The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-23-2021, 08:38 AM   #17501
Coola Yagami
Overlord

"holy ****! Rikki Roxx is an amazing seller!"

*Roxx is knocked out for real by 400 pound XPac Kick*

"Uh.... I don't think he's selling chief....."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #17502
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Currently watching SWF Lines we Cross. Obviously the Rocker is too busy backstage to be online.

So far loved the match with the circus themed tag-team. I lost it when the ringleader guy pulled the hoop out and the lion guy lept right through it and knocked the other guys down with the suicide dive. And those spinning body slams were awesome. And Doink with the pie to the face for the win.

Still waiting on our boy to show up though. I'm eager to see Rikki Roxx in his first ever thumbtacks barbed wire and strobe lights hardcore match.

EDIT- holy ****..... Rikki got wrecked. OUCH.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-23-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #17503
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Currently watching SWF Lines we Cross. Obviously the Rocker is too busy backstage to be online.

So far loved the match with the circus themed tag-team. I lost it when the ringleader guy pulled the hoop out and the lion guy lept right through it and knocked the other guys down with the suicide dive. And those spinning body slams were awesome. And Doink with the pie to the face for the win.

Still waiting on our boy to show up though. I'm eager to see Rikki Roxx in his first ever thumbtacks barbed wire and strobe lights hardcore match.

EDIT- holy ****..... Rikki got wrecked. OUCH.
Got a link? I am interested!
Old 01-24-2021, 01:21 AM   #17504
Leo656
The Franchise

Y e a h Friday went a LOT better than Saturday. Thanks for the support anyway.

Full Disclosure, today's matches that I was involved in did NOT go at all the way they were booked, for a hundred different reasons and I don't want to get TOO deep into it other than to say, a lot of people were disappointed (on BOTH sides of the curtain).

"Sh*t Happens".

I'm not going to try and read too much into it and I have nothing negative to say about the company or the performers, BUT, the fact is that things went WAY off-script and in turn nothing was built up or executed the way it was supposed to be. And while I don't generally point fingers or "put heat" on anyone, I can say with 100% certainty that NONE of that was MY fault.

Long story short, that "match" was not supposed to be a "match". It was supposed to be a 2-3 minute cluster**** with 8 other guys running in before we could even get started, at which point we'd all yell at each other and set up the main event of the 6pm show later on (which was a 5-on-4 Survivor Series match). Nobody was supposed to win or lose, it was "I hit you, you hit me, I hit you again and then your crew comes in, then mine comes out to even the odds, ref throws it out." We went over it a HUNDRED TIMES. Not just today, but all WEEK. Right before I went out there, the owner of the company told me himself, "The match isn't the point, it's the angle for later tonight. I don't want anyone getting beat in this match, it makes no sense, I need everybody strong for the 6pm show. This One sets up That One."

Makes sense, right?

SO. We get out there, and frankly, I don't know WHAT the f*ck happened exactly but someone didn't get their run-in cue. And nobody could find them. Allegedly. So instead of what we talked about ALL WEEK, once we're in the ring we have to do SOMETHING, but we still have to get out in under 5 minutes because of the livestream (which was running over). So on the fly, "Nobody gets beat because that screws up the 6pm show" turns into "Roxx gets beat in 2 minutes with no offense because the guys who were supposed to run in never ran in and we have to get out of there in less than 5."

When they finally had the heels run in, they STILL couldn't find the guys who were supposed to come in and "save" me. So again, I just got a beating with no rescue, no angle for the 6pm show, nothing. NOTHING that was on the 5 or 6 different booking sheets I saw today actually happened. We literally had JUST had a big staff meeting before the show that said "DON'T change the finishes, DON'T go into business for yourselves, execute as written because This Is All Leading To Something."

I admit, it's very frustrating. Because yesterday we had a "good enough" 5-minute match AND the angle they booked that led into today's show went off almost perfectly. Friday Night, everything was on-point. Saturday Night... I don't know WHAT the f*ck happened. But I can't say I'm thrilled about it, especially because Friday proved that we could do a whole lot better when things go the way they're SUPPOSED to go.

The backstage agent and a bunch of the other guys came up to me afterwards and they weren't too happy either. "Where was so-and-so? What happened to the promo after the match? What happened to the angle for the 6pm show? None of that made any sense." And all I could say was, "I don't know, man."

Working with Jeter was still fine, though, and in one respect I was glad I was in there with him and not someone else. When he picked me up for the Tombstone, my foot hit the low ceiling and I slid down too far, but he's a big dude so he managed to hold onto me and keep me in a safe position when he spiked it. Anybody else probably would have legit killed me but he kept me safe in a very scary situation that easily could have gone wrong very fast. So big props to him for that one, I made sure to thank him repeatedly for taking care of me on that one. Seriously, I think ANYONE else would have dropped me too low and broke my neck.

I liked working with him well enough, I'm just pissed at how the Saturday match went because of all the nonsense and miscommunication. Friday was MUCH better.

The links will be active all year (for $15 to view), but I HIGHLY encourage anyone to just ignore the Saturday match and watch the Friday one instead. It's still 5 minutes with a screwjob finish, BUT 1. I actually got offense in, 2. I got a "visual pin" on the Champion while the ref was out, and 3. I didn't actually "lose" because a fake ref counted the "pinfall". All of which was to set up for Saturday.

Friday to Saturday was a textbook "Night and Day" case of everything going As Booked vs. Off-Script. There's not much I can say about it beyond that. I got paid, but I wasn't allowed to do pretty much anything, and that's very frustrating.

The main event for the 6pm show didn't go much better. I mean, you HAVE to do what you're told, and I was told "Throw a few punches, take a knee to the face, get pinned. The show's running long, we need to go home really fast." So... it is what it is. But am I thrilled about it? Not really.

I've had worse nights, but... I don't know. They tell you, "We're bringing you in to work three Main Event matches, and we're running a big angle out of it"... it creates certain expectations, you know? And then Stuff Happens and all of a sudden everything is 180-degrees different, and there's nothing you can even do about it.

((Heavy Sigh)) Ah well. I got paid. And at least Friday went well. That's really all I can say. Other than, I sincerely hope for the show in March that someone is actually policing the damn locker room and making sure guys hit their cues so this kinda thing doesn't happen anymore. Not just to me, but anyone. It happens a LOT in this business but it never helps anyone at all. That's like Day One stuff - stick to your times, and know your cue. Everybody gets that drilled into them from the beginning, so there's really NO excuse for it.

But yeah, just skip the Jan. 23rd shows, at least my matches. There's nothing to see. I have no idea if the rest of the show(s) was any good, I didn't get to see any of it. My match on the 22nd was fine, even though that show was plagued by technical problems and a broken microphone.

It's always SOMETHING. Damn indie wrestling.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:41 AM   #17505
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Whoof, sorry to hear that about your matches Leo. That legit sounds like you got 'Shangoed' (Wrestlemania 8 finish) by about a dozen fold!
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:22 AM   #17506
Leo656
The Franchise

You're not the first or even third person today to make that reference! I totally got Papa Shango'ed.

There were a lot of variables working against the entire show. The LiveStream meant even less flexibility than normal with the match times (a LOT of guys got cut short and weren't happy about it). The low ceiling meant that most guys lost a good chunk of their moveset (and we still had to replace a few ceiling tiles, despite being very careful as best we could). COVID restrictions and CDC inspections meant that we couldn't have the fans AND the talent in the same building at the same time, so anyone not having a match at any given moment had to be outside in the freezing cold, OR in the converted barn "locker room" (in the freezing cold). And it was FREEZING cold, which I think affected morale quite a bit. The backstage monitor that was set up to make sure guys could watch the show and make their cues on time broke, probably due to the freezing cold. So if you weren't in the ring, you had NO idea what was going on inside the venue and had to wait for someone to come tell you, and that guy was almost always busy trying to wrangle five to ten other guys at that same moment. It was almost impossible to get guys together to go over spots, so almost everything on the show was booked on the fly. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

It's a miracle things went as well as they did, honestly. I heard that the rest of the shows went more or less okay, it just sucks I got the "short straw" on both shows. But I absolutely don't envy anyone trying to run a show with fans in attendance in THIS current situation. If we had a proper locker room, right there it's a totally different situation. BUT, "CDC says that 30 fans plus the guys in the ring plus the sound crew and the guys taking tickets puts the venue at Full Capacity, so the talent has to freeze their balls off outside or else we can't run the show at all..." There was no GOOD way out of that situation.

October and November shows were outdoors with minimal restrictions (basically, "Just wear a mask" and that's all; we drew over 200 people in November), and everything went a LOT better. The hope right now is, we get good weather for the Spring shows and can run outside again in April. Because seriously, it was what it was but the backstage setup was ludicrous, and I'd put EVERY problem with the shows on the fact that we had to keep the "locker room" 50 yards away from the venue and keep everybody in the freezing cold "Because COVID."

To be clear, I do not blame the company for the situation being what it was; they were just making the best of a bad situation so that we could even HAVE a show. A competing organization has been trying all month long to try and get the shows shut down, going so far as to repeatedly call the police and the CDC to try and have us shut down "in the interest of public safety". And it is 100% NOT about "public safety", they just don't want us to operate period, because Wrestling Is A Sh*tty Business Full Of Sh*tty People. So Those Guys call the cops, and the CDC, and say "They're not requiring masks (except we are), they're not making talent provide documented COVID tests (except we are)," and so they send people to the show and thus we HAVE to accept these overly-strict and hampering conditions as a fact of life. Because Some People can't leave well enough alone.

It was what it had to be. I just plain don't envy anyone running an indoor show right now, it's practically a no-win. I just really hope the Spring shows go a lot better like the ones in Fall did.

Last edited by Leo656; 01-24-2021 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:47 AM   #17507
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You're not the first or even third person today to make that reference! I totally got Papa Shango'ed.

There were a lot of variables working against the entire show. The LiveStream meant even less flexibility than normal with the match times (a LOT of guys got cut short and weren't happy about it). The low ceiling meant that most guys lost a good chunk of their moveset (and we still had to replace a few ceiling tiles, despite being very careful as best we could). COVID restrictions and CDC inspections meant that we couldn't have the fans AND the talent in the same building at the same time, so anyone not having a match at any given moment had to be outside in the freezing cold, OR in the converted barn "locker room" (in the freezing cold). And it was FREEZING cold, which I think affected morale quite a bit. The backstage monitor that was set up to make sure guys could watch the show and make their cues on time broke, probably due to the freezing cold. So if you weren't in the ring, you had NO idea what was going on inside the venue and had to wait for someone to come tell you, and that guy was almost always busy trying to wrangle five to ten other guys at that same moment. It was almost impossible to get guys together to go over spots, so almost everything on the show was booked on the fly. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

It's a miracle things went as well as they did, honestly. I heard that the rest of the shows went more or less okay, it just sucks I got the "short straw" on both shows. But I absolutely don't envy anyone trying to run a show with fans in attendance in THIS current situation. If we had a proper locker room, right there it's a totally different situation. BUT, "CDC says that 30 fans plus the guys in the ring plus the sound crew and the guys taking tickets puts the venue at Full Capacity, so the talent has to freeze their balls off outside or else we can't run the show at all..." There was no GOOD way out of that situation.

October and November shows were outdoors with minimal restrictions (basically, "Just wear a mask" and that's all; we drew over 200 people in November), and everything went a LOT better. The hope right now is, we get good weather for the Spring shows and can run outside again in April. Because seriously, it was what it was but the backstage setup was ludicrous, and I'd put EVERY problem with the shows on the fact that we had to keep the "locker room" 50 yards away from the venue and keep everybody in the freezing cold "Because COVID."

To be clear, I do not blame the company for the situation being what it was; they were just making the best of a bad situation so that we could even HAVE a show. A competing organization has been trying all month long to try and get the shows shut down, going so far as to repeatedly call the police and the CDC to try and have us shut down "in the interest of public safety". And it is 100% NOT about "public safety", they just don't want us to operate period, because Wrestling Is A Sh*tty Business Full Of Sh*tty People. So Those Guys call the cops, and the CDC, and say "They're not requiring masks (except we are), they're not making talent provide documented COVID tests (except we are)," and so they send people to the show and thus we HAVE to accept these overly-strict and hampering conditions as a fact of life. Because Some People can't leave well enough alone.

It was what it had to be. I just plain don't envy anyone running an indoor show right now, it's practically a no-win. I just really hope the Spring shows go a lot better like the ones in Fall did.
Yeah I didn't quite get how low the ceiling was til one dude literally reached up and touched the ceiling.

Also dude, you're a hell of a seller. One of those spots you sold it as if Jeter legit wrecked your back. Oof!

Old 01-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #17509
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Yeah I didn't quite get how low the ceiling was til one dude literally reached up and touched the ceiling.

Also dude, you're a hell of a seller. One of those spots you sold it as if Jeter legit wrecked your back. Oof!
Thanks brother! I try. Night One he chopped me on the back and left a big handprint (which faded by the second show, though). So on the show you watched he chopped me in the same spot and I yelled "AHHHH, not AGAIN!" My shoulder was also a little sore from an Axe Kick he gave me on the first night. He might've caught me in the same spot on the one you saw, I'd have to watch it again.

Like, I thought our execution was "fine" for what it was (although getting to actually have Offense is nice But Night 1 went better in that regard), I'm just not happy the finish had to be changed on the fly since all my heat went down the toilet without the run-in angle. But what little we did, I thought, looked fine. It wasn't a "bad" squash match, it's just that it wasn't supposed to be that.

The ring was good, as in it was well-constructed and felt fine to bump in, good ropes, etc., but I heard it was a rental and not the usual one, so that's probably why it was so high up. Not all rings have a "low" set-up option; for a building like that you really need a low ring. Ah well.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:50 AM   #17510
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...124020888.html
So what does that mean for us United States subscribers of WWE Network who have zero interest in Peacock content?
Old 01-25-2021, 11:03 AM   #17511
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...124020888.html
So what does that mean for us United States subscribers of WWE Network who have zero interest in Peacock content?
Apparently there's no extra charge for the PPV content.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:23 AM   #17512
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Vince's only brother Rod has died
Old 01-29-2021, 06:04 AM   #17513
ZariusTwo
Overlord

In a bizarre stunt commission, WWE have made the BBC's royal family correspondent Jeannie Bond the official Royal Rumble correspondent

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1354799118103805954

I get the "William and Andrew" joke, but wouldn't this make more sense if the Rumble was airing from Britain?

What next, Trevor McDonald or Hugh Edwards as guest ring announcer?
Old 02-01-2021, 03:23 AM   #17514
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Edge wins the Rumble

WWE finally can show two number#1 entrant winners in video packages now, and one of them is still Canadian
Old 02-01-2021, 09:09 AM   #17515
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Edge wins the Rumble

WWE finally can show two number#1 entrant winners in video packages now, and one of them is still Canadian
Naw, now they'd have to say 3 and still not show or name who the third one way, lol.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #17516
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Naw, now they'd have to say 3 and still not show or name who the third one way, lol.
I was pointing out how the third man is still Canadian like number two was.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:08 AM   #17517
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Don't know if it was posted here but back around christmas Tony Khan purchased Tarzan Boy for Jurassic Express to use as their new entrance music and its amazing. Sometimes on Dark Taz tries to sing it and its hilarious.

Side note if your not watching AEW Dark you are missing the greatest commentary team of Excalibur and Taz.

Also

Hot Topic has some AEW shirts for 2 for 25 right now. While supplies last limited time. Looks like online only

I got Matt Cardona's and Best Friends.

Other AEW shirts part of the deal are: https://www.hottopic.com/search?q=wr...&start=0&sz=60

2 of Moxley's shirts

Spoiler Club/Bullet Club shirt

5 Decades Earned T-Shirt

Demo God 18:49 T-shirt

Colt Cabana Cult Cabana Shirt

Holy Shida! Shida Shirt

Good Brothers Shirt (ya they are impact but on AEW too)

FTR Talk Heavy

Delete Matt Hardy

Miro The Best Man

SCU Worst year we have lived in

Queenslayer Anna Jay

American Nightmare Cody Pharoah

American Nightmare Cody Skull

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 02-01-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:18 AM   #17518
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Meltzer says Edge vs Reigns is the plan for Wrestlemania
Old 02-04-2021, 10:01 AM   #17519
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

AEW announced the participants for the women's tournament. What pissed me off is my favorite AEW wrestler Big Swole isn't in it.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #17520
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Eli Drake is back in WWE at the NXT brand he is LA Knight now.

https://nodq.com/news/615351895.shtml

Also the moment I have dreaded happened. Taya Valkyrie signed with WWE. I'm not surprised because her husband is John Morrison. She is one of my favorite female wrestlers and if WWE mainly vince has her job to Charlotte when she hits the main roster I will be pissed

https://nodq.com/news/615342237.shtml

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 02-14-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling