The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man I will have to youtube this. The only parts of these shows worth watching is the lesbian stuff, which you can just youtube, and skip all the rest.
once again dusts off the old Technodrome saying folder and pulls out

Nobody cares about your boner cubed
Old 01-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #23
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's been picked up and will go to series

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/14/cw-earl...wVqOYH6hie_D_M
Im glad to hear this. I think Tyler Hochlin is a good Superman. Now that he has his own show he hopefully won't be Supercucked anymore. Like he was on Supergirl.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Im glad to hear this. I think Tyler Hochlin is a good Superman. Now that he has his own show he hopefully won't be Supercucked anymore. Like he was on Supergirl.
I dunno... I expect constant reminders of how much smarter Lois is than him.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:42 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Does this mean we shouldn't expect any Superman films in the near future?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #26
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Does this mean we shouldn't expect any Superman films in the near future?
According to the Idiots at Warner Brothers they have no idea what to do with him
Old 01-15-2020, 02:23 AM   #27
ZariusTwo
Overlord

As of Crisis

Spoiler:
Lois and Clark now have two sons, so will one of them be aged up while another stays an infant?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:30 AM   #28
Slade
god status

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, love Superman, want to see him on tv again. The other hand, CW shows really aren't that good anymore and not much of a fan of the guy playing him. But, I will check it out though.
Never even bothered with one episode of Supergirl.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Alleged summary of the pilot and premise

Spoiler:
As the series opens, LOIS LANE is still working at the Daily Planet, but CLARK KENT has just been fired following a massive layoff plan at the journal. His father JONATHAN KENT is no longer with them, while his mother MARTHA KENT is living alone on the farm where he grew up in Smallville. They have twins, JONATHAN and JORDAN KENT, who are thirteen and very different -- both physically and otherwise. Jonathan is the popular one, an all-star athlete who's about to enter the Varsity team, while Jordan is more introverted, anxiety prone, and very much into computers and video games. They don't know who their father really is... yet. And they may or may not have inherited his powers.

Lois's father GENERAL SAMUEL LANE is in the picture and knows about Clark. LANA LANG is also a big part of the show. She's a banker, still living in Smallville, with her husband KYLE CUSHING, a firefighter, and their daughters, SARAH, who's fourteen, and younger SOPHIE who's eight. They are in a dark place: Kyle is a drunk and Sarah tried to take her own life a year ago.

And yes, Superman has an enemy in this version of the story, who appears as THE STRANGER in the pilot. His true identity is revealed ar the end of the episode...

https://www.primetimer.com/pilots/bl...cter-breakdown
Old 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM   #30
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Alleged summary of the pilot and premise

Spoiler:
As the series opens, LOIS LANE is still working at the Daily Planet, but CLARK KENT has just been fired following a massive layoff plan at the journal. His father JONATHAN KENT is no longer with them, while his mother MARTHA KENT is living alone on the farm where he grew up in Smallville. They have twins, JONATHAN and JORDAN KENT, who are thirteen and very different -- both physically and otherwise. Jonathan is the popular one, an all-star athlete who's about to enter the Varsity team, while Jordan is more introverted, anxiety prone, and very much into computers and video games. They don't know who their father really is... yet. And they may or may not have inherited his powers.

Lois's father GENERAL SAMUEL LANE is in the picture and knows about Clark. LANA LANG is also a big part of the show. She's a banker, still living in Smallville, with her husband KYLE CUSHING, a firefighter, and their daughters, SARAH, who's fourteen, and younger SOPHIE who's eight. They are in a dark place: Kyle is a drunk and Sarah tried to take her own life a year ago.

And yes, Superman has an enemy in this version of the story, who appears as THE STRANGER in the pilot. His true identity is revealed ar the end of the episode...

https://www.primetimer.com/pilots/bl...cter-breakdown

Why would they Fire Clark but keep Lois. oh wait its the CW gotta have the Strong Woman be able to keep her job while the Man gets fired.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #31
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Why would they Fire Clark but keep Lois. oh wait its the CW gotta have the Strong Woman be able to keep her job while the Man gets fired.
Isn't Lois usually depicted as the better journalist?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #32
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I always thought Clark was depicted as the better one. But I don't follow Superman stuff very closely so what do I know
Old 02-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I've always taken that they're equals in the field, but that she devotes a little more energy to it. For obvious reasons.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

I think they each had at least one Pulitzer but Clark is also a best-selling and award-winning novelist. At least in the 1986-2010 continuity. His writing is one of the things he's most proud of as it doesn't require any extraordinary powers or abilities and thus he comes about his talent and awards "honestly". Which is a huge deal to him.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:11 PM   #35
TommyT
Banned

Not feeling the Pilot description.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #36
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The spoilers are real and the Supersons have been cast. Jordan Elsass & Alexander Garfin will play Jon and Jordan Kent

https://deadline.com/2020/02/superma...es-1202851698/
Old 02-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

People on the Superman page seem pretty unhappy.

There's a few "Let's wait and see" types but for most people who'd self-identify as "Superman Fans", none of this is anything we want or would ask for.

Sadly, if it tanks, all that happens is the WB suits proclaim "See? Nobody cares about Superman!" yet again and they put anything to do with him back on the shelf. Although I predict it's almost definitely going to get at least three seasons.

I hate that Hoechlin guy, so it's an easy skip for me. I think they jumped the gun with him; most people in the current climate are clamoring for a show with Routh instead, but they already pulled the trigger with this show. Too bad.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:04 AM   #38
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've always taken that they're equals in the field, but that she devotes a little more energy to it. For obvious reasons.
Agree with Andrew that they're normally shown as equals. That said, I can see why they'd fire Clark in both story and real world terms. In story Lois is, as Andrew said, usually shown as the more devoted/go getter whilst Clark is constantly late or MIA due to being Superman. Most bosses don't like that. In the real world it also means they can have Lois fill the role of investigator/journalist whilst Clark does the super heroics and trains Jonathan and Jordan. Without the love triangle you don't need them both to be reporters at the Planet. It sets Lois up in the information finder/coordinator role that Iris has in Flash, Felicity had in Arrow, and Gambi does in Black Lightning.

Not saying I agree with it (I like having them both at the Planet so I need to see how it plays out), but I can understand the why of it and it's not "strong woman keeps job whilst man gets fired".
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:27 AM   #39
TommyT
Banned

Am I the only one who is sick of the “training” of younger kids cliche?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #40
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Agree with Andrew that they're normally shown as equals. That said, I can see why they'd fire Clark in both story and real world terms. In story Lois is, as Andrew said, usually shown as the more devoted/go getter whilst Clark is constantly late or MIA due to being Superman. Most bosses don't like that.
On principle you're correct, it's generally not a good look, BUT Clark always gets the big scoops and comes through in the clutch, so while Perry is often annoyed at Clark's shenanigans he gives him a very long leash because in spite of eternally being MIA, he always gets the job done. Lots of reporters don't necessarily punch a time clock anyway.

Just saying. Part of what I like about him being a journalist is it gives him a lot more freedom that he wouldn't have at a regular 9-to-5. Because yeah that definitely wouldn't work.