The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #1621
AquaParade
Banned

I honestly would not mind if the MCU explained Don Cheadle taking over for Terrance Howard as a "rift in the universe". I don't care how dumb it is, Pandora's Box has been opened and re-casting is a bitch on my suspension of disbelief.
And it isn't worse than them retroactively claiming Peter Parker is the small boy w/ the Iron Man helmet in Iron Man 2, so the bar has been set.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #1622
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I honestly would not mind if the MCU explained Don Cheadle taking over for Terrance Howard as a "rift in the universe". I don't care how dumb it is, Pandora's Box has been opened and re-casting is a bitch on my suspension of disbelief.
And it isn't worse than them retroactively claiming Peter Parker is the small boy w/ the Iron Man helmet in Iron Man 2, so the bar has been set.
They intentionally address it in a one off line of dialog in the Iron Man 2 court scene. Tony makes a quip and Cheadle replies "I'm here, it's done, get over it". It's a reply to Tony's surprise in-story but it's also meant as a wink to the audience.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:02 AM   #1623
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It reads like The Holiday Killer is The Riddler in this film. I don't know how to feel about it because I like Riddler not being a killer.
https://gamerant.com/the-batman-ridd...ac-killer/amp/
Old 06-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #1624
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It reads like The Holiday Killer is The Riddler in this film. I don't know how to feel about it because I like Riddler not being a killer.
https://gamerant.com/the-batman-ridd...ac-killer/amp/
Didn't Batman: Hush have Ridder be a killer also?
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #1625
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Didn't Batman: Hush have Ridder be a killer also?
He was a behind-the-scenes mastermind in Hush.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:51 AM   #1626
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
He was a behind-the-scenes mastermind in Hush.
I meant the animated adaptation, where he WAS Hush
Old 06-12-2021, 02:57 PM   #1627
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I meant the animated adaptation, where he WAS Hush
Ohhhh.....
Yeah. That.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:03 PM   #1628
Leo656
The Franchise

Modern-day writers have more or less openly admitted that while they like the name "Riddler" and the question mark motif insofar as a gimmick, they can't figure out how to tell stories with him or make him a compelling character without turning him into Jigsaw from the "Saw" movies. That's where he is, there's no going back. "Classic Coke" Riddler is extinct.

I think it's bullsh*t, it's lazy, it's hack-ish, and as I've said a million times "If you change everything about a character except the name, it's NOT the same character anymore". But hey, not my circus, not my monkeys.

"Just make up your own sh*t and slap a familiar label on it to make a few more bucks" is what passes for "creativity" nowadays. It is what it is.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:32 PM   #1629
AquaParade
Banned

I'm so damn excited for this movie. As far as another "grounded" take goes, I'm loving the look and feel of this film.

That said, I'm also sort of ready to lean back into the more fantasy and gothic-like aspects of the franchise. I wouldn't mind a film inspired by Morrison's Arkham Asylum, at least in the way it is a bit gothic, cerebral, and a bit heightened in terms of reality.

An Alex Proyas-Batman film could have been really great during his peak. I'm thinking of the vibe he captured in Dark City. Sure, it wouldn't work for everyone - That's because it is interesting.
Old 06-15-2021, 09:52 AM   #1630
ZariusTwo
Overlord

You can't make s*it like this up

Catwoman Zoe Kravitz will make her directorial debut in "Pussy Island"

https://deadline.com/2021/06/zoe-kra...ge-1234775409/
Old 06-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #1631
Sumac
Banned

Wow! So empowering! Much Feminism!

I wonder how come that women who technically should be aware of what Feminism is, manage to made it a laughingstock and essentially play of role of handmaidens to men?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:27 AM   #1633
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A leaked hype package

https://streamable.com/ve0oum

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-06-2021 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:54 AM   #1634
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
"I have no clue what I’m going to do," Gunn said. "For me, Guardians 3 is probably the last one. I don’t know about doing it again. I do find, because of the ability to do different stuff in the DC multiverse, it’s fun. They’re starting to really resemble their comic books. The Marvel Universe has always been a little more cohesive, and DC has always had more great single runs. They had The Dark Knight Returns. They had Watchmen. They had The Killing Joke. They had Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing. The fact that they did Joker, which is a totally different type of movie, that to me is cool. I’m very excited about Matt’s movie [Matt Reeves' The Batman]. They’re getting some really good filmmakers involved. They’re always going to be hit or miss — I just don’t want them to get boring."
Totally agree with James Gunn on all the above. I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I'm loving the difference in approach between DC and Marvel movies of late, and it is quite true to the source material from this perspective.

That's why I chuckle when people get all up in arms about Batman or whoever being different from the comics version. Staying true to the comics version is an impossibility when the most beloved versions are all radically different interpretations from each other. It's like that old line "the only constant is change."
Old 07-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #1635
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Totally agree with James Gunn on all the above. I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I'm loving the difference in approach between DC and Marvel movies of late, and it is quite true to the source material from this perspective.

That's why I chuckle when people get all up in arms about Batman or whoever being different from the comics version. Staying true to the comics version is an impossibility when the most beloved versions are all radically different interpretations from each other. It's like that old line "the only constant is change."
Not only this but no one ever seems to bring up or talk about the Batman comics from 1939, the 40s, 50s, or 60s. Like the only aspect from his earliest issues that some may bring up is how he used to kill ("A fitting end to his kind"). His stories after those decades like Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke, etc are all fans ever talk about.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:33 PM   #1636
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Not only this but no one ever seems to bring up or talk about the Batman comics from 1939, the 40s, 50s, or 60s. Like the only aspect from his earliest issues that some may bring up is how he used to kill ("A fitting end to his kind"). His stories after those decades like Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke, etc are all fans ever talk about.
Golden Age and many Silver Age comics are a real slog in the mud to get through when reading them, man. There were a lot of concepts introduced in those periods (obviously) that had merit and clearly survived 90 years of publishing, but the majority of it was conceptual and not really narratively captivating or executed well.

Golden age and a lot of the Silver age creativity was conceptually brilliant but low-level in execution. There are obviously a few earlier exceptions, but generally speaking it was the Bronze Age material that really gave a wider breadth to captivating story telling in execution.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:45 PM   #1637
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Years after people flipped out over Ben Affleck being cast as Batman, the neckbeards on Twitter now want the standalone movie he walked away from director, writer and whatever else from

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Make...ertical=trends

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #1638
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Those are the same neckbeards that gave us the Snyder cut of JL, are fighting for the #ayercut of Suicide Squad and generally understand the characters better than DC. Based neckbeards
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:10 AM   #1639
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Poor timing seeing as DC are currently trying to phase Bruce out of the comics entirely

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Those are the same neckbeards that gave us the Snyder cut of JL, are fighting for the #ayercut of Suicide Squad and generally understand the characters better than DC. Based neckbeards
DC heroes are not edgelords and the general audience do not think of them as such. That was very much the cause for Didio's downfall at DC as well. Snyder's vision is unique and works in it's own world, but it should not be the standard bearer for the whole line.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:11 AM   #1640
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
i'm pointing out the hypocrisy in what these fans on social media are doing. They hated Ben Affleck as Batman so much that he drove himself into depression....now they want him back? It doesn't work that way.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader