The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2022, 04:49 PM   #861
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior
 
joe-eyeball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 596
Yeah I get that it’s all about a cost effective approach but they still run the risk of allowing the line to become stale due to releasing less desirable products when you’ve got popular and sure fire sellers in your back pocket.

You mentioned the flocked Panthor which is shockingly shelf warming in my area which took two years for me to snag at retail. This adds to my concerns of the line slowing down just when it felt like it was hitting its stride.

I just badly want this line to continue because it is easily fas far as I’m concerned the best thing to happen for MOTU since the originals.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:17 PM   #862
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Someone on the forum sincerely posited that there's been no announcement about a follow-up to "Revelation" because "They don't want to take away from the popularity of the CGI show."
More millenial and Y'er derangement. The simple fact is that Revelations was woke $#!( and it was widely rejected. The end. The weirdos that enjoy this stuff have loud mouths and seem like a larger group online than they really are.

But nobody considers the negative information - the information that you don't see. For every liberal loudmouth of Twitter there are 10 normal people who reject this $#!( without saying a word. I'd be one of them but I believe that as of sometime back some amount of pushback was warranted - and still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
I fear this line is running out of steam! I only say that because since it started every wave would get scooped up instantly with the exception of the basic He-man and Skeletor and it could be difficult to find certain figures at retail. Now the latest wave of figures plus the deluxe figs and Stridor are warming the pegs and have been all over my area for the last month and a half. Hope I’m wrong but I guess we’ll see.

I’m a little disappointed with the choices being made on figures that are being produced. I mean don’t we need characters like Clawful, Mossman, and the Snake Men before Anti-Eternian He-man and Sun Man? Also I want Snake Mountain!
I think it's possible that we are seeing some peg warming because most people are now just pre-ordering the waves instead of waiting on horribly distributed Wal-Mart and Target exclusives. And least I hope it's true and my point of data for that is this is basically how I've proceeded since wave 3.

I'm pretty excited for Sun-Man. It's a new character for me and I think the character design is really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
You mentioned the flocked Panthor which is shockingly shelf warming in my area which took two years for me to snag at retail. This adds to my concerns of the line slowing down just when it felt like it was hitting its stride.
I saw a flocked Panthor some time back at Wal-Mart just before Leo piqued my interest in this line. I haven't seen one since - I wish I would've bought it.

I also try to avoid wal-mart like the plague so I don't care there for follow-up very often.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:23 PM   #863
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The simple fact is that Revelations was woke $#!(
Compared to the CGI show with "Ram-Ma'am" and Black Teela and "WE Have The Power?" No, man, it actually wasn't.

The CGI reboot is absolutely drowning in "woke sh*t" so by all means if you want to rip that one apart go ahead, in that case it's actually justified. In Revelation's case it's projecting, though.

What tickles me is, a ton of people who did call Revelation "woke sh*t" because of Teela's haircut turned right around and started praising the CGI reboot... some nonsense about "Yeah well it's a reboot so they don't have to follow any 'rules', and so the race- and gender-flipping is acceptable in this case but in MOTU:R's case it's a violation." Like no, man, race- and gender-flipping is always bad, it's not acceptable, and it's just evidence of people deciding they hated MOTU:R a year in advance BUT they choose to support the CGI show because they don't want to be accused of "hating everything". Even though if their logic had any consistency, they'd hate the reboot MORE than the other show.

Anyway, yeah, Fight The Real Enemy. The fact that the same people who cried about Revelation being "woke sh*t" but won't say a word about the reboot when the CGI show gives them a LOT more to complain about tells me a lot - the former show got a lot of media hype, the reboot is invisible and nobody knows it exists, and there's no point in raging against things that won't get them any attention for doing so. BUT if they wanted to at least present the veneer of consistency, they'd be even more vocal in attacking the reboot.

The fact that the reboot is so incredibly over-the-top "woke sh*t" is a big reason I don't care about it. That and the f*cking stupid character designs. I forget who first coined the phrase "Fortnight He-Man" but that's forever what it's called in my head, now.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 09:02 AM   #864
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Compared to the CGI show with "Ram-Ma'am" and Black Teela and "WE Have The Power?" No, man, it actually wasn't.

The CGI reboot is absolutely drowning in "woke sh*t" so by all means if you want to rip that one apart go ahead, in that case it's actually justified. In Revelation's case it's projecting, though.

What tickles me is, a ton of people who did call Revelation "woke sh*t" because of Teela's haircut turned right around and started praising the CGI reboot... some nonsense about "Yeah well it's a reboot so they don't have to follow any 'rules', and so the race- and gender-flipping is acceptable in this case but in MOTU:R's case it's a violation." Like no, man, race- and gender-flipping is always bad, it's not acceptable, and it's just evidence of people deciding they hated MOTU:R a year in advance BUT they choose to support the CGI show because they don't want to be accused of "hating everything". Even though if their logic had any consistency, they'd hate the reboot MORE than the other show.

Anyway, yeah, Fight The Real Enemy. The fact that the same people who cried about Revelation being "woke sh*t" but won't say a word about the reboot when the CGI show gives them a LOT more to complain about tells me a lot - the former show got a lot of media hype, the reboot is invisible and nobody knows it exists, and there's no point in raging against things that won't get them any attention for doing so. BUT if they wanted to at least present the veneer of consistency, they'd be even more vocal in attacking the reboot.

