The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-04-2022, 08:42 AM   #4101
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post

For me personally:

Napoleon, Usagi, Panda Khan, Tokka and Zak the Neutrino
Zak the Neutrino!! Yes!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #4102
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/...5Es1_&ref_url=

Dang, nice! I like that they went with the rare white uniform variant of Donatello, but I'm sure that will piss some people off since it's not the one they had as a kid (he's a skip either way for me). Flocked Splinter is an easy pass but that's a better use of the bonus spot than the Shredder in the last wave. I wish I could get that head with the pupils unflocked. Wingnut and Screwloose have been a top 5 since the line was announced and they look fantastic. I just hope Wingnut is appropriately large, which he looks to be. Scumbug... he was a favorite as a kid but as I've gotten older I've become less enamored with him for some reason. I'll still get him, and he looks great, he's just not as exciting. Zak is done extremely well but I'll skip on him until he's on sale.

Pretty solid job, Super7! Still some strange omissions but I can appreciate that there are more "core" characters in this wave at least.
Traag and Rat King are still suspiciously missing! Great to see some core characters but I do feel that Dunkin' Don and Flocked Splinter dilutes the wave a bit. Zak has always been a Tier 1 character for me.

The texturing on Wingnut almost makes him look flocked.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:48 AM   #4103
Ninjinister
無問題

I think I would get Wingnut & Screwloose just because I like the little buddy figs. Mayyybe Zak too if I have the money later on.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:50 AM   #4104
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Yeah, those two are probably still the biggest omissions, but it's nice to be getting more of the early mutants. I think you might be on a bit of an island with Zak, haha. He looks great but I'm not sure how heavily he'll be ordered. Don is strange in that it's now the third variant subset that Super7 has started without finishing any, but a variant is probably a given for every wave and the sports turtles make sense to be the third I guess? Who knows. And yeah, I'd guess flocked Splinter will be an easy pass for the vast majority of people, but he's that bonus 5th figure so we can't really get mad about him.

People will though, I'm sure!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:00 AM   #4105
Meow
Stone Warrior

Is there an overview somewhere about the s7 tmnt figures' lineup?
Old 11-04-2022, 09:13 AM   #4106
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Wingnut and Scumbug are awesome!
Definitely the stand-out figure!

Quote:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/...5Es1_&ref_url=

Dang, nice! I like that they went with the rare white uniform variant of Donatello, but I'm sure that will piss some people off since it's not the one they had as a kid (he's a skip either way for me).
I didn't even think about the uniform color, but I immediately noticed, they had dropped the number 23 in favor of 84, which I assume is a reference to the franchise's comic book debut. I am curious if they thought they HAD to change it due to potential trademark issues, or if it's a reference to an older design document that would have favored 84 originally.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #4107
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Wave 9 is...

Wingnut w Screwloose
Scumbug
Basketball Don
Zak Neutrino
Flocked Splinter

Wingnut and Scumbug are awesome!
Much better wave this I must say. Wingnut is the definite winner here for me. Waves 5-8 have been very expensive here overseas so it will be interesting to see how much these will cost.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #4108
Robogeek1973
Thug

Scumbug looks pretty cool, although I would've liked to see him a little bigger. Wingnut and Screwloose look fantastic, and I love the Batman and Robin homage. It also looks like Wingnut's wings are seperate pieces from his prosthetic wings, so that's amazing! Fuzzy Splinter is ok...never really been a fan of flocked characters, but that extra head with pupils looks so much better to me. Donnie looks cool, but I have no interest at all in him, and Zak.....eh.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #4109
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
Much better wave this I must say. Wingnut is the definite winner here for me. Waves 5-8 have been very expensive here overseas so it will be interesting to see how much these will cost.
$75 for Wingnut

$65 for Scumbug
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #4110
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
$75 for Wingnut

$65 for Scumbug
Oh, well, none for me then. Neat.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:33 AM   #4111
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
$75 for Wingnut

$65 for Scumbug
looks like i'm done with this line then.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:52 AM   #4112
italianice388
Stone Warrior

just to lay it out plainly, when this line dropped only two years ago, a wingnut and screwloose would have cost $45. now it's $75.

that is a SIXTY SEVEN PERCENT increase in price in just two years. 67%!

enough is enough.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:13 PM   #4113
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
just to lay it out plainly, when this line dropped only two years ago, a wingnut and screwloose would have cost $45. now it's $75.

that is a SIXTY SEVEN PERCENT increase in price in just two years. 67%!

enough is enough.

Wingnut/Screwloose are two figures. I suppose Super7 justification is that Screwloose is about the size of snarf, which sold for $55 (which can be further justified considering that the resin Snarf and Snarfer models sold for around $70 or $80, respectively by Amaro Studios a few years earlier).
Old 11-04-2022, 12:25 PM   #4114
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Wingnut/Screwloose are two figures. I suppose Super7 justification is that Screwloose is about the size of snarf, which sold for $55 (which can be further justified considering that the resin Snarf and Snarfer models sold for around $70 or $80, respectively by Amaro Studios a few years earlier).
Nahhhh, sorry man. I know you always try to keep it positive, especially when it comes to Super7. But Wingnut/Screwloose is no different from Muckman and Joe Eyeball. It's a figure and a buddy. Yes the buddy happens to have a little articulation, but not nearly enough to call it a second figure. And even if you want to make that stretch, that still doesn't account for why Muckman was the standard $45 (now $55) and Wingnut is a deluxe.

This is Super7 being dumb with their prices again, pure and simple. Why else would Scumbug be $65?
Old 11-04-2022, 12:30 PM   #4115
Robogeek1973
Thug

Didn't catch those prices until a few minutes ago.

Yeah, this line will be done soon.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM   #4116
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I was just thinking today that Wingnut would make a great addition to this collection. Also, I was today years old when I realized that he and Screwloose are supposed to resemble Batman and Robin. That was completely lost on me until now.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:11 PM   #4117
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Definitely the stand-out figure!

I didn't even think about the uniform color, but I immediately noticed, they had dropped the number 23 in favor of 84, which I assume is a reference to the franchise's comic book debut. I am curious if they thought they HAD to change it due to potential trademark issues, or if it's a reference to an older design document that would have favored 84 originally.
Probably just that in 1991 there weren't too many people who would have not known what player 23 referenced. I mean I still wanna be like Mike. Now it would likely be lost on most. I love that they are doing more sought after figures for people. But I do hope they put the regular red and white out at some point.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:17 PM   #4118
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Just got two emails from Super7: one about preordering this wave and one about "Limited Stock" Wingnut & Screwloose. "Snag your treasure while it’s still in stock. Once it's gone, it may never come back."

Please. I'm getting reeeeally tired of these companies trying to push FOMO as their sole business model.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:20 PM   #4119
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just got two emails from Super7: one about preordering this wave and one about "Limited Stock" Wingnut & Screwloose. "Snag your treasure while it’s still in stock. Once it's gone, it may never come back."

Please. I'm getting reeeeally tired of these companies trying to push FOMO as their sole business model.
I don't know if it is a glitch but I purchased My Wingnut & Screwloose for $49.18 directly from Super7. I also received an email stating that Zak, the Neutrino is "Limited Stock." $105 off the entire wave.

The FOMO is real.

Mad Hatter Reviews recently heard a rumor that Super7 is having some trouble maintaining the TMNT license. If you look closely at Dunker Don, all the colors have been swapped. Perhaps, Playmates is giving them a hard time.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:27 PM   #4120
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't know if it is a glitch but I purchased My Wingnut & Screwloose for $49.18 directly from Super7. I also received an email stating that Zak, the Neutrino is "Limited Stock." $105 off the entire wave.

The FOMO is real.

Mad Hatter Reviews recently heard a rumor that Super7 is having some trouble maintaining the TMNT license. If you look closely at Dunker Don, all the colors have been swapped. Perhaps, Playmates is giving them a hard time.
Dunker Don is just the rare white variant. It's accurate.

But dang, you're right about the glitch. I just ordered the whole wave for $229.50. I tried different variations and couldn't get a discount for anything but all five, so all five it is I guess.