The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2014, 04:21 AM   #121
Bloxxsaur
Mouser

This episode was alright- the humour was alright and it was nice to see some more personallity in Raph for once, but I think it went a bit over the top with some of the visual gags here and there. (e.g. Mikey vomiting into the cooking pot, Donny and Mikey as they start running away from Big Foot).

I'm not sure but has the animation quality gone up? It seems more fluid and the backgrounds are nicer.
I also noticed that they actually showed Big Foot's injury; it was only scrapes and a little red for dried blood but still, as far as I can remember we've not actually seen blood before. Remember when Mikey got his arm hurt fighting Rhazar when they were rescuing Karai? They just showed his normal arm. When anyone got hurt in this show they didn't show more than a differnt texture on the turtles skin.

It's a really small detail and it's weird how much it stuck out for me above everything else in the episode, but I really appreciate it.
Bloxxsaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:34 AM   #122
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Didnt really care for this episode. Least favorite since Parasitica. I think that was a bit better though.

It was just dumb. Bigfoot should have been a serious character to go along with The Finger hunting it. Well whatever.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #123
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I liked the episode, especially the end part. Though the next one is the one I am really interested in.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:12 AM   #124
madyankees
Hench Mutant

Disappointing "filler" episode for me. Not that funny and didn't really seemed to move the story much.

I actually held up some hope that this episode will finally help kill off Apriltello but nope...the madness continues.
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #125
matteso586
Stone Warrior

When Casey yelled "ITS BIGFOOT", I was thinking of A Goofy Movie.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #126
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Is this episode online yet? I can't use the Nick site. I checked Amazon, but they only seem to have ep 1 of season 3.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #127
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Is this episode online yet? I can't use the Nick site. I checked Amazon, but they only seem to have ep 1 of season 3.
It's already on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...es/id914993249
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #128
zantha
Random Punk

i liked it, it made me laugh at bits. with the last few episodes, it is nice to have a episode like this one. to be honest I was going to like this episode either way, cause there was a lot of Mikey and Donnie. they are just so sweet together. Donnie is my favourite, he is the smartest and one of the more mature of them, but I like that when he is around Mikey at times he regresses a little and acts more his age. (the second Youngest of the brothers." I also loved the ending with big foot at the look they gave each other, like I don't know, but just go with it.

the only think I don't know about it when Raph said, something to the effect of, now you know how April feels. I get that there is some hate toward the way he acts with April. so maybe they felt that they had to point that out, but as far as I remember he never followed her around, when she clearly didn't feel comfortable with it.

okay yes when she was mad at them at the start of season 2 he did. however he never invaded her personal space, then or at any other point. he happened to be in the same area as he thought she would be and took the change to see if he could see her, know that she was safe. as she is still being targeting by the Kraang. the second time I believe he is doing the same thing, once she finds him he leaves her alone. I know he has not been perfect, but he is not as bad as some people make him out to be. if anything, honestly big foot reminded me more of Casey, the way he acts with April at times.

this has been said before, but if she felt really uncomfortable April would say something, she doesn't. yes she didn't know what to say about the magic box, but apart for that she dose at any point in the episode or any other than when she was mad at them all, ever want to get away from Donnie. she is the one the starts all of the contact between them. she kisses him again in this episode.

I don't know what to make of that, if the point was for Donnie to move on, then the didn't follow though at the end. as Donnie said summing I think the episode perfectly, I understand nothing.

I'm sure most of this has been said before, so sorry for that and the kind of rant.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #129
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

The Finger's mama was a shrunken head...

And he was talking to himself! This guy is much weirder than Abigail Finn (from 2003, yes).

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #130
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
The Finger's mama was a shrunken head...

And he was talking to himself! This guy is much weirder than Abigail Finn (from 2003, yes).
It runs in the blood, they're cousins after all

I hope it's not just a throwaway line and we actually get to see the alien-hunting reality show one day!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #131
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I laughed out loud 2 or 3 times this episode... I don't usually have that reaction to this show. Few of those jokes were just too good

Fun episode for sure. The Finger was a weird villain, but it's cool to see more non-mutant/monster villains once in a while.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #132
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
It runs in the blood, they're cousins after all

I hope it's not just a throwaway line and we actually get to see the alien-hunting reality show one day!
I hope so too.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #133
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Pretty good episode. Loved seeing Don and Mikey together as that's something we don't see too much of, and I liked how Raph was leading the training session. Too bad Leo couldn't go with them due to his bum leg. Poor guy! I really hope he gets better soon! Loved The Finger and how he was voiced by Jesse Ventura and the wrestling references were great, too. I caught the Abigail Finn reference and laughed. Yeah, I felt sorry for Donnie in this one about the music box, though I can see why April felt the way she did. I think at the end, she realized that she'd treated Don badly and that she really does like him more than she thought she did, so that's why she kissed him. Glad to see the storyboards were real, and they played it out well. Also loved Bigfoot and thought he was hilarious. Overall, a pretty good and fun episode. Can't wait for next week's episode for sure.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #134
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Skipping episodes because they aren't major plots?? You guys do realize that no point will be proven to the producers by your missing the episode lol. But feel free to not to watch.