The fact that the reboot is so incredibly over-the-top "woke sh*t" is a big reason I don't care about it. That and the f*cking stupid character designs. I forget who first coined the phrase "Fortnight He-Man" but that's forever what it's called in my head, now.
I'm sorry man, I stand by Revelations as woke $#!( and provided a myriad of direct examples for it in a post somewhere specifically as evidence against bias.

But I haven't watched the CGi show at all. Basically at immediate glance I determined that animation style and so on is so far outside of my wheelhouse that it wasn't even remotely for me, woke $#!( or not. But the CGi show being woke $#!( by comparison of Revelations only means that the CGi show is worse, not that Revelations is better.

But we are going to have to agree to disagree on Revelations - lot more there than Teela's woke $#!( haircut, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:41 PM   #865
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:21 PM   #866
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Wow. They are all kids, Stratos is basically Marvel's Falcon, Man-At-Arms is Samus from metroid, and Mosquitor is a chick now, and more I'm sure.

Oh well.

Either way I can see how kids nowadays should think it's great. So that's cool. But even as a kid, I wasn't drawn in by the clich "kids want to see kids as Heroes" nonsense. I was happy seeing guys that I could aspire to be, even before I knew the word "aspire".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:26 PM   #867
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Mosquitor is a chick now
Well, I don't really want to be that guy but... Male mosquitoes don't suck blood, they don't even have the ability to bite. I know the character is an alien but still, if it's sold on looking like a mosquito and is even named after one...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:31 PM   #868
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 5,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well, I don't really want to be that guy but... Male mosquitoes don't suck blood, they don't even have the ability to bite. I know the character is an alien but still, if it's sold on looking like a mosquito and is even named after one...




This post was equally awesome as it was one that missed the mark and landed in Napolean Dynamite territory.

But I'm going to tip into the awesome post area because....

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #869
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
A recap of the first season

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:04 AM   #870
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
I read spoilers for season two so I know what happens at the end with one character (who I had a hunch was going to prove more unlikeable during the first season), and it's cool that they didn't shy away from it or nip in the bud. It was a toxic relationship and it could only go one way

Watched the first episode of the season proper and it's very light-hearted and lots of fun. Stratos has a jive to him and is infectiously full of himself, the ring chase thing is like something out of Superman 64.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:07 AM   #871
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,379
Anyone know what the initial episode order for this was?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #872
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Anyone know what the initial episode order for this was?
26 episodes were ordered, with a total of three seasons, (S1: Ten, S2: Eight, S3: Eight)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:52 PM   #873
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
26 episodes were ordered, with a total of three seasons, (S1: Ten, S2: Eight, S3: Eight)
So literally just one normal season cut into pieces? Pretty typical for Netflix.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:00 PM   #874
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,716
Apparently the script for the movie sucked and they had to go back to the drawing board again - Let's face it, this movie is NEVER getting made, period - but the people making it are still talking, and they're making me HOPE it never gets made.

https://www.slashfilm.com/797799/mas...ragnarok-sxsw/

"Similar to Thor: Ragnarok", huh? So basically, they're just gonna sh*t all over the characters and the lore, treat it all like the Dumbest F*cking Sh*t Ever, and openly mock the audience to their face for ever liking or taking any of it seriously. Every dumb meme or joke anyone with a 6-year old's sense of humor ever made, that's what the movie is gonna be, huh?

"Awesome".

I'd rather open up both my wrists with a vegetable peeler than sit through "Ragnarok". It's everything I hate about these kinds of movies - "This stuff is SO DUMB, and if you like it, so are you! LOOK, they're wearing CAPES! What nonsense!" - and if that's the approach they're going with, I want nothing to do with it.

Good thing it's never gonna get made anyway. But still. Goes to show what these numbnuts are thinking over there. Are they even aware that a ton of MOTU fans hate the Filmation cartoon? And that of the ones who don't "hate" it, they'd at least prefer something less balls-out goofy for a goddamn live-action movie?

I mean c'mon. Filmation MOTU (like FW TMNT) was what it was specifically because they were made for 5-year old kids and had parents and censors to appease. A live-action film should not be beholden to that same level of dumbf*ckery, I'm sorry.

But again, it's never gonna get made, so all this steam I'm blowing doesn't really matter. Just needed to vent.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:49 AM   #875
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
Ha, so an "Out of the Shadows" situation...yeah, see how that works for you (I'm a die hard OOTS apologist, but I know that film wasn't an answer to any important question)

The current CG He-Man show has this precise kind of vibe already, but that's niche as beans also.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:19 PM   #876
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
It appears Revelation is getting a sequel.


https://foreternia.com/2022/03/scare...rse-revelation
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #877
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It appears Revelation is getting a sequel.


https://foreternia.com/2022/03/scare...rse-revelation
So basically, it's getting a third season?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 04:35 PM   #878
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So basically, it's getting a third season?
This would be it's official second season, the other two volumes are the first
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:52 PM   #879
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 19,712
Hamil is back as Skeletor

https://twitter.com/MarkHamill/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:56 PM   #880
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,716
I wonder what sort of things people will latch onto a year in advance to irrationally hate and never let go of THIS time?

I mean since Teela and Andra aren't gay together and Andra didn't become He-Person as everyone was so sure she would, it leaves rather slim pickins for hate-boners.

I'm sure they'll come up with something.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.