The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #281
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

For an experiment, try this... completely divorce yourself from any nostalgia for the OT and Han Solo and Kessel Run or "oooooh more Millennium Falcon!" or whatever... you're never seen any of that stuff.

Is it still a good trailer?

I'm not saying I have an answer. I'm just interested to see what people say.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:25 PM   #282
CyberCubed
Overlord

You'd have to show this to a non-Star Wars fan or someone with no interest in Star Wars and see what they think. It's hard to look at this trailer with people familiar with the franchise and to have a sort of non-bias view on it. (whether either good or bad)
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:06 AM   #283
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I believe in Donald Glover.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:28 AM   #284
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
For an experiment, try this... completely divorce yourself from any nostalgia for the OT and Han Solo and Kessel Run or "oooooh more Millennium Falcon!" or whatever... you're never seen any of that stuff.

Is it still a good trailer?

I'm not saying I have an answer. I'm just interested to see what people say.
It depends. It doesn't really tell you anything about the plot, which may be good or bad depending on your point of view. It looks exciting, visually stylish, and the imagery works well with the music. I'd probably watch this if it had nothing to do with Star Wars.

The nostalgia free reading may point to a problem in the long-run though, because when I put my goggles back on, the big negative is that that dude is pretending to be Han Solo. The only other thing I've seen him in was Hail Caesar, and I thought he was great in that, but admittedly he was playing a very arch character.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 AM   #285
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I don't even care about Han Solo, Milennium Falcon or Lando (it's always just Luke & Leia for me) and I'm hyped for the film.

Well maybe because of Donald Glover, but still.

Why am I even hyped for him I don't even know - I think I only saw him act in Spiderman Homecoming and his character was a shady smuggler. Maybe because he's radiating with charisma? ._. Or maybe that poster of him as Lando sold me totally.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:37 AM   #286
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I still say they shouldda went with Anthony Ingruber.

Also, what is up with Disney and adding tentacle monsters to Star Wars?
3 out of 4 movies have them unless theres one in Last Jedi I'm not remembering.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #287
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Two out of three of the originals had tentacle monsters in them.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #288
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm curious about how this movie is going to end. You know how in Rogue One it ends before the start of Episode 4 with a young version of Princess Leia?

What if the movie ends with Han Solo and Chewbacca being in the Cantina on Tatooine. you see them sitting on a table chilling out when all of a sudden a figure shows up in front them. and it turns out to be Alec Guinness as Obi Wan Kenobi.

Using the same technology to create a young version of Carrie Fisher and Peter Cushing. But using it to bring Alec Guinness back
Old 02-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #289
CyberCubed
Overlord

This movie takes place a decade or two before Episode 4. Unless you mean they're do a time skip at the very end, but there's no point for that.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #290
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This movie takes place a decade or two before Episode 4. Unless you mean they're do a time skip at the very end, but there's no point for that.
I think this movie will do a time skip similar to Rogue One where we see Han Solo as a kid, and then show him as an adult.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #291
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Can't be too much before ANH... Han (the character, to be clear) was only 29 in it. Even saying "Solo" is 10 years before... that means he's only 19.

Also, Alden is only 5 years younger than Harrison was in ANH.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #292
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm curious about how this movie is going to end. You know how in Rogue One it ends before the start of Episode 4 with a young version of Princess Leia?

What if the movie ends with Han Solo and Chewbacca being in the Cantina on Tatooine. you see them sitting on a table chilling out when all of a sudden a figure shows up in front them. and it turns out to be Alec Guinness as Obi Wan Kenobi.

Using the same technology to create a young version of Carrie Fisher and Peter Cushing. But using it to bring Alec Guinness back
That is a terrible idea and there is no chance that happens.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #293
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Exactly, I think this movie might be something I could get into it if it didn't have any established characters in it.
This.

So much effort has clearly gone into this, & visually, it pays off. The graphics, designs, general feel, are all very, very cool, but it doesn't remotely evoke the days of yore. Like, not even a little. What makes it look awesome is all the new original stuff going on, but the fact they're riding the nostalgia wave completely ruins it. Besides, the problem with a lot of these prequels is that the design teams don't approach things with the same perspective as their predecessors- which is to say it completely lacks the 70's/80's aesthetic. It looks so very modern. That's cool for new stuff, certainly, but it's a big handicap in films like this, IMO. & then of course the leads look nothing like the actors or characters they're supposed to be, which can be forgivable depending on the performance, but eh...

On a whole, this just makes me wish Disney was making entirely new Star Wars stuff, or using EU content that would be new to casuals/the masses. They come up with some pretty amazing looking droids & aliens, I could get into it if they weren't saddled with appealing to those who wanna see the same characters over and over.

That said, I'm not a Star Wars fan. So whatever.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #294
Vegita-San
Emperor

the kathleen kennedy press junket has begun.

'Han Solo is ONLY surrounded by strong women'

sigh.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/08/emil...ar-wars-story/

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #295
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Quote:
We’re seeing a lot of strong women in the Star Wars movies now, with Rey, Jyn Erso, Rose, Phasma, Ahsoka, Padme, Holdo, and others now standing alongside Leia. Does Qi’ra fit into that tradition of strong warrior women?
There was an Ahsoka movie? Damn, I must have missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #296
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I wish there was an Ahsoka movie.

I think he's just referring to Ahsoka being in the Clone Wars movie.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #297
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

George Lucas helped direct a scene. Sort of.

https://screenrant.com/solo-star-war...as-ron-howard/
Old 02-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #298
Vegita-San
Emperor

Supposedly george lucas 'visiting the set' has since turned into 'george lucas directed a small scene in solo'.

I also heard he is, for some reason, now scouting locations for the kenobi movie?

Anyone else claim damage control? even if this where proven to be true? Trying to win fans back after they tried to push them all away..?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #299
Vegita-San
Emperor

saw a new rumor that apparently the chick in the movie is the lead, and solo is a guest in his own film. wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #300
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
saw a new rumor that apparently the chick in the movie is the lead, and solo is a guest in his own film. wouldn't surprise me one bit.
OK, now you're just trolling. The name of the movie is Han Solo, he is the main character in the movie and it is his prequel origin story, it was cast around him. The female lead in the movie is a co-star, same for Lando.

Your disgusting misogynistic war on women is just pathetic at this point.

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story