The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #261
CyberCubed
Overlord

I plan to watch it the day the streaming websites put it up, which will probably be within hours of it airing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #262
Leo656
The Franchise

And people wonder why some of us wish we could go back to a society where thieves got their hands cut off.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:55 PM   #263
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And people wonder why some of us wish we could go back to a society where thieves got their hands cut off.
Iran and Saudi Arabia do it for thievery still which this would fall under. Cubed is lucky he doesn't live in those countries.

I mean, I don't care if I watch Tenet or Honest Thief in theatres or home media, but crappy quality websites with possibility of adware viruses I would rather wait. If you want to do this normally than wear mask, limit your outings, and keep six feet apart. The free will of humans is allowing the virus to linger longer than expected.

Knowing what is going to happen with the predictability hurts my interest in this film.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:58 PM   #264
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I've already given so much money to the franchises that I love that I would feel no shame in pirating any of their content.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #265
Leo656
The Franchise

Yes, every single post you make reeks of entitlement. We already get it.

I love how people work hard on these things and most people on the end-user side are openly like "F*ck 'em. I'm special, let some sucker pay them for all their hard work."

If it was your movie or your craft, and people were literally stealing bread off your table and furthermore bragging about it, you'd whine incessantly about it. That's the best part. You justify your theft with "I've done my share" nonsense but if it was you in their position you'd cry bloody murder.

I'm not a particular fan of this movie or the creative choices behind it. But I still wholeheartedly believe that thieves deserve to be literally crucified. Especially ones who are so outspoken about it.

Millennial entitlement at its finest. "Let some other sucker foot the bill. I'm Special." I hope you keep that attitude if one day some crackhead breaks in your house and takes all your sh*t. They want it, you see, therefore they deserve it.

Somehow, I don't think you'll see it that way when it comes to that.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #266
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

I love how people work hard on these things and most people on the end-user side are openly like "F*ck 'em. I'm special, let some sucker pay them for all their hard work."

If it was your movie or your craft, and people were literally stealing bread off your table and furthermore bragging about it, you'd whine incessantly about it. That's the best part. You justify your theft with "I've done my share" nonsense but if it was you in their position you'd cry bloody murder.

I'm not a particular fan of this movie or the creative choices behind it. But I still wholeheartedly believe that thieves deserve to be literally crucified. Especially ones who are so outspoken about it.

Millennial entitlement at its finest. "Let some other sucker foot the bill. I'm Special." I hope you keep that attitude if one day some crackhead breaks in your house and takes all your sh*t. They want it, you see, therefore they deserve it.

I hear ya. I don't know if I do it for the sake of them getting my money, or because I like official legit stuff over blurry pirated **** all the time.

Back in Mexico I'd be happy that I just bought a DVD copy of whatever movie was just released and my co-workers would be like 'dude, for that many pesos you could have bought 5 DVDs from the dude near the church'. But I just don't roll that way.

Now AEW, I do that for a combination of wanting legit stuff AND wanting to support them. It's still new, but even if it falls, I know I did my part to support it the best I could. I don't want to think how many AEW shirts and stuff I bought so far as well as the one live show I attended and the money I hope to spend someday on AEW figures when they stop being impossible to find.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #267
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Iran and Saudi Arabia do it for thievery still which this would fall under. Cubed is lucky he doesn't live in those countries.
Foreign countries are literally the ones that pirate movies the most. A lot of movies are not legally released there and there is no other way for them to watch them. Same for China, only a select number of western films are legally released there, the rest are all streamed illegally online.

This also isn't the 90's or early 2000's when you had pirated DVD's with crappy video quality. These days websites have them in full HD online streaming where you don't even have to download them or even use torrent websites anymore, it's basically just youtube now. Personally I could never get torrents to work even back in the early/mid 2000's so I never really used them.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:30 PM   #268
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Foreign countries are literally the ones that pirate movies the most. A lot of movies are not legally released there and there is no other way for them to watch them. Same for China, only a select number of western films are legally released there, the rest are all streamed illegally online.

This also isn't the 90's or early 2000's when you had pirated DVD's with crappy video quality. These days websites have them in full HD online streaming where you don't even have to download them or even use torrent websites anymore, it's basically just youtube now. Personally I could never get torrents to work even back in the early/mid 2000's so I never really used them.
Doesn't matter you still come off as a cheap bastard everytime you brag your gonna pirate movies instead of supporting the studios/streaming services/franchises.

Quote:

This all of this I Seriously wanna smack Cyber everytime he brags about pirating stuff.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #269
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The torrent would already be available immediately on the 25th with it being on HBO Max. Two days doesn't make any difference.
Kind of does. Korea gets it on the 23rd... and they're about a day ahead of the US anyway time zone-wise. A whole lot of pirating can be done in 3+ days.

Though it's true. You're either the kind of person that's willing to subscribe to HBO Max and/or the kind of person willing to wait to see it in theaters... you've either got the pirating bone in your body or you don't. For me, I'm not condoning pirating or condemning it... but if I'm someone in a state where my theaters are entirely (re)locked down because of fear-minded governors, it's 12/25, and I know that I can go on Piratebay or wherever and there it's been for a few days, waiting for me to download it... *sigh* that's a toughie.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:53 AM   #270
Leo656
The Franchise

If people insist upon being sh*tty, then the absolute least they can do is not wear it like a badge of virtue. "I have LOTS of money but I CHOOSE to steal things because it makes my life easier!" Over and over and OVER again to anyone who'll listen.

Have some f*cking couth and keep it to your goddamn self. When I get paid directly based on how many tickets sell at the gate, for example, you think I wanna hear some guy bragging that he got into my show for free? No, I don't. I know people do but I prefer not to know who they are specifically. It's f*cking vulgar. If my pay envelope comes up light and I KNOW who didn't pay to get in, thus literally removing money from my take-home, it takes EVERYTHING that I have not to drag them across the parking lot by their face. Doubly so if I catch them in turn bragging and braying like a jackass about how "I didn't pay, I never pay. I shouldn't have to pay." Even the wives and girlfriends in my business don't brag about getting comps. Sure, they get comps, but they know well enough not to constantly screech about it because they're aware it rubs people wrong. AND, they didn't literally sneak in the back door and take money from the people working the show because they're "special." Being a "backdoor mark" is nothing to brag about.

If you MUST scumbag, then at least scumbag quietly.
---------------------

It's also NOT gonna be a very good movie, or at least it won't be like "WOW sure glad I stole that movie to watch it exactly when it came out!" Nor will it be bad enough to be worth "hate-watching". It's like, you can wait to see it. At least give them a CHANCE to make five bucks before you all flood the torrent sites to be the Very First One to say "Wow, that wasn't as good as the first one." Because that's all it's gonna be. If you insist on seeing it for free, you could at the least wait until a friend/relative invites you to watch it with them after they've paid for it, or wait until next Winter when it comes on free TV. You don't HAVE to be a thief, there's literally no urgency to see it. Just entitlement.

I don't wanna pay to see it either, but I'm also perfectly fine waiting until it comes my way before I end up seeing it for free. I'm not that bored and also, not a thief. There's a million things I can do that don't involve breaking the law and directly stealing from people. I don't see what's so hard about it. It'll still be mediocre a year and change from now when it comes on TNT and you can "not pay" to see it then.

Last edited by Leo656; 11-27-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:20 AM   #271
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Ah, so you endorse the Saudi wrestling shows?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:22 AM   #272
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

For me, if I were of the mind to pirate it... I'd still see it in theaters when it's allowed to be by the fear mongers in the capital holding the gates closed. Not because I want to support a movie that apparently feeds into the #nevertrumper business (that inconveniently already passed the movie by, by the time people get to see it) and otherwise sounds like it may be a crappy film and WW sequel, but because I want to support local theaters especially now. And yes, I'll park my ass down with a fat bucket of $10 popcorn and a large $7 Diet Coke when I do.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:42 AM   #273
newfan
Mad Scientist

I am in an area of the UK which has been placed in highest restriction for when national lockdown ends next week, so cinemas will remain closed along with other places. Just a case of waiting longer, which will likely mean when it comes up for sale.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:12 AM   #274
Leo656
The Franchise

Part of me wants to see it in theaters not because I expect to like it, because I don't expect that, but for the same reason you mentioned, Andrew. I feel like it's important to support movie theaters because shut-ins who've never had a date, a "guys' night out", or sex without money being exchanged shouldn't get to have their stay-at-home, push-button, all-digital future. A future where nobody ever leaves the house and we all just watch stolen movies on the internet all day isn't a future worth celebrating nor sitting back passively allowing to happen.

What I know of WW84 pisses me off, and I don't really feel like paying to see it. BUT, if it comes out in theaters over here, I feel like it might be a good way to "do my part". I doubt it will come out over here, NJ is very skittish about that stuff right now. But if it does my wife might nag me to go.

