The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-22-2024, 04:02 AM   #141
Tyron leung
Mouser

Last ronin movie is not a good idea

Making a legacy movie of last ronin connecting it the 90s trilogy as a nostalgia bait member berries wank fest, is a very bad idea, and so is a video game about it too, cause there's not enough world building in the roninverse its a alternate future time line thats its own thing that ruined the continuityof the mirage source material its based on, and there's tons of characters that would've been useful in the story like gosei hattori, shadow Jones, the justice force, the vigilante nobody, radical aka raven shadowheart, the turtles mutant ally leatherhead, the Utroms, and Renet the Timestress lucindra etc.

1)the Stockman problem, he deserves his own movie to shine as a villain to the Turtles, he's a robotics scientist not a geneticist he's a cold calculating buisness tycoon who makes a profit off of extermination pest control and stumbles upon their lair almost killing splinter and their first meeting of april, he builds these devices under the guise to solve the city's rat problem, running a money laundering racket stealing his funding from banks and holds the city at randsome for more wealth, making himself into a wolfenstine cyborg with his brain in a machine. the mouser robots have never been used in live action before, the tmnt movies we have recieved deviated from the source material characters for brand new O.C. characters, he was wasted in the michael bay movies for 87 toon characters. April in the movies keeps being adapted as a news reporter than a computer engineer A.I. programmer of the pest control robots. also How would he come to find out about the fugitoid if the turtles in the 90s universe t.c.r.i adventure is grounded in realism, because the studio wanted to pull in a compromise of laird & eastman hating the 87 stuff but gave into demand for bebop & rocksteady with tokka & rhazar, instead of the forgotten shredder clones or have the turtles go on a space adventure in live action? We don't even know why he would hate the turtles let alone be a 2nd rate hench men to the foot in the 90s movie trilogy universe cause April's not his employee she's a field reporter & anchor like her 87 counterpart.

2) the Comic to movie problem, ( fugitoid, tcri alien utrom race, triceratons, galatic federation, leatherhead renet savanti romero etc ) deserves their own movies in live action before TLR. The secret of the ooze, tmnt 3, & tmnt 2007 flopped the chance to bring in the cosmic, obscure superheroes heroes, & villains of tmnt stories from the comics, these were throw away movies to make a quick cash grab off the 1st movies success testing the waters with a kiddie after school special where the tmnt takes a backseat in their own film to an O.C. & april or shredder taking a backseat to tatsu. the sequel follow ups during Turtlemania back in the day flopped the franchise, in not being bold, not taking risk playing it safe on budget & deviating from the lore, listening to criticism with the first movie "which is tame by today's standards to get usurped by a found footage horror movie with no monster ? ((from hypocrite Jim Henson who went full pacifist but has sadist Kermit coffee dark crystal pans labyrinth, Foreign markets censoring "ninja or nunchaku, its not educational or being too violent," Judith Hoag complaining about the violence & the stuntmen doing their job. complaining adults about the movies out at the time ( Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Star wars, Dragon slayer, Indiana Jones, Batman etc.*) those annoying parents groups pseudo argument "media is an Attack on kids" with the old fredrick werthem seduction of the innocence talking points, fast food companies pulling sponsorship & funding to sell happy meal toys, that caused the martial arts to become slap stick comedy*)) they didn't really do anything with Professor Perry who's supposed to be a composite analog to the white washed baxter in the 87 toon, a t.c.r.i alien, and fugitoid but he's just there for the foot to make their own mutants and turn orroku saki into super shredder, making t.c.r.i. to t.g.r.i. cutting out the shared truck radioactive accident scene from the movies, or any chance for a space opera or epic etc imax blockbuster level movie

3) the Ninja problem making a hamato clan separation from the foot makes no sense. yoshi and shen are foot ninja who defect going in hiding from them after orroku nagi attempted rape upon yoshi's girl friend & shredder wants to track them down to seek revenge, they want to lay low as possible. ( there's another ninja clan in mirage lore that nickelodeon goes back to for inspiration " the passing" for the full cranium mask, the tonfa and manriki gasari prequel comic, such as the "Gosei clan, Gosei Hattori" isntead of master Yip, who could've been used for last ronin. the hamato clan idea came from the 2012 show.*) the karai character deserves her own film, city at war has never been put to screen in live action it has everything you need for a movie but we got the trash that was the 2007 cgi film. ( karai was never an Orroku they should've given her, a surname and developed the foot organization in the mirage comics lore the families within the clan like the head masters that groomed saki into leading the nyc branch, like idw gave us mosatto orroku maji Takahashi tatsuo etc. karai being an orroku that is something that came from the 2003 & 2012 show, original karai is actually older than shredder, has her own child amai that got fridged by the foot elite, and made a truce with the tmnt pretending to be shredder to disband the foot from terrorizing NYC ever again.*)

4) Shredder 2.0 is basically Anakin Skywalker & Robin from the prequels & Schumacher movies, he's a Brat with no development just "evil for the sake" of being an edgy cringe lord. shredder in the movies, if you're connecting it to roninverse was an incel grooming kids to steal childish things & run a pleasure island racket than a serious criminal organization. He has an o.c. henchmen tatsu do all his dirty work while he sits on his ass giving speeches, who took himself out by trying to stab splinter falling off the roof of a brown stone into a garbage truck compactor & killing himself up under a dock. the turtles doesn't even fulfill their bushido destiny in avenging their surrogate fathers owners deaths, they don't even know shredder exist, splinter should be a fragile old rat who's on the verge of dying from natural causes and is missing scenes where he gets captured. They left shredders disciplining the caught muggars on the cutting room floor which does a disservice to orroku saki.

5) the turtles are weak in the 90s trilogy and ineffective unlike their mirage counterparts. They aren't even killing people they barely use their weapons and only use their weapons for defense half the time their tossing their weapons away for hand to hand combat standing around doing kata displays and picking up everyday items for weapons like sausage links wiffle bats yo yos twigs and escrima sticks off foot ninja or slap stick comedy no shuriken play no sword & sai play no cutting no stabbing just using the katanas as dull clubs to trip people with than as swords.

6) there are way better stories to tell in film before a last day story where all the Turtles get killed off in the movies and replaced with turtles with a new generation of xmen like super powers in their secondary mutations like the old scrapped next mutation 4th film. We seen this trope constantly its not new its pretty mid and old when the turles have died before in media outside the comics in the 2003 show which was out of left field we seen this trope of every franchise has a kill the hero off before any other stories can be adapted to film. We our heroes die in movies with (Optimus Prime, Wolverine Storm Cyclops etc xmen, Spiderman, Batman & Robin before a batfamily or teen titans ensemble movie can be made, Superman, Luke Skywalker, Ironman, Black Panther, the Blue Ranger & Zordon*) die do something else besides killing off the tmnt.

7) continuity error the 90s film wanted to be an after school special psa about gangs and family bond, last ronin is just an edge lord fest and and nostalgia bait member berries trope of other legacy movies it won't live up to the full story potential cause the turtles characters are under developed being comedic relif in the older movies and just raph gets most the development, donatello doesnt get to be a tech genius
until the 3rd film and leonardo barely does anything in those movies and he's supposed to be the leader all he does is bicker with raph brood and crack jokes with Don and mikey.

I would rather last ronin be a 1 off thing, it became fan fictioney like idw main run of comics, they included a next generation tmnt in moja yi odyin and uno i prefer them to not make it a franchise when they could've did the idw or mirage stories atleast with a idw tmnt movie you get the best of both worlds of all the incarnations into one or if you adapt the mirage comics you get to introduce a whole new audience to the mirage continuity lore and characters instead of nick milking the 87 toon constantly in marketing.

9) it might not be R rated cause it's a hard pg13 at best like how netflix avatar the last air bender transformers Disney marvel and Fox marvel handled killing off characters its less to no blood pg13 gore or cut away implying the sharp thrust and some fans are already wanting it to be for the little kids to go take their children to see it rather than itching the scratch for the fans of the o.g. mirage image lore bodycount comic or 2003 show fans.

10) they had decades to do mirage continuity characters in live action with their own movies but constantly kept skipping over the source material continuity characters for demand from turtlemaina popularity of the 1987 cartoon

Last edited by Tyron leung; 04-23-2024 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Grammar errors
Tyron leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 04:38 AM   #142
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

It almost seems as if pretty much any TMNT concept is a bad idea to this forum unless it’s precisely what said user wants.

