The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-13-2020, 12:42 AM   #10381
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Got a Saturn last week finally, only $50 but had no AV cord and controllers were an extra $20. It also isn't 100% perfect and sometimes it has trouble starting a disc but I feel like it's worth it.

Picked up an Action Replay because holy s**t some games go for stupid prices on both sides of the ocean but quite a few that are dumb in US are massively cheap in Japan. I got All 4 Virtua Fighter fighting releases for $39, shipped free.
You're very fortunate to have found a Saturn for that much. Everywhere online, it's crazy expensive and the one store I find that actually have them cost around the same.

I picked up Shenmue 1 + 2. Playing the first one right now, it's pretty fun.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:57 PM   #10382
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #10383
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Super Mario 3D All-Stars

https://i.imgur.com/t43zd1q.jpg?2
I got it yesterday.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:50 PM   #10384
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife got me some cool games for my Birthday.

For starters, she got me "The Walking Dead: The Final Season", "Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition", and "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" for Xbox One.
Spoiler:

She also got me "Boxing: Legends of the Ring" and "R.B.I. Baseball '93" for Sega Genesis. I imagine those were more or less "for both of us".
Spoiler:

On the whole, not bad at all!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:21 PM   #10385
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Nice haul, Leo! TFS for The Walking Dead was especially good, perfect sendoff for Clementine.

I've mostly been playing the Ezio trilogy of Assassin's Creed games (Currently on Revelations). Once that's done I'm planning on playing III and IV: Black Flag.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #10386
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I play Mafia Definitieve edition and is one a perfec remake of a perfect game. I had played it for the first time in 2002 when it released but the graphics were terrible then while now on max settings 1440p that iam playing it has movie qualtiy graphics and the same amazing gameplay that it became so famous for! It is a must play for evryone espeicaly for kids who didnt have the chance to play it when it was released for the first time then! I kill all mafia very brutally as you see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpl0xH4qGuQ And i also play Serious sam 4 at the same time that it released one day before Mafia. There i kill all aliens very brutally!
Old 10-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #10387
Icebot
Foot Elite

Just downloaded and played that Super Mario Brothers game that has 35 players! It’s really awesome!
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #10388
Leo656
The Franchise

I been "kicking it old school" recently. I hooked up the N64 a couple days ago and have been cycling through a few different games.

- Mario Kart 64. I always really liked this series, although I never owned any of them until recently, I just played them at friends' houses on occasion and whatnot. This is one I barely played. Still a lot of fun, though. I beat all the 50cc courses and then felt like moving on to something else.

- Star Fox 64. Since I really liked the SNES original I was really looking forward to finally playing this one, and I wasn't disappointed. As good as the original was, this one really does improve on it in just about every way. The graphics and sound, especially, blew me away and pretty much outshine almost everything else on the console. Going from the SNES game to this one was like going from black and white to color. I loved the branching paths based on how you play through the levels, the Boss fights, the variety between flying, sub and tank missions... everything, really. There were times when I got a cramp in my hand but there wasn't a single moment where I wasn't having a blast. Really disappointed that I never had these games as a kid but better late than never, I guess. I just didn't play shooters back then so I never got into them. Thank goodness I have the means now.

- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. This is one I DID play a bit back when it was new, but never got very far in. As a kid, I just could never beat IG-88, but having played a bunch more games since then I was able to get him figured out this time. It's still pretty fun, but I agree that parts of it haven't held up all that great. It really could have used some true analog control, as the tank controls make platforming unnecessarily frustrating. The targeting is also pretty busted. And in the outdoor levels, with the benefit of hindsight it's pretty unforgivable having 70% of the screen shrouded in distance fog. Like I can sometimes ignore it because I'm so focused on what I'm doing, but if I actually stop what I'm doing and look at the whole screen... YIKES.

All that said, I do think it's a really fun game on the whole. A modern-day remake of this would be FANTASTIC. Sadly, since it contradicts Disney canon it will never happen, but that's a goddamn shame. Screw canon, it's one of the most important games in Star Wars history and it could use a fresh coat of paint to remind people how groundbreaking it was. I feel like it's been sort of unfairly forgotten since Rogue Squadron kind of overshadowed it.

I was doing good, but then I lost all my lives on Boba Fett, and it was getting late so I decided to take a break. Planning to go back to it after dinner later.

- Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. Still one of the best wrestling games ever! I took a look and it turns out I never finished unlocking guys, so I still have some work to do. For the people I do have unlocked, I already have each character in the game with their name in English and their proper ring attire. I wish there was an option to change the in-game Menus to English, since I keep having to check with an online guide just to navigate it. Once it gets going it's a ton of fun, though. I know there are fan-translations online for digital download but I don't play games on my sh*tty laptop. So I'm "stuck" with the cartridge, but it's fine. My team of Muta and Chono is unstoppable!

I will say, some people swear that the N64 games look bad on modern TVs, but I disagree, and in fact playing them this way has been a real boon. In games like Shadows of the Empire, for example, it's much easier now to see where the heck I'm going since it's not all "crunched" down. All my retro games look great on my TV, Atari and NES games included. Sure they're a little "fuzzy" but I can live with that.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:08 PM   #10389
neatoman
Emperor

I bought two games (technically more) for Switch recently, Starlink and a Megadrive collection. And before that I was playing Mario Odyssey, a copy I borrowed from a library.

MO is crazy good, I just lament that I have to return it. I would buy my own copy so I could play it to 100% completion but Nintendo doesn't seem to reduce the price of any first-party games these days and Gamestop Sweden went out of business this year. My best bet is hoping I can find a cheap used copy online.

I mostly just bought Starlink because the Switch version has the Starfox team as guest stars and it comes with an interactive model of an Arwing. The game is mostly fine, nothing too spectacular. I'm not really interested in buying the other interactive models though, I won't even need them to play most of the characters if I'm not mistaken.

The Megadrive is a bit of a disappointment. It has all the Streets of Rage games, the Golden Axe games, the Phantasy Star games, Mean Bean Machine, Sonic 1+2 and several other big games... But there are several important games missing, like Sonic 3 for instance.

And something that keeps annoying me is that for some reason, SEGA sees fit to not just re-release a terrible game like Sonic 3D over and over and over again, they insist on the Megadrive version when the Saturn version is clearly superior. Just look:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:33 PM   #10390
Leo656
The Franchise

I legit cannot play Sonic 3D Blast. I've tried several times and 99% of the time I get a terrible f*cking migraine. Most games don't do that to me, but that one is seriously abysmal. I don't even mean in quality, although it's definitely not a Sonic game. I mean that their attempt at "3D" is so terrible that it cripples me to the point where I need a nap afterwards.

A noble attempt, perhaps, but a total misfire. It's probably not quite as bad as its reputation, but I'll never know on account of I physically cannot play the damn thing.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #10391
neatoman
Emperor

Oh, I doubt the actual gameplay of the Saturn version is any better than the Megadrive version (though the special stages seem far more playable). I'm just saying, if you're gonna embarras yourself by continously releasing a bad game, at least use the best looking version.

There's a reason the PS1 edition of Rayman 2 isn't the basis for most of the re-releases.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:00 PM   #10392
Leo656
The Franchise

I had to take a break from Shadows of the Empire for a second just to amend my earlier comments. I do like this game but I'm pretty sure it's got the absolute worst jumping controls I've ever seen.

Seriously, they need to remake this game just to salvage the dogsh*t on-foot controls that drag the entire experience down. How did nobody figure out that "tank controls" are terrible immediately, and why were they still "a thing" until like 2005? Mario 64 came out in 1996; I'm aghast that it took another 10 years for developers to suddenly realize, "Oh, DUH, we should just do every game like that." Jesus.

Flying levels control fine. Trying to jump or aim accurately in the on-foot levels is ridiculous.

EDIT: OK, so I'm about to say f*ck this game. This entire Boba Fett level is dogsh*t and I'm running out of patience. Can anyone who's played farther and/or beaten the game tell me if it ever gets any better, or am I wasting my time for no reason? Because it was fun just about up until the IG-88 fight, but after that it's been pretty unplayable and very not fun.

Should I keep going, or just give up? I haven't even gotten to Fett yet today, I keep getting pissed off and resetting the level because I lose way too many lives on bad jumps, enemy ambushes, and the stupid AT-ST that I can't hit at point blank range.

I'm beginning to see why they didn't even attempt a Star Wars action game until after doing a dozen space shooter games. This one started off good but it's really testing my patience now and I just wanna know if the rest of the game is this bad.

Last edited by Leo656; 10-02-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #10393
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I started playing Ben 10 Power Trip on Friday that was also released on Friday. It is based on the current Ben 10 series. The game is very fun action adventure game and i enjoy alot killing all the aliens but the graphics are terrible on max settings 1440p. Anyway check it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjjw5LqEzA I also play Red Dead Redemption 2 at the same time! I started playing it on Monday. It is realy amazing game!
Old 10-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #10394
Icebot
Foot Elite

Playing my very first game of Zelda ocarina of time master quest
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #10395
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I now also continue playing Control. A very good action game with a girl protagonist that has super natural powers and fights aliens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3e66ERA2U I also play Red dead redemption 2, serious sam4, battletoads, and ben 10 power trip all at the same time. Let see which one of the 5 i will finish first but i like Control more. A must play if you play action games!
Old 10-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #10396
AquaParade
Banned

Control was awesome. Great implementation of music to compliment the action.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #10397
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm gonna start playing Dragon quest 2 for the SNES (a fantranslation).
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #10398
Leo656
The Franchise

Found some good deals online so some stuff came today:

- Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (Game Boy)
- Super Metroid (SNES)
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Gamecube)
- Sonic Heroes (Gamecube)
- StarFox Assault (Gamecube)
- New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U (Wii U)

Still waiting on a couple more things, should be here by the weekend.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #10399
Leo656
The Franchise

Some more stuff came today:

- Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
- Extreme Ghostbusters (GBA)
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

And one that I got my wife for her upcoming Birthday. Shhhh.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #10400
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Control was awesome. Great implementation of music to compliment the action.
Yes it is one of the best action games ever made and has a very beatiful girl protagonist. I still havent finish it yet.
Anyway just now i started a new TRUE NINJA game that released today just one hour ago! It is called Ghost runner. It is a hardcore game where you lose with just one hit from the enemies like in From software games(darrk souls sekiro). It has a ninja protagonist and as you understand this game ia made for me. It is the first game from a new Polish game company . It has got very good reviews. See here some gameplay. I say it is a must play for all ninjas like me and all of my fans! See gameplay here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNHgUst0Zs8

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games