern Season One, Season Two and Blackstars #1-3 that bridged it. It just stopped after Season 2#12. John Stewart is apparently the lead character and these other green lanterns that I honestly don't recognize. I guess I don't have a title to collect? I thought that Infinite Frontier one-shot set up Hal to look for lost members of the GL Corps, but it seems to be a forgotten plot already.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:47 PM   #2044
Coola Yagami
Overlord

How are Batman comics lately? Did they continue on with the thing of him working alongside Death-Bringer/Life-Bringer/whatever his name was? Is Signal still in the picture? What's been going on with Damien, like does he still live at the Manor or what's going on? Is Alfred still dead?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:13 PM   #2045
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Alfred is still dead. Dick inherited Alferd's Wayne Enterprises billions in stock options with Barbara helping him get back on his feet in Bludhaven where a revived Blockbuster II set up Zucco's daughter as his puppet mayor who turns out to be Dick's unknown paternal half-sister. I love the Dick/Barbara interaction and she is pulling duties as Oracle again and serving as Batgirl Prime as another Anti-Oracle emerges. Dick also took in a stray dog he named Haley. She has 3 legs. So Nightwing is night and day better than whatever the Nightwing team was and the memory loss with that Bea woman. So far trading Detective Comics once Tomaswas cut off for Taylor's run on Nightwing has been a solid move.

The endless events though looks to be interfering already with Fear State coming up, Scarecrow is puppeting the city government into replacing the Bat family with an army of Robocops, like in New York's Shinniest.

Like I said, I dropped Detective Comics but always keep up with Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon. I wish Hal Jordan would return for a title.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 07-07-2021 at 09:23 AM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #2046
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

On a positive and somewhat related note, I am supposed to pick up a copy of Detective Comics#359 CGC 6.0 this afternoon. My Detective Comics run starts at #389,but this is an opportunity to get my favorite female character's first appearance. I got a stipend through work so half of it goes into this.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #2047
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
On a positive and somewhat related note, I am supposed to pick up a copy of Detective Comics#359 CGC 6.0 this afternoon. My Detective Comics run starts at #389,but this is an opportunity to get my favorite female character's first appearance. I got a stipend through work so half of it goes into this.
Big thumb's up! That's a book I've had my eye on for years and never got around to... I hope it goes smoothly for you and congrats!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:34 AM   #2048
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
How are Batman comics lately? Did they continue on with the thing of him working alongside Death-Bringer/Life-Bringer/whatever his name was? Is Signal still in the picture? What's been going on with Damien, like does he still live at the Manor or what's going on? Is Alfred still dead?
Damien fell out with Bruce hardcore over the way he manipulated his team of Teen Titans, he slugged his dad and quit as Robin, and then returned to his mother, and from there he journeyed off to an island of young assassins to compete in a death fighter tournament. He's currently being aided by his grandfather.

Quote:
I love the Dick/Barbara interaction and she is pulling duties as Oracle again and serving as Batgirl Prime as another Anti-Oracle emerge
Yep, while over in Titan Academy Dick is dividing time between Bludhaven and duties to the Titans and Starfire, who he's dating again, but it's obvious to everyone reading the book and the characters themselves that the relationship is doomed to fail due to how much more chemistry and ease Dick has and feels with Babs over in Nightwing, and Kori constantly feels like she's in second place despite being first choice at the moment. Dick and Babs are also the endgame of the Future State timeline the books are heading towards, so noone's mad at the return of the triangle as we know Babs wins it
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #2049
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yep, while over in Titan Academy Dick is dividing time between Bludhaven and duties to the Titans and Starfire, who he's dating again, but it's obvious to everyone reading the book and the characters themselves that the relationship is doomed to fail due to how much more chemistry and ease Dick has and feels with Babs over in Nightwing, and Kori constantly feels like she's in second place despite being first choice at the moment. Dick and Babs are also the endgame of the Future State timeline the books are heading towards, so noone's mad at the return of the triangle as we know Babs wins it
Is this an example of a lack of editor collaboration or "hey, its the omniverse write what you want and continuity does not matter'? I admit I am not deep into DC like I used to be, but I would say Nightwing has the current favorite direction between the two.

I am confused about something, what exactly is The Unsanity Collective? Its not associated with the Saint guy and his army of Robocops but against it?

Is it just me or are too many new characters popping up and Batman allowing too many gray area characters to walk the line alongside him?
Old 07-07-2021, 08:48 PM   #2050
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
How much money are you spending on this comic?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:18 AM   #2051
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How much money are you spending on this comic?
$1,700. My LCS on occasion gets CGC comics and offers them to customers who have a box. The stipend came at the perfect time.The highest I paid before this was $400 for an unscathed mid-grade copy of Batman#121,Mr. Freeze's original one-off as Mr. Zero.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #2052
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Long Halloween is getting a follow-up, and Jeph Loeb is returning to DC

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...7bb_31O0FEG1dE
Old 07-08-2021, 03:00 PM   #2053
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Long Halloween is getting a follow-up, and Jeph Loeb is returning to DC

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...7bb_31O0FEG1dE
WHAT,REALLY? I have been wanting another Jeph Loeb Batman story since 2003's Hush. At first glance I thought it was a full on mini-series. A special is still awesome though.

So will this likely follow Dark Victory(which is just as good and not mentioned) or happen between them? Maybe this will open the door for Loeb to do more.

Maybe DC actually did something right for once!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 07-08-2021 at 03:09 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #2054
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman was all for truth, justice, the american way
Jon Kent is all for truth, justice, a better world

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...-american-way/
Old 07-13-2021, 05:38 AM   #2055
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Infinite Frontier#2

Captain Atom is back, but he's an alternate reality double who nukes the military base he's stationed on

Thomas Wayne's 'Flashpoint' Batman is the same one that took over Gotham at the close of Tom King's run, but he regrets all of that now and blames his crimes on a temporary mental breakdown brought on by losing his home reality
Old 07-13-2021, 05:47 AM   #2056
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Infinite Frontier#2

Captain Atom is back, but he's an alternate reality double who nukes the military base he's stationed on

Thomas Wayne's 'Flashpoint' Batman is the same one that took over Gotham at the close of Tom King's run, but he regrets all of that now and blames his crimes on a temporary mental breakdown brought on by losing his home reality
I thought Flashpoint Batman was killed in an assisted suicide by Bane?

So is Infinite Frontier a company crossover event or just stating, 'hey, this is a look at the current continuity'?
Old 07-13-2021, 08:46 AM   #2057
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Over in the Flash annual, it's revealed the massacre at Sanctuary wasn't Wally's fault, it was the speed force creating surge explosions to rid itself of an intruding Savitar, with Roy's help, Wally is able to take Savitar back with him to the present, but has to still let everyone at Sanctuary, including Roy, die so they don't create another Flashpoint.

Back in the present, Wally defeats Savitar, and at the same time acquires A 'surge force' ability

Quote:
I thought Flashpoint Batman was killed in an assisted suicide by Bane?
He didn't die, he was just left in a bad way. He was abducted from Arkham and taken to a space ship, hence why he's found later in the first issue in an escape pod.

Quote:
So is Infinite Frontier a company crossover event or just stating, 'hey, this is a look at the current continuity'?
It's just set up for the current status quos and building to the next major crossover crisis.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-13-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #2058
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I would like to see a master list of evil Flashes. So there is:
The Rival, the original evil opposite in all of comics,in this Jay Garrick.
Reverse Flash I/Ebord Thawne of the 30th century
Reverse Flash II/ Hunter Zolomon, tortures heroes to force tragedies to make them better heroes.
Black Flash,the personification of death made from Speed Force particles.
Interia basically Bart Allen's evil opposite.

Savitar is what exactly?

Godspeed is what exactly?

Good grief at least 7 evil speedsters?!
Old 07-15-2021, 12:17 PM   #2059
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I am looking for a list of all of the team ups that Batman has shared with individual Marvel characters. There is

-Batman/Hulk from 1982.
-Batman/Spider-Man x 2 ( one vs Joker/Carnage) (one vs Ra's al Ghul/Kingpin)
-Batman/Daredevil x 2 (one vs Two Face/Mr. Hyde) (one vs Scarecrow/Kingpin)
-Batman/Punisher vs Joker/Jigsaw. I don't count the Azbat one that preceded it.
-Batman/Captain America set during WWII vs Joker/Red Skull.

Am I missing any?
Old 07-15-2021, 11:58 PM   #2060
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman and The Authority#1 scans and spoilers from Bleeding Cool

Spoiler:
JFK and Clark meet up, Kennedy wants a manned mission to Mars but does not want superhero intervention in 'human ingenuity', Kennedy and Clark talk a bit about an appointment in Dallas (uh oh) and forming a Justice League, which fails and leads to him leading the Authority.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...-jfk-spoilers/

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman