AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Batman/TMNT Adventures #2 Preview & Discussion

Preview here.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:40 PM   #2
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Preview looks ok. Has anyone been enjoying this mini so far? Has it been hitting the marks the previous crossover already did?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hm, Shredder has a new design in this series? Looks a bit different than Nick Shredder's armor.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I gotta admit, I'm starting to hope they somehow incorporate the Fred Wolf TMNT, especially considering they come from the same era as this version of Batman. Then again, I was hoping the IDW TMNT/New 52 Batman cross-over would include references to Superman, but no such luck there.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I gotta admit, I'm starting to hope they somehow incorporate the Fred Wolf TMNT, especially considering they come from the same era as this version of Batman. Then again, I was hoping the IDW TMNT/New 52 Batman cross-over would include references to Superman, but no such luck there.
Nah, the Archie Adventures would have worked better the Nick series does here. Its close enough to the 1987 cartoon,but Archie Adventures are one of the two version that actually would work well alongside Batman:TAS.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

Another hilarious installment in this series. So much good stuff.

Unfortunately, as much as I love Sommariva's sequentials, his Robin was pretty bad. I kept trying to hear Loren Lester's voice, but the lanky little teenager he drew had me hearing Menville. I wonder why he went in that direction?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #7
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Preview looks ok. Has anyone been enjoying this mini so far? Has it been hitting the marks the previous crossover already did?
i've been enjoying it and looking forward to more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Another hilarious installment in this series. So much good stuff.

Unfortunately, as much as I love Sommariva's sequentials, his Robin was pretty bad. I kept trying to hear Loren Lester's voice, but the lanky little teenager he drew had me hearing Menville. I wonder why he went in that direction?
yeah this one was even funnier than the first issue!!

his drawing of Robin did throw me off, but i quickly got used to it.

Spoiler:
how funny was it when Donnie saw Batgirl?
Old 12-15-2016, 01:32 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

This issue was pretty funny. Especially if you hear the voices of the cartoons in your head, especially Mikey screaming and going "Rrrrrrrrr".

Robin does look more like Teen Titans Robin than B:TAS Robin. Oh well, they're both Dick Grayson anyway, so they're the same character. I really liked the Batgirl/April interaction too, they look so similar with both orange hair in this version.

Joker outsmarting Bebop/Rocksteady was nice, but I wonder how Shredder will tolerate them. Lastly Poison Ivy controlling Snakeweed is perfect.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:18 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

I know he isn't a Batman character and he never appeared in TAS, but who'd like to see this guy?

Anyway, do you think any of the Batman characters will get mutated like in the previous crossover?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:21 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Anyway, do you think any of the Batman characters will get mutated like in the previous crossover?
No, because they already did that and the writer said he doesn't want to rehash the same stories from the previous crossover.

Same reason Joker has a big role in this working with Shredder, while in the previous one Joker was just a background character for one issue.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:34 AM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

I guess they just wanted Robin to be a physical contemporary to the turtles. Dick was about 20 at this point in the timeline though.

Makes you wonder why they didn't place it later, so they could have their diminutive Robin in Tim, plus Nightwing. Win-win.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #12
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This issue was pretty funny. Especially if you hear the voices of the cartoons in your head, especially Mikey screaming and going "Rrrrrrrrr".

Robin does look more like Teen Titans Robin than B:TAS Robin. Oh well, they're both Dick Grayson anyway, so they're the same character. I really liked the Batgirl/April interaction too, they look so similar with both orange hair in this version.

Joker outsmarting Bebop/Rocksteady was nice, but I wonder how Shredder will tolerate them. Lastly Poison Ivy controlling Snakeweed is perfect.
i think the way Robin looks is more just the artist's own personal style showing through.
Joker looks a bit off-model from the way he appears in B:TaS.
but this all looks very much inline with Red-J's art.
which i can easily overlook as i've been very favorable of his art style since seeing his covers for Tmnt:NAA and Tmnt:AA.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Smartly written issue. I got more amusement out of the Kraang portal comments than I was expecting.

I'm not sold on the art direction though due to how long the Bat-family's necks seem to look. Plus, the stylistic placement of mouths at the side of the heads just looks weird for the BTAS era.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I reacted exactly the way i knew I would. Nick Turtles instead of Archie with Batman:TAS? Hmm. April fighting alongside them? The Robin and Batgirl I grew up with? Major geek out! The more panel time for those two the merrier I will be when reading this! Wonderfully draw and well characterized Batman cast!
Old 12-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #15
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of Batman/TMNT Adventures #2 at TMNT Entity.

I like the art and Manning has all the voices down, but so far we've had way too much overlap with the last Batman/TMNT mini in this script.

First issue has the Turtles fight a second-string Batman rogue in the sewers, second issue has Batman and the Turtles fight due to a misunderstanding...

I'm kind of anxious for some fresh content after $8, ya know? But it looks like we've gotten the retread stuff behind us now and we'll start seeing villain team-ups in the upcoming issues, so there's still time to turn this thing around.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:37 PM   #16
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I like this one too and think it even has a sort of Tarantino-esque quality to it in how tongue and cheek it is with introducing the characters. It sorta just gets right to the point of what and who every character is. TAS is my 2nd favorite cartoon ever besides Ducktales and so I really enjoy any incarnation of it that I can get. I can totally see how people think it's repetitive because of the previous crossover but I still enjoy it and look forward to seeing it play out even if it is a little predictable. I'd like to see Leatherhead face off against Killer Croc. Also I like that Joker makes fun of Shredder. Only he is crazy enough to pull that off.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:10 PM   #17
DVD
Mad Scientist

Not a review, but glad to see the thread. I hadn't realized the series had been released. So I've just ordered issue 1 and 2 from Forbidden Planet, and preordered the rest.
Looking forward to giving some feedback.
What I can say though: I love the Harley Quinn cover !!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman/tmnt adventures, crossover