The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-04-2023, 11:16 AM   #81
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Did she apologize for being a stupid hypocrite, or did they leave fault with Clark for keeping a secret from his week-long girlfriend?
They had more time to talk and stand off in between the rescue mission, at one point she asked Clark if he was pretending to love her as part of his cover.

I think the coat/hand hold was the apology.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:50 PM   #82
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Lois jumped out of the window to prove he’s superman what a crazy bit*h. Then she got angry and mad at him I hate her so much. Clark shouldn’t have flew to save her, he should’ve did like in the live action movie just blew her to land on a fruit stall.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 09:47 PM   #83
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
They had more time to talk and stand off in between the rescue mission, at one point she asked Clark if he was pretending to love her as part of his cover.

I think the coat/hand hold was the apology.
Got to watch it...I couldn't help but roll my eyes at every part with both lois and clark in it. She looks like, for just a moment that she kind of sort of feels bad, but never apologizes for how she acts, while Clark falls over himself to apologize for having a secret (that she consistently and passionately threatened to reveal to the world).

Hell, after she yelled at him for asking about one of her 'secrets' ("not that you will ever get to know") she yelled at him for having a secret...to have her take a pause only when he might have died to save her life. He had to jump on a philosophical grenade to have her consider him as a person who might want a secret. Fkin Btch...

Everything outside of that? Pretty good.

Last edited by Bahamut810; 08-04-2023 at 09:56 PM.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 02:04 AM   #84
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just a new 15 second clip...we're getting multiverse woes next with a council of Lois straight out of Rick and Morty.
Old 08-06-2023, 10:08 AM   #85
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
She looks like, for just a moment that she kind of sort of feels bad, but never apologizes for how she acts, while Clark falls over himself to apologize for having a secret (that she consistently and passionately threatened to reveal to the world).
I hate that sort of thing. More of this 'the woman is always right no matter what and the man has to apologize even though he did nothing wrong' BS. Teaching kids how to have toxic relationships, because that is the only kind of relationship the writers ever know and ever experienced.

Lois will never apologize because the writers feels she has nothing to apologize about.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 10:22 AM   #86
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I hate that sort of thing. More of this 'the woman is always right no matter what and the man has to apologize even though he did nothing wrong' BS. Teaching kids how to have toxic relationships, because that is the only kind of relationship the writers ever know and ever experienced.

Lois will never apologize because the writers feels she has nothing to apologize about.
That was the gist. The only person who had any reflection at all that they were at fault was clark as, in the middle of a fire fight, Jimmy and Lois *demanded* to know why he kept being superman a secret. Instead of throwing out there that people may find out he is fighting crime and the people around him would be in danger or something...he was afraid that people might not like him. I understand that he might have just grabbed the first thing in a tight moment...but come on.

Edit: On reflection that being the first thing is probably the right way to go for his explanation... I think that this is what this version of Clark is about. Still does not change that the only person who is actually in the wrong in the entire thing is Lois and she gets a pass.

Last edited by Bahamut810; 08-06-2023 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-11-2023, 12:54 AM   #87
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Episode 7

Adult Swim: "We have Across the Spider-Verse at home"

We learn during all the chaos with chasing Mxy that the League of Lois were all assembled by the Fleischer era Lane, there are cameos from the DCAU Lois too, as well as several of the 'evil Supermen' we've seen in comics. Yes, the big thing about the Leauge of Lois is they all distrust Superman because they've seen universes where he goes insane or becomes a dictator, so they're openly hostile to this show's Superman. Our Lois doesn't lose faith however and gives Clark their first kiss during a confrontation between Mxy and the Leauge.

However, afterwards Myx shows us how ineffective the Leauge of Lois are against him, easily breaking out of prison and giving our Lois a shard of Kryptonite, telling her that she'll figure it out

I like that there definitely now seems to be a counter-reaction in the multiverse to DC's regular foray into 'evil superman" stories, actually setting up a league of Lois to hold them accountable is a trick missing from a lot of adaptations, where usually Lois is the victim/catalyst of it all.

So we might just get in the finale a moment where Lois' kryptonite comes into effect, Clark wonders how Lois got it, and we find over time Lois didn't tell Clark that she got it from Mxy, and Clark would get mad that Lois kept a secret from him, the tables would be turned and they fall out, leaving us with the cliffhanger of season one. I also think they could bring Lana into the end of the first season and set up a triangle for season two if that happens with Lois trying to win Clark back
Old 08-11-2023, 08:27 AM   #88
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So we might just get in the finale a moment where Lois' kryptonite comes into effect, Clark wonders how Lois got it, and we find over time Lois didn't tell Clark that she got it from Mxy, and Clark would get mad that Lois kept a secret from him, the tables would be turned and they fall out, leaving us with the cliffhanger of season one. I also think they could bring Lana into the end of the first season and set up a triangle for season two if that happens with Lois trying to win Clark back
I don't know...the show seems to celebrate her wildly. It does not really fit into their story telling style for her to face the repercussions of her actions, just like she didn't in this past episode when it was Clark at fault for having a secret, not Lois for demanding he comes out the closet to her.

I could be and hope I am wrong. But, realistically I don't think they would portray her at fault for something like that.
Old 08-11-2023, 09:03 AM   #89
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So with this council or Ri... I mean Lois, did any of them look like the Timmverse Lois as a gag or were they all just the same Lois in different clothes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 08-11-2023, 12:38 PM   #90
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

What the **** happened to Mister Mxyzptlk???

Is this Superman or Dragon Ball Z?

Does this mean Lex Luthor will look like Android 16 in this universe?
Old 08-11-2023, 12:40 PM   #91
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/.../maws107-1.jpg

Have you seen their rendition of Deathstroke? I wouldn't be surprised if Lex looked more like Android 17

Old 08-11-2023, 12:50 PM   #92
Dpooly84
Banned

Why hasn't this been dragged out to the back yard and been put down yet? Is this part of Gunns new vision for DC? Is this gunns superman? Pretty f'n pathetic if so.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 12:51 PM   #93
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Have you seen their rendition of Deathstroke?
Yeah, I saw. Even Teen Titans Go! Slade looked more like Deathstroke than…whoever that is.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:20 PM   #94
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Have you seen their rendition of Deathstroke? I wouldn't be surprised if Lex looked more like Android 17
Some of the designs are good/ok and some aren't. I didn't like Live Wire or Slade, but Parasite and "The General" (Aka Sam Lane) is really cool.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:53 PM   #95
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
So with this council or Ri... I mean Lois, did any of them look like the Timmverse Lois as a gag or were they all just the same Lois in different clothes.
Timmverse Lois was commemorated as a holographic? Display in the League’s Hall of Fame or whatever.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 02:39 PM   #96
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

The weird thing is that his goal in the episode is to obtain a bowler hat that looks like it belongs to a more typical Mxyzptlk, but then it turns into a crown when he puts it on. So I'm guessing he did/can look like a more "normal" Mxyzptlk design, he just decided to look like this for some reason.

As for Lex Luthor, he has probably already shown up.
Spoiler:
He looks a bit like Ron Weasley wearing glasses.

What I'm more curious is what Brainiac will look like. We know he's going to be in the show already and all the robots are implied to be reverse engineered from him, so probably either something like the robotic skeleton or one the versions that barely/don't bother to pass themselves off as a living being?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:10 PM   #97
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Got to watch the episode.

I like the idea of a League of Lois Lanes, I wish there was a more classic design in the active group but whatever. I think its a really cool plot element that across an infinite multiverse that the surviving lois' would band together (once they were able to get the correct tech from Lex or something) to try to stop the evil Supermen and just go too far.

However, The episode started by confirming that Clark was at fault for having a secret instead of some combination of her being overbearing and him feeling somewhat bad about it or something instead of being just implied. Nope. Just him never allowed to have a secret from his crush. They also put waaaay to much time making out.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:12 PM   #98
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The weird thing is that his goal in the episode is to obtain a bowler hat that looks like it belongs to a more typical Mxyzptlk, but then it turns into a crown when he puts it on. So I'm guessing he did/can look like a more "normal" Mxyzptlk design, he just decided to look like this for some reason.
The hat really seemed like just a call back to his prior incarnations, considering how many designs they are stealing from anime in this. They probably thought that leaving it as the classic bowler hat would remove some of him being intimidating at that moment.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:23 AM   #99
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Episode 8. Awesome episode! Introduced the new 'classic villians', Clark (not superman) has to deal with more of his powers and his hero complex leading to very little with Lois and Clark together. Her staying a hypocrite is up in the air because there was just no time for her to make that decision or not which would normally be a nice buildup.

Last edited by Bahamut810; 08-20-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:52 AM   #100
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I always fall asleep before the midnight premieres.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote