The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
ABrown
Banned

Have You Gotten The COVID Vaccine?

Question, and I'm NOT looking to find out who has and who hasn't. I'm just looking to see what percentage of people here have gotten the COVID vaccine. And the results of the poll are private.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, I think around 2 months ago.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Getting my 2nd (Moderna) shot the 25th.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yup, got my second about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Grateful to be on the other side of it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:34 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Done for a while now. 2nd Moderna f***ed me up for a day.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-15-2021 at 05:18 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #6
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Not yet. I'm getting my first shot next Tuesday.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:43 AM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

A purely hypothetical question, would you be willing to take the covid vaccine if it protected you against the virus, but made you permanently sterile?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:24 AM   #8
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I got my first Pfizer jab into my arm within the first week of the month. A sore shoulder was all I got. My last vaccine will be sometime within the coming week.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
A purely hypothetical question, would you be willing to take the covid vaccine if it protected you against the virus, but made you permanently sterile?
For some people that might be an encouragement.

Though not much point in fictional hypothetical questions. What's the point of searching for reasons that people wouldn't get it? Question sounds as if it assumes people are getting a shot because they love doing that.

A vaccine that somehow caused sterility, but was still safe and useful against Covid, would probably just be reserved for seniors and anyone past middle age (including men who are certain they no longer want the hassle and cost of a kid), and they'd work to make another for younger adults.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #10
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I'm not sure if I actually qualify to answer this, but technically, I have received it. I joined the vaccine study back in December and received my second shot in January.

After setting up vaccine appointments for my parents, and our family friend that we help out who has glaucoma, I received a date to get the Pfizer vaccine through the health facility that I go to. They put me on it because I've been doing a lot of medical visits lately and they were offering the vaccines to those in their system. Due to this, I had to get my study unblinded to see if I'd received the vaccine or the placebo. It turned out that I had. It was recommended, though, that I get the antibody test to see how the vaccine affected me or if I'd built up those antibodies and seems it did. So cancelled out the other appointment. If the long-term antibodies hadn't been present, I would have taken it since I would have eventually since I'm in the stages to get surgery. I'll probably check it again, though, in July. Curious.

It's also nice not having to get tested all the time, like when I had to fly to Kentucky a few weeks ago to help out a family member. For where I had to go in Kentucky, we had to do the rapid COVID test, but since I had proof of being vaccinated and I keep my antibody test results on me, I didn't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
still see people walking around outside with face coverings, these people are in a cult, fully vaxxed and still hiding their face...creepy!
Ours have been lifted too, but I still wear a mask. I'm glad we can now. I wear the mask in the way I did while living in Japan. I get allergies a lot, so while in Japan, I wore a mask a lot. Over there, it's like if you have a sneeze, a cough, runny nose, a fever, etc., you're generally wearing a mask to lower the spread of germs. It wasn't mandated, it was just common courtesy to those around you.

I have seen people still wearing masks, but it's no skin off my nose. It's their choice if they want to wear one or not. My mother doesn't. My father does (but mostly at dialysis) since he does have his health issues. I don't understand why people get upset if they do see people wearing masks even after the mandates have been lifted.

Last edited by ssjup81; 06-22-2021 at 12:27 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:36 AM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

With most people here being Americans, what do you think about Chinese and Russian vaccines? More or less effective?

Which one to choose between them and the American vaccines, if you had the choice? Should one be trusted more than the other?
Old 07-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Haven't read much on them so that's hard to say. What kind of vaccine are they and how well have those vaccines been doing?

If they're using ingredients that we've banned in vaccines or their governments are meddling in the work of those companies, that might be a pass. Otherwise, if none of that is happening... then push come to shove, if they were equal to what we have here, proving to be as effective and bad reactions were equally rare, then I guess it wouldn't really matter if that's what was available.

Actually, if I can dig it out, I will add a pic for comparison of the ingredient list Walgreens (pharmacy) gave me.

edit:
Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-09-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2021, 12:34 PM   #13
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

In what ****ing world are needles and modern medicine considered the stone age? Because some people are afraid of a stick? Holy Hell some people are retarded.

"I am not a trained professional at all or know anything about medicine but I have some great ideas about moving past those stupid needles."
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:52 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
In what ****ing world are needles and modern medicine considered the stone age?
This world. Just think about it. Back in the day people would get laughed at when they said 'there's gotta be a better way than leeches, bro' or even called crazy that tiny beings exists that get inside you and make you sick. It's time to move one.

You'd be hard pressed to find any kind of sci-fi show or any kind of aliens that still rely on needles. They use scanners or some other sci-fi junk.

The same people that are so eager to have flying cars, rely soley on solar power, and other things like that, should also focus on moving medicine past the needle age. Like I said, Japan is real close to making ****ing talking sex dolls now and we're still relying on jabs. Alexa can run your entire house if you set it to, something that would blow the mind of someone from the 80's if they visited this era, and we're still relying on jabs. C'mon.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
C'mon.
Yeah, "C'mon" like I'm the one making an argument based on sex robots and science-fiction. Uh-huh.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Should the Vaccine be mandatory? I honestly think that if the vaccine really is effective, it should be required legally and all detractors then face the wrath of the government for not getting it, full stop.

China has mandatory Vaccinations and a significantly higher number and proportion of vaccinated people than the US. My country doesn't have mandatory vaccinations and thus I have no interest in taking it, since I won't be punished for doing otherwise, and the virus is practically non-existent in my country.

I don't plan to travel either. Be born, live and die in the same town is the philosophy I live by.

In a way, I'm glad that this virus will disrupt economic globalisation. Countries which do not rely on immigrants and focus on being self-sufficient will be the ones to prosper in the future, while Globalist economies like the United States and European Union will suffer, and eventually collapse, partly because their very economic foundations have been crippled by the virus.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #17
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Leeches are FDA approved and still used today in modern medicine
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:06 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You can have my share of leeches, thanks.

If someone was ever going to use them on me, I better a heck be unconscious the whole time and never know they were there.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:12 PM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yes, I lost my leg and nearly my lifebut at least I didn't get any of those dirty leaches on me..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:51 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fully grown adult men are scared of needles? The shot I got was a 3 second poke and I wasn't even sure if they got it in and that's how quick it was. You literally feel nothing.

You feel more going into the dentist when they use the needle to numb your gums before a cavity/root canal/filling then anything in the arm. And I've had 7 root canals and 6 crowns recently so I know the feeling.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indigocuck