I've grown to enjoy these episodes. Sure they aren't powerful in terms of story arc, but they are pretty fun and show the guys and gal in different contexts which I find fun. I'm happy to see them in a different setting.

As far as this episode, I liked that Ciro put the whole ancient astronaut theory in the storyline with Bigfoot being a previous krang experiment. Fun episode with some good, enjoyable awkwardness. Loved hearing The Body in this. Anyone catch the hulk hogan epic leg drop? Haha
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #135
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
I generally don't pay attention to the commercials but I DID notice one for those ugly MLP Equestria Girls dolls....
Well, there was all of this talk about how studio execs want cartoons to cater to boys because they are the ones that buy toys, and I've noticed on Nick, when TMNT come on, it's been mostly girl stuff they've been advertising. So, it makes me wonder if they know girls are possibly in the majority who watch the show.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #136
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post
I get that there is some hate toward the way he acts with April. so maybe they felt that they had to point that out, but as far as I remember he never followed her around, when she clearly didn't feel comfortable with it.

okay yes when she was mad at them at the start of season 2 he did. however he never invaded her personal space, then or at any other point. he happened to be in the same area as he thought she would be and took the change to see if he could see her, know that she was safe. as she is still being targeting by the Kraang. the second time I believe he is doing the same thing, once she finds him he leaves her alone. I know he has not been perfect, but he is not as bad as some people make him out to be.
Sometimes Donnie's affection towards April is so unintentionally creepy yet so difficult to hide, especially when he gets panic! Remember these?

There could be a lot more of these examples off-screen too, but generally it's very common for one-way crush to be perceived as creepy by the other party (and sometimes, even third parties who saw it). Donnie probably couldn't see himself as being creepy all the while, until one day when he tastes his own medicine. This episode is the perfect opportunity for Donnie to learn this lesson, to a point that he almost decided to "let it go". And then what d'ya know, April gave him high hopes again, confusing him further
Old 10-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #137
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, there was all of this talk about how studio execs want cartoons to cater to boys because they are the ones that buy toys, and I've noticed on Nick, when TMNT come on, it's been mostly girl stuff they've been advertising. So, it makes me wonder if they know girls are possibly in the majority who watch the show.
I looked up/read that junk the other day, seriously, wtf. If Nick and the TMNT gang are embracing that it has female and adult fans, it's appreciated. At least someone recognizes our money has the same dollar numbers on it, glad it's a show I like.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #138
Gorilla Grodd
Thug

A weird but fairly fun episode. Not much to say about it really. I kind of feel like the writers intent with the kiss at the end was just to comfort Donnie while he was feeling down. But the execution was just all wrong. It was a very poor way of going about it since like many have said a kiss like that says romance not friendship and is just going to give Donnie more hope.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #139
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I want to point out that Jesse Ventura, who voices The Finger in this episode, used to have a show on TruTV called "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura" where he'd investigate certain conspiracies. Seems fitting that he'd voice a character who's after a creature who's been known to be a myth for the most part.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #140
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post

the only think I don't know about it when Raph said, something to the effect of, now you know how April feels. I get that there is some hate toward the way he acts with April. so maybe they felt that they had to point that out, but as far as I remember he never followed her around, when she clearly didn't feel comfortable with it.
Raphael has been just about as confusing in all of this as April has. He's already told Donnie all the way back in season one, that it wouldn't work, that he was just getting his hopes up for nothing. But, Raph has also been the one to pull Donnie out of an awkward situation when he sticks his foot in his mouth in front of April. When April was pissed at them, Raph would be like one minute, saying to Donnie that she'll be back, she just needs so time to cool off, and then in another minute, he says that she's probably gone for good. Then of course, we got the whole thing where Casey started asking Raphael questions about April, and Raph was quick to reply that he doesn't want to discuss it because he knows how Donnie feels about April, and then he sees Casey's artwork on April, and he looked not amused by the whole thing. I just think Raphael is just as torn as April, in that he doesn't want his brother being hurt, but he also doesn't like it that both guys are smothering April either. Maybe there will be an episode where he has to be the adult for once and tell them both to knock their sh!t off, or tell April to either pick one and stop this nonsense for good.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote