The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Oh yeah, that I agree with. I dunno why so many people feel sorry for single people, tbh. And I notice a lot people think that being single is only good if you're having one night stands and having short-lived hookups on a regular basis.

I might feel a bit envious if I see a former classmate or a friend in a happy relationship... but once babies start popping out I suddenly stop being envious and consider myself fortunate for not being a father
Oh, man, my FB feed is the sh*ts. Lots of single people lamenting the fact that they're single, and even more parents shoving their kids in everyone's face. The rest is all "wrestling people", and you know how THAT goes.

The best are my relatives; all they do is fight with their partners and yell at their kids, which they didn't want, but of COURSE on social media they're "happy" and loving life. Sometimes I wanna "out" them, just to be a dick. Like, "Remember all the times you told me how you wished you'd never gotten married? Remember when you said those kids are your single biggest regret, and especially the times you said you wished you were dead because being a parent is just that much torture?"

Instead I just chuckle, and scroll down. I don't "Like" any of those "Look at my wonderful family and how happy we are!" posts because they're lies. Obviously, they're not gonna air our family's dirty laundry in public, nor should they. But I have to laugh whenever people I know for a fact are miserable put on a fake show just so other people will like them or whatever. It's so phony and pathetic.

Frankly I can't see having kids as anything but slow-motion suicide. I hated kids when I WAS one. Forget about now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Feel free to pour extra champagne for New Years; I promise, you won't be seeing much of me in 2019. Good for all of us.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

Love you brutha.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:06 AM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Oh, man, my FB feed is the sh*ts. Lots of single people lamenting the fact that they're single, and even more parents shoving their kids in everyone's face. The rest is all "wrestling people", and you know how THAT goes.

The best are my relatives; all they do is fight with their partners and yell at their kids, which they didn't want, but of COURSE on social media they're "happy" and loving life. Sometimes I wanna "out" them, just to be a dick. Like, "Remember all the times you told me how you wished you'd never gotten married? Remember when you said those kids are your single biggest regret, and especially the times you said you wished you were dead because being a parent is just that much torture?"

Instead I just chuckle, and scroll down. I don't "Like" any of those "Look at my wonderful family and how happy we are!" posts because they're lies. Obviously, they're not gonna air our family's dirty laundry in public, nor should they. But I have to laugh whenever people I know for a fact are miserable put on a fake show just so other people will like them or whatever. It's so phony and pathetic.

Frankly I can't see having kids as anything but slow-motion suicide. I hated kids when I WAS one. Forget about now.
Tbh I don't see any of my FB friends lamenting being single. Maybe because I'm younger and most people I have added on FB are between the ages of 21-28 and thus the bitterness of approaching middle age alone hasn't struck them yet? What I do see at times, however, are decent looking girls bragging about being single and not needing a man. Then their closer female friends circlejerk with them about that. I have a feeling that's code for "I'm single and available. Feel free to hit on me" aimed at their male friends... or at least the ones they'd like to be hit on by.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, to be completely open - and I say this "with love" - a LOT of those "Why am I single?" types on my FB page could stand to hire a personal trainer and/or get an entirely new head grafted onto their neck. That would solve the problem for like 85% of them, male or female.

Not sure if anyone's let them know that that is, indeed, a big chunk of why they're single. I know I haven't. Not MY job.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Well, to be completely open - and I say this "with love" - a LOT of those "Why am I single?" types on my FB page could stand to hire a personal trainer and/or get an entirely new head grafted onto their neck. That would solve the problem for like 85% of them, male or female.

Not sure if anyone's let them know that that is, indeed, a big chunk of why they're single. I know I haven't. Not MY job.
USA has a high obese population, though. Surely many marry each other, no? . And also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ok, that was kinda mean. But anyway, I've seen COUNTLESS of couples where one of the parties is quite better looking than the other one, so I don't think looks always play into that. Just like there's people who complain about still being virgins at the age of 24(mostly guys) and then they share their photos and often either look like average dudes you run into everyday or even surprisingly decent looking guys. But due to lack of self-confidence, friend/social circles and courage to approach girls or knowing how to talk to them; they end up in a situation like that. And then only realise it by the time it's a bit late and most people they see are in long-term relationships.

I more often see good looking chicks with plain or ugly looking guys than the other way around. Everyone is shallow, but I think women are more likely to overlook a guy's not so impressive physical looks as long as he makes them laugh, has confidence and is successful. Hence why so many ugly male singers, actors and athletes get quality women. And I'm not even talking about gold diggers. Some of those women genuinely seem attracted to them.

I know a guy in HS who was short, fat and already balding by the age of 16. He was very popular and got a lot of girls. And no, he wasn't rich.

As for obese and ugly chicks... yeah, they have it worse than ugly and obese guys overall, I'd say.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:33 AM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

That's certainly a theory.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
That's certainly a theory.
Well, I might be wrong. Perhaps even gross looking women have a desperate guy or two fawning over them, dunno
Old 12-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #29
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Is it a genuine transportation problem? Or more of a, "This would be more fun with someone else?" kinda thing?

Take it from a certified Old Goat: The latter isn't true. My photo albums are FULL of pictures of me having some terrific experiences, in which my biggest regret is that I'm not the only one in the picture. Lots of people I haven't talked to in years and never will again, hopefully, and while I'm still glad I went to those places and did those things, the fact I had to share them taints those memories pretty thoroughly.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: You can't live for other people, or depend on them to make you happy. Not friends, relatives, relationship partners, whatever. Your happiness is all on you. All others betray. If you wanna go somewhere or do something, then find a way. But don't depend on someone else to facilitate it, because they may not, and don't count on having someone to share the experience with making it "better", because after that person's not in your life anymore, you're not even gonna be able to enjoy the memory.