I’ve never been someone that needs others to like what I like. Subjectivity is the golden rule when it comes to art & entertainment. That said, I think it’s hard to argue there’s not a strong tone of pessimism that pervades this forum.

This is the most interesting thing to happen to the brand since the sale, bar none. It’s a seismic shift in how Viacom views the brand, and if you’re above the age of 12 or looking for anything from this property that reaches above the age of 12, then this is the best TMNT news you’ve heard in decades, even if the movie isn’t great.

Would I prefer City at War? Return to NY? Undoubtedly. But that’s a pipe dream. Even this is a pipe-dream, but it’s actually coming true. Maybe it leads to adaptations like CaW.

From a business standpoint, I think this one objectively makes the most sense. It’s a future-world but it tells a complete story and the demographic this is aiming for don’t need another origin story. The sales speak for themselves.

Hell, I’ll admit that I’m conflating my own excitement about this movie with my excitement about where the property is finally heading but I just have a hard time seeing this as anything but fantastic news for TMNT. The future is brighter for this brand than it has been in decades, from where I stand. It’s finally being allowed to grow up.

So I have to also admit that it’s wild to see a bunch of adults on here react with “meh”. Like, what are you ever here for if not the news of “hey this property might not only be for pre-teens anymore for the first time in your actual adult life”?

If I am a bit of a cheerleader for this thing, then so be it. Now that I’ve ranted I’ll try to revert back to the golden rule but I just encourage everyone to appreciate what this means for the brand if you’re someone who’s been a bit dissatisfied with the last decade or two. Try not to look a gift horse in the mouth, if you think this might open some doors that were previously bolted shut.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:02 AM   #143
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Also to the guy with the 3 sets of paragraphs you know 100% of comic book movies never follow the comic book exactly right?

Don't expect Last Ronin to be 100% faithful to the comic
Old 04-22-2024, 09:27 AM   #144
jignat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercubed View Post
probably never. It's going to be a pitch that gets shelved, same with the last ronin videogame they're apparently making.

They're not going to spend a $150 million dollar budget on a futuristic tmnt movie with 3 of the turtles dead in a sci-fi cyberpunk setting. Not to mention by the time this movie comes out, the last ronin comic will be pretty much forgotten by most people.
fat and black!
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:38 AM   #145
jignat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
I

So I have to also admit that it’s wild to see a bunch of adults on here react with “meh”. Like, what are you ever here for if not the news of “hey this property might not only be for pre-teens anymore for the first time in your actual adult life”?
You're giving them too much credit.

When I made that thread about whether WB or Disney should have taken over, I'm starting to think WB would have been a much better fit than Viacom.

Hell, Disney is releasing a PG-13 level x-men animated series to critical acclaim now and an R-rated Deadpool movie in a few months.
Viacom is letting the tmnt franchise stagnate imo.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:52 AM   #146
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
You're giving them too much credit.

When I made that thread about whether WB or Disney should have taken over, I'm starting to think WB would have been a much better fit than Viacom.

Hell, Disney is releasing a PG-13 level x-men animated series to critical acclaim now and an R-rated Deadpool movie in a few months.
Viacom is letting the tmnt franchise stagnate imo.
Well this is them finally getting in gear imo. They could only ignore the tea leaves for so long. Some of us were telling them to embrace the older fans ages ago. When they finally do with a little comic book, it becomes a pop-culture hit and outsells all other comics.

But still they told Kevin “let’s stick to a video game for now” when it came to adapting TLR, for fear of it competing with Mutant Mayhem (and probably for fear of parents).

Then Mutant Mayhem underperformed. Even the critical love couldn’t save it. Maybe because kids have no inherent reason to love TMNT and each time you refresh the brand for children only, you’re banking on a new generation embracing and supporting it on their own.

Maybe leaving behind legacy fans wasn’t the best idea. Or maybe they just assumed older TMNT fans will accept anything anyway. Marvel doesn’t only cater to children. Neither does WB/DC.
And I agree, when even Disney is putting out R-rated comic material, you know you waited too long.