As for "safety", I have to believe that it's safer than spending two hours in a Walmart, which many people do every day without incident. So I'm not overly concerned about that. And I think we need to illustrate that before it's too late.

Old 11-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #275
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
For me, if I were of the mind to pirate it... I'd still see it in theaters
I'm like this - all for supporting intellectual property and efforts the best I can. It shouldn't be a grey area, but I have to admit that a grey area creeps in on things that Hollywood pull the double or triple dip on.

And it's especially provocative when it's a re-release simply designed to tug at fan addiction than any real content. It's gotten better in recent years, but the DVD through Blu-Ray era was a cash grab of drug dealer to user proportions, man.

Quote:
If people insist upon being sh*tty, then the absolute least they can do is not wear it like a badge of virtue.
This was the most articulate and impactful post I've seen you make ever. Bar none. It was eloquent, yo. If the word "sh*tty" wasn't used this could've been a sentence in an informed, published opinion piece. It hits home for me as well because I deal with $#!t bags almost daily who have their own hierarchy where that phony badge of virtue is the way.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:41 AM   #276
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The first WW movie is being shown on Cartoon Network this Christmas, exclusive content will come attached to it.

https://www.awn.com/news/cartoon-net...ows-and-movies
Old 12-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #277
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I wish that Wonder Woman movies could just do the World War II plotlines instead of shying away from it because "That's Captain America's schtick" because they are afraid of being accused of "copying." Captain America doesn't/shouldn't have a monopoly on World War II, since WW does have strong ties to her early stories being set on that era. I think I would have liked that a bit better than this 1984 plot. It is also a huge jump in time. What about Diana's other adventures in between the first war and the present?

Though, that being said, I do not think Wonder Woman should be only linked with her no war side of her character either. There is more to her than that. Max Lord seems like a very interesting person to come up against from what I have seen of him. I am more interested in him as an opponent for WW than I am Cheetah, so even if he is going to be a Trump stand in I am interested in seeing him in the movie. Cheetah...I have always had mixed feelings about Cheetah. She just doesn't register as a worthy adversary for Wonder Woman. She is much, much better portrayed in the comics than what sad, undignified treatment she gets in other media. Outside the comics Cheetah is just a punching bag for Wonder Woman, who is typically vastly superior to her in every way. But even in the WW comics, I am a little weary of the "I'm jealous of you because you're perfect, that's why I hate you," angle that motivates Cheetah.

I have deliberately stayed away from spoilers for the most part but I am afraid that is the road they are gong to go down in this movie. Max Lord is probably going to be shallow and have "Let's Make America Great Again" Trump stand in vibes, but I think WW and his interactions may be more nuanced than Cheetah being jealous of Wonder Woman's perfection. There are hints the issue may be deeper than that with them in the film (from what I've seen) but since it seems to almost always come up with Cheetah, I am sort of disappointedly expecting it.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #278
CyberCubed
Overlord

I feel this movie has a lot going against it even ignoring the whole covid situation:

- Steve Trevor is back alive. I really think this is a bad move and he should have stayed dead.

- Cheetah is hard to take seriously in live-action due to the connection people will make with the awful CATS movie and stage show...and the whole furry community. So they're in an uphill battle here

- Sequel-itis. Sometimes movie franchsies are a one-hit wonder where the first is the best and the sequel can't recapture what made the first one good (see: Matrix movies, or Jurrassic Park, even Predator and Alien, etc)

- Trump-isms.

I dunno, I haven't read any spoilers and my knowledge is just based on the trailers and info promoted so far, but I'm not really feeling this one.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #279
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

- Cheetah is hard to take seriously in live-action due to the connection people will make with the awful CATS movie and stage show...and the whole furry community. So they're in an uphill battle here
WB has the internet. That's 100% of why she's in the movie. Duh. Even in the comics she's pretty much complete "furry bait", with characters dropping everything they're doing to try and have sex with her and making comments about how incredible at sex she is and stuff like that. Most of the time her "costume" is just, "She's Naked". These things are deliberate choices.

That's why she's in the movie as the female antagonist and not, like, Circe or Silver Swan or someone. like that. C'mon. Do the math.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:55 PM   #280
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Steve Trevor is back alive. I really think this is a bad move and he should have stayed dead.
Being killed/resurrected is actually a part of his comics lore.