The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-01-2023, 10:23 AM   #21
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Can't think of anything that annoys me, but I've never understood why people think the Party Wagon and the Turtle Van are one in the same. Nearly every detail is different. Hell they don't even have the engine in the same place, the Party Wagon is clearly a Volkswagen while the Turtle Van is some amalgamation of a 1970s American van.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 02:46 PM   #22
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Definitely people who compare every single iteration of the turtles that come out to the 80s cartoon and get mad and pissy that it's not like it. Like seriously stop doing that, every version of turtles are different not every series have to be the 80s. Hell the 80s turtles are nothing like the OG turtles that started it all that is one thing that needs to die out imo.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 04:39 AM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Nothing can annoy me about fans now.
Its like I am past the point of anger and just in a state of apathy about franchise.

Last edited by Sumac; 05-10-2023 at 04:14 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 03:29 PM   #24
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
- Fans repeating that 1987 Shredder was voiced by "Uncle Phil" or that Kevin Nash played Super Shredder over and over again.
- Obsessing about the TMNT's sexual orientations.
- Fans thinking that no matter the incarnation: TMNT = Pizza and Cowabunga
- A gripe with fan art: in most group shots, Mikey is almost always being drawn suffing his face with pizza while all the other TMNT look badass.
- Fans thinking "if you don't like ROTMNT, you're a close-minded, toxic POS hater" and shoving that show(or any other incarnation for that matter) down other people's throats.
- Utroms = Krang.
- People saying that Usagi Yojimbo is a TMNT character.
- "TMNT can't work unless it's strictly for kids"

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"

Last edited by Anarchistguy; 06-14-2023 at 08:45 AM.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 03:38 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Nothing an annoy me about fans now.
Its like I am past the point of anger and just in a state of apathy about franchise.
Basically. Every once in a while I'll try and be at least open to something new coming up being great, though. Like, "IDW TMNT... hey, this isn't too bad, maybe in time they will... oh, nevermind." Or "Hmm... so they reshot a lot of TMNT 2014? Maybe they knew what they were doing? Maybe it... oh. Hmf." Or "Hey! Seth Rogen. Who knows, maybe this guy is like a huge covert TMNT fan and is going to... oh, no. No, there's no way."

The bar is so, so low right now, though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:40 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Pretty much this.

I have pretty much given up.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:47 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
I liked IDW up until the "Dark Leo" thing. That was just too dumb and turned me off the series.
I think I hung on a couple issues past that but yeah, that was my jumping off point for sure.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:40 PM   #28
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

I hate it when people diss the old cartoon. It was just the right combo of quirky and zany. No other cartoon was quite like it at the time. Sure it would have been more awesome if they actually used their weapons more during fights and maybe stabbed some of their enemies that weren't robots, but we all know they couldn't have gotten away with that in a kids show at that time. I stopped watching the show around 1995 and started watching it again around 2019 when I bought the dvds. I found the show really charming even as an adult. So many people around here act like the show was worthless or just downright awful. Some people think that anything after the 2nd season was terrible. I just don't understand the hate.

Last edited by Mad Dog McMutt; 05-19-2023 at 07:21 AM.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:00 AM   #29
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
I hate it when people diss the old cartoon. It was just the right combo of quirky and zany. No other cartoon was quite like it at the time. Sure it would have been more awesome if they actually used their weapons more during fights and maybe stabbed some of their enemies that weren't robots, but we all know they couldn't have gotten away with that in a kids show at that time. I stopped watching the show around 1995 and started watching it again around 2019 when I bought the dvds. I found the show really charming even as an adult. So many people around here act like the show was worthless or just downright awful. Some people think that anything after the 2nd season was terrible. I just don't understand the hate.
It's not that people are dissing it, it's that (at least for me) just over-referenced so much by other TMNT shows that it's lost it's originality. It's old popularity is also used to'justify' why TMNT should never move beyond being a kiddy franchise, pizza obsession, or being silly and slapstick. I was a fan (and still am) of the '87 show, but even I got annoyed when everything that came after still tried to BE the '87 show.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 02:41 PM   #30
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

- Fans of the 80s series not accepting changes the later versions make and cry about it. Eh I’ve come across a lot on YouTube for the new movie

- Not accepting different versions of April, so she’s black? Whatever. Then again I wasn’t really a fan of her character to begin with, I grew to like her in the 2003 version. Still, she was white in that version and was dating a human boy, I’m ok with the changes.

- People ragging on Leo, saying he’s boring just for only watching the 80’s version and sticking to that opinion.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:13 AM   #31
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Stubborn, humorless person can make for intersting characters. What's realy annoys me is that, sometimes, Leo's code of honor has always been a plot armor for some villains get away with it. If he won't give some heinous unrepentant villains a secend chance and cut their throats without hesitation. That will make him more intersting.
TheLabRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 04:41 AM   #32
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I grew to like her in the 2003 version. Still, she was white in that version and was dating a human boy
You know April and Casey were an item in the comics right?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 09:57 AM   #33
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
It’s hard to narrow down to just one thing. As this site is proven since it’s launch, the fandom is becoming too damn toxic & over opinionated that it makes ya both happy and sad to be a fan and that’s my opinion lol

Quote:
That’s actually pretty good

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:57 AM   #34
Hans Flying Turtlenecker
Thug

For me, it's whenever fan artists decides to flip the blades on Shredders armor.
(photoshopped picture just to show what I mean.)
tmnt_shredder_80s_style_render_by_jpninja426_dfsome3 copy.jpg
Hans Flying Turtlenecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 08:28 PM   #35
Wednesday's Serial
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
- Fans repeating that 1987 Shredder was voiced by "Uncle Phil" or that Kevin Nash played Super Shredder over and over again.
- Obsessing about the TMNT's sexual orientations.
- Fans thinking that no matter the incarnation: TMNT = Pizza and Cowabunga
- A gripe with fan art: in most group shots, Mikey is almost always being drawn suffing his face with pizza while all the other TMNT look badass.
- Fans thinking "if you don't like ROTMNT, you're a close-minded, toxic POS hater" and shoving that show(or any other incarnation for that matter) down other people's throats.
- Utroms = Krang.
- People saying that Usagi Yojimbo is a TMNT character.
- "TMNT can't work unless it's strictly for kids"

Well this is a pretty great list, hard to add to it.
Wednesday's Serial is offline   Reply With Quote