I’m glad they’re finally getting with the program and I can’t wait to see what else this leads to.
Old 04-22-2024, 04:23 PM   #147
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron leung View Post
Making a legacy movie of last ronin using the 90s trilogy is a very bad idea and so is a video game about it too be a there's not enough world building and characters that could've been usefull and preventing this time line like leatherhead the utroms and renet.

1)the baxter stockman problem he deserves his own movie to shine as a villain to the turtles and the mousers have never been used he was wasted in the michael bay movies and april keeps being adapted as a news reporter also How would he come to find out about fugitoid or hate the turtles let alone be a hench men to the foot

2) fugitoid tcri alien utrom race triceraton leatherhead and renet problem the secret of the ooze flopped the change to bring in the cosmic tmnt stories

3) the ninja problem making a hamato clan separation from the foot makes no sense when yoshi and shen are foot ninja who defect and you have another ninja clan in mirage such as gosei clan gosei hattori run who has been forgotten after tales vol 2 karai city at war return to new york was never an orroku that is something that came from the 2003 show karai is actually older than shredder has her own child that got fridged and made a truce with the tmnt

4) shredder 2.0 is basically anakin skywalker and robin from the Schumacher movies a whiney Bratt with no development just evil for the sake of being an evil edge lord and the o.g. shredder took himself of by trying to stabbed splinter and killing himself of under dock and the turtles never actually beat shredder in combat but runs away or get their asses handed to them.

5) the turtles are weak in the 90s trilogy and ineffective like their mirage counterparts

6) there are better stories to tell in film before I see the turtles get killed off like wolverine Luke skywalker black panther iron man captain america of old age gamora Scarlett witch vision wanda maximoff gambit recently invincible characters its not new its pretty mid

7) continuity error the 90s film wanted to be an after school special psa about gangs and family bond last ronin is just edge lord fest and and nostalgia bate member berries it won't live up to story potential cause the turtles characters are under developed being comedic relif

I would rather last ronin be a one of thing than a franchise when they could've did the idw or mirage adaptation of the story

9) it might not be r rated cause it's a hard pg13 and fans are already wanting it to be for them to go take their children to it

10) they had decades to do mirage continuity characters but constantly kept skipping over the source for the 87 toon continuity characters in demand.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 08:53 PM   #148
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just a reminder: Viacom doesn't exist anymore and hasn't since 2022. It's all Paramount now.

And of course I think the general hope isn't that a Last Ronin movie success spawns a Last Ronin 2 or 3 (though it might) but rather that a Last Ronin movie success kicks the door open for more mature "regular" TMNT content.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:29 AM   #149
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't even know where this R-rating thing is coming from. The book would barely even be considered that, if that. It's mostly Mike fighting the army of robots, right? It's just that by comparison to anything Nick has done with TMNT since 2009, Last Ronin suddenly seems like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
I think cause we've been desensitized to the turtles dying before like blind sight or same as it never was or idw donatello having his carapace crushed in with a sledgehammer.

Last ronins gore and death scenes is not even that graphic most the comics how the turtles die they cut away from splinters and the turtles ambush the night karai broke the truce.

you don't see leonardo and casey jones body being desentigrated by shrapnel and fire ripping throught their bodies or destroying April's arm and leg like saving private Ryan (like the end of vol.2 of mirage tmnt*) by baxter self destruction of his mousers and synjas in an explosion, you dont see donatello and splinter body being pelted with arrows impaled through donatellos eye socket and out the back of his head Its cut away only through a cancled sketch art for a cover shown his graphic death, Raphael getting stabbed under the chin with a kunai is a pretty tame kill and he got off easy fighting in the blaze of glory against a hoard of foot ninja.

the only dark deaths is a foot ninja getting eaten by cyborg crows, death worms henchmen gets a sai tossed in his head, or belly split open with a garden hoe, and splinter decaptiating foot Agents setting up a trap with minimal gore shots and minimal blood shaka bomb collar blowing out his neck instead of exploding his entire head. and hiroto orroku & Michaelangelo death isn't even dark they just free fall from the tower Michaelangelo breaks all the weapons and they duel in the sewers get washed down a stormdrain into a muddy creek bed and they both get fried from the nano tech suit electricity and Michaelangelo has blood loss from getting slashed across the plastron which they turn off the plot armor of having a healing factor in his secondary mutation.

the gore drama and violence isn't as outrageous or shocking like kevin eastman & simon bisley body count, the 1st and 2nd death of shredder by the turtles ganging up on him and leo decapitating a morally grey man groomed to be a criminal after finding out that yoshi killed his brother out of honor and self defense trying to prevent tang shen rape/ assault then they get murdered in a canon event for defecting from the foot or leonardo blind sight or zog the triceraton killed by the worm clones of shredder or stockman putting his brain in a robot mech or the times when casey accidentally killed a kid got rejected by april meeting marrying Gabrielle who dies and he raises her child as his own or the turtles realizing they have no purpose and are a doomed tragic family and the only ones of their kind.

Last edited by Tyron leung; 04-23-2024 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:31 PM   #150
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yes, the super gorey climax of Last Ronin: the main bad guy suffocates to death in a little puddle.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:49 PM   #151
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

If you theoretically adapted it page-for-page then TLR could warrant that rating. Moreso if you want to include scenes seen in “Lost Years”, where we have Mikey impale a guy in the forehead with a sai, for instance. That said I agree that it could be done in pg-13.

Either they had a specific style in mind, possibly similar to “Kill Bill”
or they felt the need to make a statement and assure audiences that this is something different.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:46 PM   #152
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
but rather that a Last Ronin movie success kicks the door open for more mature "regular" TMNT content.
Yes, this please.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 02:46 PM   #153
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Yes, the super gorey climax of Last Ronin: the main bad guy suffocates to death in a little puddle.
If they wanted to ramp up the dark they could've had hiroto display the corpses of casey Jones Raphael Donatello Splinter and Leonardo as morbid taxidermy trophies or turned their bodies into synja cyborgs or repurchased their ooze to make mutants that Michaelangelo has to fight.

Or had savanti romero orchestrate this dark future for the turtles with the time scepter and killed renet to explain her absence in the story it could've had leatherhead show up to help out nobody radical the justice force Battling Bernice to help. also continuity error how could they have the second time around if that's a canon event that it was supposed to have been destroyed when orroku saki was alive at that point they've all would've been living in north Hampton Massachusetts ?
Old 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM   #154
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
The duel between Aragorn and Lurtz didn’t give Lord Of The Rings an R rating.

The orc tasted his own blood on a knife, had his arm chopped off, pulled Aragorn’s sword even deeper into his abdomen, and finally, off went his head.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:38 PM   #155
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Explain how my run on sentence paragraph is wrong.... The old 90s mtv esthetic movies don't fit last ronin continuity. Baxter stockman is missing in that trilogies time line infavor for an o.c. character in professor perry who's a grounded in realism stand in for the utroms and the white washed Baxter changed t.c.r.i. into t.g.r.i...are you gonna turn professor perry into Baxter stockman a radiologist thats apart of a E.P.A crew of disposing environmental waste such as the radioactive
mutanagenic ooze that transformed the turtles and a rat into anthropromorphsized monster talkative hominids and not an a.i. robotics company that designs robots for pest control but are really military grade weapons he uses to randsome the city? Baxter stockman in the story is a major protagonist that upgrades the foot from being humans to robot and cyborgs police turning nyc into a no mans land and hes portrayed as a hench men to the foot but in the mirage lore this story is supposed to be inspired by is not associated or affiliated with the foot and has no reason to make foot robot ninja and was locked away for years putting his brain in a robot working for area 51 D.A.R.P.A and wouldn't have any clue about the turtles robot pal sal aka professor honeycutt. The frugitoid.

The Foot in the movies is Pinocchios pleasure island where shredder and tatsu grooms abunch of wayward kids living in a junkyard to be skilled thieves but not lethal fighters in stealing vices only kids would enjoy they aren't trained japanese assassins, or drug dealers, corrupt politicians, corrupt police officers their abunch of goofies trying to be the pied piper of american kids in new york ghettos running a boys and girls club to fight some sewer monsters with shredder being an incel over tang shen not giving him the cheeks so how can shredder have any children or grandchildren if he never scored with a woman and cucked himself by killing his crush and her husband?

Karai during the filming of the 1990 film was created she wasn't related to shredder and was used to disband the divided foot factions since the vacuum of the shredder dying for a second time was left in the void so we are missing integral parts of return to new york story the space saga and city at war in that world and what has become of super shredder and tatsu and that would be a waste cause karai deserves a movie to be portrayed as an ally to the tmnt we have no reason for her to target the tmnt in a cycle of revenge when in that continuity she doesn't exist.

The turtles themselves are weak and has never beaten the shredder themselves they don't even use their weapons to stab slice blugeone up side the head they mostly fight bare hands and toss their weapons away leo only got one cut in on shredder and got taken hostage out of a taunt shredder took himself out and the foot ninja tatsu trained personally are amateurish at best they stand around looking awkward does nunchaku kata competitions in the middle of a battle and allow the turtles to do wacky **** and play around with roller chairs or do cartoonist taunts and dance numbers. The 90s trilogy doesn't match the tone of the last ronin
Old 04-23-2024, 03:41 PM   #156
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
or they felt the need to make a statement and assure audiences that this is something different.
This actually seems to me like it's the most plausible reason. A "this ain't no children's TMNT" in the same vein as the "this ain't no cartoon" that the 1990 movie was touting, you could say.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:56 PM   #157
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLabRat View Post
It's weird that this didn't have any negative effects on April or Marie. If they write some Innsmouth-like stuff, as Mary get older, her body would slowly transform into more reptilian or turtle attributes, and eventually becomes a non-human mutant. At least it shows why she insists on seeing herself as a member of turtles family and wants to create new mutant turtles.
Then why didn't the turtles turn into half furry rat creatures aswell since they been around splinter for many years and why didnt splinter turn reptilian with creature with a carapace and plastron ? This sub plot of secondary mutation and next generation of tmnt with superpowers is confusing disrespectful to the tmnt tragedy of being the only ones of their kind also where they get the extra ooze from if utroms arent in this story and the ooze in mirage only makes lower lifeforms like animals bipedal homonids capable of speach and human dexterity and why didn't the foot utilize the ooze from the deceased corpses of the turtles splinter and casey jones why didn't the foot mutate into reptile and rat mutants since the ninja turtles and splinter put hands and feet of these humans in black pajamas why didn't karai mutate since she had raph bleeding his radioactive mutanagenic blood on her when they both drowned.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:32 PM   #158
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I can definitely see any issue with the Last ronin, personally would have built up to it. Say if it was a 90’s resurrection, do a back to basics film (possibly a Bishop/Baxter film) with a tease to a resurrected shredde (can make reference to 2007 film) the. You can have a duology if City Far War/City Fall, have a turtle die in the first part, and have two more die in the second part. Then you can have your Last Ronin film.
That is awful cause the 2007 film wasn't meant to be a sequel to the old trilogy it started off as a mirage comics cgi film and turned into its own self containted story doing something other than shredder or any of the mirage characters or 87 toon characters wanted and i dont think its scrapped sequel was tied into the storaged last ronin story don't let the easter eggs fool you or karai alluding to familiar faces of your past mean a city at war adaptation when that should've been this 2007 film instead of this mayan apocalypto inspired film its not in the same continuity it's not the same universe and the older movies are also present in the next mutation saban power rangers universe using the abandoned subway and old costumes of the 90s films on top of that there's no characters in those previous movies present in the 2007 cgi film also the turtles never collected trophies of their previous adventures cause shredders kabuto and mempo was mutated and customized the honor guard armor shouldn't have went back through time because of equal mass displacement and they returned to the present butt naked the 2007 film is heavily inspired by the 2003 cartoon and the 2003 cartoon continued to use the 2007 film in its marketing toys and video games idw city fall is not apart of last ronin bishop is not present in the pseudo mirage lore of the last ronin and the mirage lore continuity is broken in the roninverse .
Old 04-23-2024, 04:36 PM   #159
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You mean the original film universe that jumped the shark and went for time travel? That one?

Hell, bring the Time Scepter back in and visit the future, then stay this time (or get stuck) to help with the state of things. Doesn't break TLR timeline to make up a reason how they somehow GOT to that time and place other than just letting the years pass.
For one that 3rd film is hated by most the fan and are they gonna do a ****** recalibration ignoring the sequels and only acknowledging the first film like the Halloween franchise?
Old 04-23-2024, 05:21 PM   #160
Tyron leung
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You mean the original film universe that jumped the shark and went for time travel? That one?

Hell, bring the Time Scepter back in and visit the future, then stay this time (or get stuck) to help with the state of things. Doesn't break TLR timeline to make up a reason how they somehow GOT to that time and place other than just letting the years pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I just noticed this news last night.

I like the idea of a more mature TMNT but I don’t think I want a rated R one. I definitely do not want 3 turtles dead either. I would do it similar to the first live action movie. Make it a little darker with more elaborate fights.

I’m probably gonna get backlash for this but I think Mortal Kombat (95) would be a good example. Legitimate threat (doesn’t have to be end of the world), everyone has their own personal matters to overcome and a lot of cool fights that are not overly violent.

I’m NOT against violent movies. I just don’t like this direction for TMNT. I get this comic was really popular but this is extreme. This is too far the other way.

I know it’s just speculation but...making it a continuation of the 90s movie? People really want a follow up to that where 3 turtles are dead? That sounds awful to me. At least make it it’s own thing.
I disagree with that foolish statement. There's no excuses we can't have an R rated tmnt based on the original mirage comic books when we live in the era where all the comic books and super hero films are allowed to be R rated or hard pg13 this aint your 90s kids movies where the villain kills himself and his minons are abunch of bumbling power ranger putties we got watchmen that's R rated got dr manhattans blue penis on the screen it has the comedian raping the silk specters mom it has racism it has genocide homicide it has rorschach killing a pedophile who killed a little girl and fed to some dogs you got 300 which was racist propaganda of the historical inaccuracies of the battle of thermopoly you got invicible the boys all heroes must die kick ass v for vendetta toxic avenger you got the movie wanted that deviates from the supervillain stuff and makes it an assassin thriller you got the walking dead spawn on hbo. Disney just put out their first R rated show in echo and is about to drop wolverine and deadpool under the disney umbrella in the mcu. if wolverine can use his claws in the movies and slice and stab people if deadpool can get a dildo up his ass hole by vanessa and use his katanas and guns to kill people make homosexual jokes and flirt with colossus talk about drug use and swear up a storm if us agent John walker captain america can bisect a guy with captain americas shield in broad day light if harley Quinn and x23 a made for children's cartoon female side kicks to wolverine and the joker to sell toys and get a girl demographic interested in Batman the animated series and xmen evolution teen girl centric homage to the craft can be in hard R movies talking about a guy's penis their team members die horrible deaths or killing up marauders or being Mary sues being able to kill a multiverse level threat kaiju in staro if venom goofy ass can get two R rated movies with out spiderman in it if the riddler can get a seven horror movie inspired film to himself where he's a serial killer like the zodiac it the joker in the movies can fry a guy with an electric buzzer poison people into smiling a deadly grin and die from uncontrollable laughter with joker venom shoot people stab people in the neck with a feather smash a guy's eye into a number 2 pencil slit a guy's face or neck open with a knife hang a guy dressed in a batman cosplay burn a guy on a pile of money insert a bomb in a guys torso to escape jail blow up the heroes love intrest and show a detailed gorey burn cgi effect on Harvey dent give joker a R rated movie about being a mentally ill guy who was molested as a child and thought to be the bastard son of the waynes and goes on TV and shoots a guy in the head stalks and assualts his neighbor and kills abunch of kids on a subway or has a movie where he kills dick grayson robin and batman starts killing in his first meeting with superman in live action gets a R rated cut there's no excuses as to why the tmnt can't drink alcohol being underage 13 year Olds killing abunch of purple dragon and foot ninja with their assassins skills their ninjas for crying out load their morally grey and the story is about he cycle of revenge and two out of the turtles use bladed and steel weapons that could kill people they use in these goofy movies as clubs to bludgeon and trip or block a weapon and they toss their weapons to fight with hand to hand.