The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #581
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've heard him speak enough to definitely say that term would apply to him. Reparations, UBI, all that stuff.
Hmm. He certainly wasn't advocating those things back when I used to pay attention to him. Maybe he's improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I did think we were talking about Rosario, but here's the thing about her - regardless of her political leanings I haven't heard too much of her word vomit which means that she's balanced by and large against the people who talk loud nowadays.
She was a literal surrogate for Bernie, spoke at his rallies and everything. She did many interviews back during his first campaign. She's very outspoken about her left leaning politics. Maybe you've missed it but it's there.

Quote:
You are a Technodrome poster who speaks in blanket statements and polarizing views on everything, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing more. You only think I do the same, but again that speaks to you, not to me
No blanket statements there.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 03:47 PM   #582
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I just made it to the series finale of Voyager again. I must say, the more times I watch this series finale, the more I really loathe it... and I began loving it.

It just seems CHEAP. Both literally, in that they barely spent any money on it (beyond a few short and admittedly impressive exterior CGI offerings of Borg cubes and the transwarp hub exploding... even when you see the Queen, it's clearly just on one very tight set that she never leaves like they only shot her for about one hour on 1 day) and CHEAP in that the last 30,000 light years or so just gets handed to them by help from Old Janeway from the future.

Like, imagine if "All Good Things" (TNG) began with them being judged once more by Q, found guilty on all counts, and just before being executed... Old Picard shows up from 20 years in the future and tells Young Picard, "NO NO NO... here, these are the correct answers to Q's questions that will spare your lives and pass the test!"

That'd be retarded. So is this.

And yeah... there should have been a third part, an epilogue ON Earth. It didn't need to be much but it should never have been nothing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:37 AM   #583
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So the Borg Queen will be a recurring character in season 2 of Picard. The Borg, the Borg Queen, time travel and Q... lol... it's almost like hacks were writing this from a TNG wiki of what they think fans want.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/werschi...een-in-picard/
Old 09-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #584
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So the Borg Queen will be a recurring character in season 2 of Picard. The Borg, the Borg Queen, time travel and Q... lol... it's almost like hacks were writing this from a TNG wiki of what they think fans want.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/werschi...een-in-picard/
It's weird that things are so far gone that even with all sorts of cliche fan service like "Q" and "The Borg Queen" that this could be an epic fail just like Season 1 - bringing Data back to life just to kill him again all while there is a new synth body that he could use lying around yet they kill Picard and put him in it - at the same age and statue that he died.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #585
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm still a little sour about data, I really thought they were building to bringing him back, but my fault for making that assumption.

I never really liked Q but it doesn't shock me that they would bring him back.

Any news on where they are with filming this season?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #586
CyberCubed
Overlord

Data's death even dating back to Nemesis in 2002 was because Brent Spiner felt he was getting too old to play an ageless android. Remember back then they had no idea that would be the last TNG movie, at the time they thought they would go on a little longer. It's only after the movie bombed that the Star Trek movies ended and then they rebooted them a few years later in 2009.

Brent Spiner only came back to give Data a proper sendoff he didn't get in 2002. Picard got to say goodbye to him this time and Data got to feel what it is to be human to age and then to die. Honestly Data's "real" death in Picard almost makes his death back in Nemesis worthwhile.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:19 AM   #587
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Data's death even dating back to Nemesis in 2002 was because Brent Spiner felt he was getting too old to play an ageless android. Remember back then they had no idea that would be the last TNG movie, at the time they thought they would go on a little longer. It's only after the movie bombed that the Star Trek movies ended and then they rebooted them a few years later in 2009.

Brent Spiner only came back to give Data a proper sendoff he didn't get in 2002. Picard got to say goodbye to him this time and Data got to feel what it is to be human to age and then to die. Honestly Data's "real" death in Picard almost makes his death back in Nemesis worthwhile.
None of that is true. Brent Spiner came back because he enjoys not being unemployed and they killed him off because Spock in Wrath of Khan. They didn't even bother to hide the "he'll be back in the next movie as B4!" way out in it.

He didn't, of course, because nobody saw Nemesis and it failed. Though Kurtzman and company would have you believe it was everyone getting tired of Star Trek and not, you know, the general public not paying to see movies that are horrible.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-04-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:12 AM   #588
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Renewed for a third season

https://twitter.com/StarTrekOnPPlus/...07795882905603

And trailer for season two

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-09-2021 at 01:18 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:56 AM   #589
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Good grief. Now I get it. Q violates the Q continuum (this is all of the De Lancie going around telling anyone who asks on Cameo that Q is all different now) by changing time for 300 years to make Patrick Stewart fight a Trump-like status quo in our present (or specifically I suspect a one that is about 10 or 20 years in our future, so kind of a "imagine 10-20 years in the future of a Trump kind of presidency and how apocalyptic and "1984" it would be). Assuredly victoriously. And by season's end they stamp out the quasi-Trumpist figures they encounter and celebrate at the end and Q smiles before restoring the timeline, lesson learned and all.

This all checks out.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-09-2021 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:13 AM   #590
IMJ
Emperor

More Hollywood nonsense about Trump-era dictatorship that never even remotely happened in real life. Not even by a stretch. All through a time travel story that basically mimics First Contact.

I don't know. It's not Star Trek. It's something else using Star Trek I.P.'s.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:32 AM   #592
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What? They're even still shooting? They've been shooting this season while STD has been shooting this season and the last.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:17 PM   #593
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is this series only going to be 30 episodes long?
Old 01-21-2022, 12:12 PM   #595
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well. They did what they could with Whoopi there. She actually looks better than I thought she would. She looks way younger than she is now... but sadly not much they could do about the fat.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:03 PM   #596
CyberCubed
Overlord

Time traveling to the modern era? Why? With only 10 episodes a season it's a waste of episodes.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:06 PM   #597
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Time traveling to the modern era? Why? With only 10 episodes a season it's a waste of episodes.
And we don't even know a thing about the CURRENT era of STP! What the Klingons are up to, the Romulans, or even Starfleet. Now, let's blow 5-6 out of 10 of these episodes on a Trumpian 2024? Now more than ever, people want to watch Star Trek to escape our present and think about an optimistic future... so instead of giving audiences that, they are LITERALLY forcing audiences back to the present day Earth?

#1, they're hacks. #2, it's mostly because they don't have any good budget and what they do have, they keep giving to Discuckery.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:20 PM   #598
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean it would be so bad if there were 20 ep seasons like it used to be, so you can have a bunch of episodes spent on fillers or random stories like Star Trek always had. But with only 10 episodes you really don't have much time but the "main plot" and that's the problem.

People always used to complain about 22-26 episode seasons where there would always be some forgettable/boring eps thrown in the mix, but I feel that's absolutely required to cover everything in a show properly.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:59 PM   #599
Vegita-San
Emperor

did they borrow some of their music from the flash? I half expected to see picard zooming like barry.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:29 PM   #600
IMJ
Emperor

-sigh-

Not lookin' good. Again.

So much post-Nemesis that could've been addressed. But instead we will see a scummy little ship somehow dogfighting several Federation vessels with a Picard who can barely move and a "crew" that nobody cares about at all. Running around 2024 Earth.

2024. Earth. In Post-Nemesis Star Trek.

That's who you make a cheaper show, folks. Modern period-piece installments. Just walk outside and film.