Just worry about yourself. That's the single best bit of advice anyone can ever get.
didn't mean to drag this thread off track ..

more of a 'would just be better shared' type of thing. I can get there, but then i'm there all by myself. sometimes that's fine. like at a movie. other events are best shared, IMHO.

I can totally understand the other part of your comment though.
I took the wrong girl to her first convention.....and it was ALSO the first time I was wearing a pretty expensive costume/prop. about the only time I did it. first it didn't go well because I emailed instead of called telling I was around, and THEN she started getting impatient in the photo line, and I told her to go roam around abit and I'd call when it got moving. TWO Friggen minutes after that, the line handler called for the photo session I had, and there was no time to call her back. by the time she did come back, she had had enough of her first con and left. that was it with that heh. this is how my luck in life goes .

Now, everytime I look at that photo, I think of how badly that day went... and i felt horrible that it ruined the experience to boot.

but, I still think if you find the right person, it's more fun to share the experience .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well, I might be wrong. Perhaps even gross looking women have a desperate guy or two fawning over them, dunno
Well, maybe not desperate so much as "pragmatic". Some people are wise enough to recognize that they're not going to do any better, and a good personality can make up for lack of looks while the opposite isn't generally true long-term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
didn't mean to drag this thread off track ..

but, I still think if you find the right person, it's more fun to share the experience .
HALF-right, Prowler! Someone said it, but not anyone who we expected. (Inside joke, Vegeta, don't worry about it)

I do kinda agree. I mean, a lot of those experiences were with my wife, and definitely more fulfilling having been shared. At the same time, when we fight, there's always that lingering thought of, "If this ultimately doesn't last, I'm gonna have to get rid of a whole lot of things, and avoid ever thinking about them again." And that just sucks.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Well, maybe not desperate so much as "pragmatic". Some people are wise enough to recognize that they're not going to do any better, and a good personality can make up for lack of looks while the opposite isn't generally true long-term.
Good point.

Anyway, am I the only one who doesn't really do new year's resolutions? I mean, if I want to change things I don't need to wait until the next year to do them. Plus, I might not even know or think of doing something in 2019 atm, but might find something new in April or something. So yeah...
Old 12-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

No, I hear ya man. It's like I tell folks at the gym: "If you're waiting for the calendar to change before you start self-improving, you're already falling behind."

I feel like it's one of those things people say just to FEEL like they're doing good, without really doing anything. Since "Nobody REALLY keeps their New Year's Resolutions", after all, you're off the hook if (when) you don't stick to it. But you still get the pat on the head for "good intentions". It's stupid.

Old 12-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #33
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I have to chime in on the relationship bit here. I know some feel they are a waste, and better off without, but my own personal feeling/experience is that I have NEVER regretted mine, am far happier in mine than I ever was before we were together, and we have had, in over 21 years together, a total of FIVE "big fights". A few minor tiffs, but most were just little bickering arguments that blew over in minutes. Differences of opinion mostly. But even with all the problems we've had- mostly health-related, and a few financial issues- we've never "fallen out of love", and are as close and happy together now as we were in the beginning. Closer, even, given that we both know the other is there for each other no matter what. That's what REAL love is all about, and how it should be.

As for the rest, I fully believe that happiness is a personal thing, no you shouldn't "rely" on another for it, but if you find "the right one" to share it WITH, happiness is multiplied. Happiness is about what you want out of life and whether you have that and who you choose to share it with (if anyone), not what you HAVE, or how successful you are. Kids, even, are not a measure of happiness, unless that's what you really want. I am glad I had one, and for where/how she is now, but I would not go through that again, and had never intended to in the first place, but I am still happy, that she is here, and that she is a part of us that will live on.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Most obese people aren't attracted to obese people. Many also have a distorted view of self.

Working out takes care of a lot of things all by itself.

I'm trying to get "big" myself. I've been pumping iron since the spring.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I actually recently got out of a relationship last week. And while he isn't do great (even though it was his idea and has gone into a deeper emotional spinout because of it), I couldn't be more relieved. Because his own mental health was starting to weigh down on me in a way that was too much for me to handle as a girlfriend.

So it's probably going to be another couple years before I think I get back into another relationship, because I need to sort my own sh!t out.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:06 AM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I actually recently got out of a relationship last week. And while he isn't do great (even though it was his idea and has gone into a deeper emotional spinout because of it), I couldn't be more relieved. Because his own mental health was starting to weigh down on me in a way that was too much for me to handle as a girlfriend.
Definitely have to cut your losses at a certain point.

Quote:
it's probably going to be another couple years before I think I get back into another relationship, because I need to sort my own sh!t out.
Two years is quite the wait to get back in the game. I could see a 3 month retreat... but 2 years? Sheesh.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:10 AM   #37
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I went at least six years after my first relationship ended. Don't even have an idea of how long it could be before I try again, but I'd at least like to be living on my own first.

Maybe I shouldn't be dating guys I knew as a kid...
Old 12-17-2018, 01:22 AM   #38
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

2018 has been what it has been. I found a decent job that I'm doing well at and, I decided to keep two kitties that were orphened by their mother last year.

It's been a mixture of contentment, stress, more learning, and other what-not for me.

I won't be be sad to see 2018 depart.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #39
Vegita-San
Emperor

other topic continued in everything else forum .

as for 2018, i won't be sorry to see this one go. I'm tired of every weekend being rained out.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:45 AM   #40
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Maybe I shouldn't be dating guys I knew as a kid...
Precisely!!!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote