The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #1281
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm assuming they're going to kill off Caitlin, probably.
she doesn't do anything anymore anyway, and the actress looks bored, even with the frost stuff.

poor joe took the most dramatic turn to caring to not giving a ****.
even with his supposed show wife.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:04 PM   #1282
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Dang need to catch up with the flash. Been a year and some since I watched. Has the show fallen off anyone? How bad did it get ?

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #1284
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They honestly should have just left Cisco out. He doesn't even pretend to want to be here now (not that I blame him).

Saw the season finale. Yikes. A bunch of weird plots with Joe's old boss and her powers (??), Iris gets speed powers and her costume again, annnnd... it ends in a big lightsaber duel? Like, an actual lightsaber duel? Also, Impulse paints his nails.

Fairly nice last scene though. And that Flash-Iris daughter actress seems more happy to be there than anyone else on the show. They should've utilized her more. She is like early season Felicity on Arrow. Infectious, in a good way.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #1285
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They honestly should have just left Cisco out. He doesn't even pretend to want to be here now (not that I blame him).

Saw the season finale. Yikes. A bunch of weird plots with Joe's old boss and her powers (??), Iris gets speed powers and her costume again, annnnd... it ends in a big lightsaber duel? Like, an actual lightsaber duel? Also, Impulse paints his nails.

Fairly nice last scene though. And that Flash-Iris daughter actress seems more happy to be there than anyone else on the show. They should've utilized her more. She is like early season Felicity on Arrow. Infectious, in a good way.
They jumped the man shark these last few seasons.... but this episode was the worst, except for the XS actress. Everyone seems to be phoning it in except her.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #1286
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://collider.com/the-flash-seaos...-plot-details/

Quote:
The Flash is coming back bigger than ever with its upcoming eighth season. The CW has announced that the superhero drama will kick off its new season with a five-part special event titled Armageddon. Better yet, the mega-sized episode will bring back fan-favorite heroes and villains from across the Arrowverse.

Armageddon is set to widen the roster of Team Flash with Javicia Leslie as Batwoman, Brandon Routh as The Atom, Cress Williams as Black Lightning, Chyler Leigh as Sentinel, Kat McNamara as Mia Queen and Osric Chau as Ryan Choi. Except that's not all! Tom Cavanagh and Neal McDonough will also return as two parts of the Legion of Doom – Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash and Damien Darhk!
Old 08-25-2021, 02:14 PM   #1287
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
All flash and no bang... pun intended.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:45 PM   #1288
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It will suck. They forgot how to do fun crossovers after like the Earth-X one.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:53 PM   #1289
CyberCubed
Overlord

This show is on its 8th season?! WTF?

How on earth do these shows last so long? It's mind boggling. 8 seasons? Really?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:59 PM   #1290
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This show is on its 8th season?! WTF?

How on earth do these shows last so long? It's mind boggling. 8 seasons? Really?
1.Cause people enjoy these shows you knob.

2. Flash was the second show of the Arrowverse so makes sense it should go 8 seasons.

3. Flash is one of CW's highest rated shows too.

(Even though S6-S7 sucked it was still the 3rd highest rated show on CW)
Old 08-26-2021, 05:55 PM   #1291
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
BAFTA Award-winner Tony Curran (Your Honor, Ray Donovan) has joined the cast of the CW’s The Flash in the role of Despero. He is currently filming the upcoming eighth season of the series.

The character is described as a powerful and intelligent alien possessing incredible telepathic powers who left his homeworld—Kalanor—under mysterious circumstances. Now he’s facing a deadly mission on Earth, one whose outcome will decide the fate of humankind and put him on a collision course with Team Flash.
https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-fla...-8-1234822486/
Old 08-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #1292
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

When they say “widen the roster of Team Flash” does that mean someone like Black Lightning will be in other episodes of season 8 besides the 5 part crossover?

Would be cool as I really enjoyed the Flash and BL moments from Infinite Crisis.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #1293
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-fl...ok-at-despero/

First look at Despero

Also Flash gets his gold boots in Season 8

https://twitter.com/MajorIssuesCBC/s...85472777687043
Old 10-16-2021, 11:18 AM   #1294
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

From DC Fandome
Old 10-19-2021, 12:02 PM   #1295
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Trailer for the Armageddon event

ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #1296
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I’m watching season 7 for the first time and at episode 16….wondering why Iris wasn’t in that one plus the 2 before this one? Did the actress have COVID at the time or another reason for her absence? Not that it’s a big deal to me but just wondering why she’s not in those episodes
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:00 AM   #1297
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Man, hard to believe I started wavering on trying to keep up with this show sometime in the midst of Season 5. And now it's almost 2022, and I want nothing to do with the CW superhero shows.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:23 AM   #1298
CyberCubed
Overlord

Shows like this lasting over 8 seasons and nearly 200 episodes while other high quality shows get canceled after 2 or 3 years blows my mind. I know it’s the popularity of DC heroes themselves keeping the shows going but the quality takes a nosedive so fast
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #1299
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well the CW shows were high quality but they started to lower in quality and they started to pump out too many in continuity spin-off shows that had constant crossovers. That's when they lost me, I needed to dedicated too many hours to keep up with the shows, the quality was worse and there were so many damn episodes it became overwhelming so I stopped and never returned.

A shame since likely it'll never happen again at least a shared superhero tv show universe full of shows and characters. The last seasons I watched from Arrow and flash were alright but not worth having to sit through 6 different 1 hour 22 episode season shows to get the entire story. That first season of Arrow and The Flash, man so fantastic, I think it's a case of too much of a good (+decaying in quality) is bad.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #1300
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well the CW shows were high quality but they started to lower in quality and they started to pump out too many in continuity spin-off shows that had constant crossovers. That's when they lost me, I needed to dedicated too many hours to keep up with the shows, the quality was worse and there were so many damn episodes it became overwhelming so I stopped and never returned.

A shame since likely it'll never happen again at least a shared superhero tv show universe full of shows and characters. The last seasons I watched from Arrow and flash were alright but not worth having to sit through 6 different 1 hour 22 episode season shows to get the entire story. That first season of Arrow and The Flash, man so fantastic, I think it's a case of too much of a good (+decaying in quality) is bad.
The first couple of seasons of Arrow were watchable. The Flash started strong and I was on board with Supergirl until the "I don't want to work for angry, old white men" line.

Then I dropped all of it. That line should go down in racist history as an example of the cultural zeitgeist. It's pathetic.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flash, run barry run!