The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2022, 09:05 AM   #5781
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
Anyone in Chicago had any luck finding the 2 pack Super Bebop & Mighty Rocksteady or the Tokka & Rahzar Animated version?
Not me. I bought the robots on Target.com. If I happen to find T&R up or down that 355/Eisenhower stretch though I'll let you know.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:21 AM   #5782
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Anyone looking for the Antrax and Scumbag 2Pack in the Milwaukee area….West Allis Target has 4 of them.

Plus 1 Robot Bebop/Rocksteady
5 Metalheads
2 Channel 6 Packs with the security lock on them
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:56 AM   #5783
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Just got a notice from UPS via my UPS account that a package from BUYCOSTUMES is coming tomorrow. My order was for Tokka/Rahzar, Style Guide, Fugitoid and I am in the USA.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:58 AM   #5784
oldmanwinters
Overlord

New ROBO R&B showcase photos up on TheFwoosh:
http://thefwoosh.com/2022/03/neca-te...ty-rocksteady/

They really do look like they stepped right out of a cartoon episode!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:11 PM   #5785
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

I just received my toon T&R and Fugitoid from Haulathon.com — never got a shipping notification / tracking number and my order still shows as "unfulfilled" so it was a nice surprise today.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:59 PM   #5786
Banned

are robotic/super bebop and mighty rocksteady the same size or bigger than the standard bebop and rocksteady? looks like they maybe smaller, hard to tell in the pics, but the standard versions are huge, they couldn’t possibly be that big as them?
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:08 PM   #5787
Dask
Mad Scientist

NECA kind of acknowledged that the following figures are not best-sellers:

Mondo Gecko
Muckman
Baxter (video game)
Chrome Dome
Channel 6 Set
Wingnut and Needlenose
Groundchuck and Dirtbag
The Punk Frogs

All of the aforementioned figures are being retired once the stores run out of their current stock.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:33 PM   #5788
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I’ve never seen a more fabricated attempt at controlling NECA’s narrative as your statement above.

Your claim is baseless.
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:54 PM   #5789
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicexct View Post
I’ve never seen a more fabricated attempt at controlling NECA’s narrative as your statement above.

Your claim is baseless.
No need to get all personal about it. I'm probably a bigger NECA fan than you irl.

Besides, all of the mentioned figures are shelf-warmers (it's pretty much known that Wingnut and the punk frogs don't sell all that much despite their awesomeness).

To be fair, I've used the mildest words possible here including "kind of" and "are not best sellers".

Have you even checked out NECA's instagram post that triggered my comment here? Probably not, Mr. I-Didn't-Get-the-Memo. Go to their IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbs0xrgNS8c/
Old 03-29-2022, 03:07 PM   #5790
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Quote:
No need to get all personal about it. I'm probably a bigger NECA fan than you irl.

Besides, all of the mentioned figures are shelf-warmers (it's pretty much known that Wingnut and the punk frogs don't sell all that much despite their awesomeness).

To be fair, I've used the mildest words possible here including "kind of" and "are not best sellers".

Have you even checked out NECA's instagram post that triggered my comment here? Probably not, Mr. I-Didn't-Get-the-Memo. Go to their IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbs0xrgNS8c/
I did see the Instagram post. It doesn’t shed an ounce of “these figures aren’t selling.”

Bragging that you’re a bigger NECA fan than me IRL? The Internet forums have hit an all time low. ????
Old 03-29-2022, 03:08 PM   #5791
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

necaofficial*This*#turtletuesday, we want to let all you Shellheads know that the following NECA TMNT figures are being retired to make way for even more Turtle-tastic goodness. We have many more new figures to tease, and in the meantime, these figures are going going gone. Current stock is all that will be available, so pick them up from your favorite stores while you can!

That doesn't mean that they were poor sellers. Now, a pair of foot soldiers or Triceraton infantryman pair are skippable for me, but not the above mentioned,though I am not able to obtain the Channel Six News set in a store. My local Target's shelves have been vacant for awhile.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:12 PM   #5792
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I did see the Instagram post. It doesn’t shed an ounce of “these figures aren’t selling.”

Bragging that you’re a bigger NECA fan than me IRL? The Internet forums have hit an all time low. ????
Why is everyone’s English comprehension so shoddy? I never said that they aren’t selling, only that they aren’t best sellers. Obviously if you let them sit for weeks on end, they will eventually sell out. The issue right now is that the remaining characters left in the line are relatively obscure so NECA may want to evaluate their overall inventory
Old 03-29-2022, 03:15 PM   #5793
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
necaofficial*This*#turtletuesday, we want to let all you Shellheads know that the following NECA TMNT figures are being retired to make way for even more Turtle-tastic goodness. We have many more new figures to tease, and in the meantime, these figures are going going gone. Current stock is all that will be available, so pick them up from your favorite stores while you can!

That doesn't mean that they were poor sellers. Now, a pair of foot soldiers or Triceraton infantryman pair are skippable for me, but not the above mentioned,though I am not able to obtain the Channel Six News set in a store. My local Target's shelves have been vacant for awhile.
Never said they were poor sellers. I only said that they weren’t exactly best sellers, which is true at face value. Even the Splinter and Baxter packs eventually sold out. Why is everyone trying to insinuate that I am some sort of a doom and gloom forecaster.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:19 PM   #5794
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
LOL. I see that you’re new to world of Internet forums. Welcome!
Old 03-29-2022, 03:24 PM   #5795
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Never said they were poor sellers. I only said that they weren’t exactly best sellers, which is true at face value. Even the Splinter and Baxter packs eventually sold out. Why is everyone trying to insinuate that I am some sort of a doom and gloom forecaster.
Because people here are emotionally stunted f's and this is the best place for the life angry to draw their line in the sand and invent in their minds that they are outwardly just for running their mouths over nonsense. It's like that one douchebag I blocked who literally builds a pyre against the BST AXN toys as if he's really dug-in in a life of merit over his assaults on lesser people over his toy opinions.

So know your enemy and just trail it off like I've had to.

On another note, I think it could be argued that many of those packs in question were not great sellers. There are definitely factors at play there - for example the online pre-orders have made things more accessible which means that scalpers aren't getting as far by buying Target inventory, so they buy less of it.

But even in that example with justification, those packs are therefore, poorer sellers than the earlier ones. And the other truth is that most of the time the longer a line goes on, the less new item demand there is. Then, years later there is an inversion where the stuff that shelf-warmed becomes the aftermarket movers.

So yeah, it's entirely possible and even likely that the NECA pieces in the "retired graphic" actually didn't sell as strongly as other sets.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:25 PM   #5796
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Why is everyone’s English comprehension so shoddy? I never said that they aren’t selling, only that they aren’t best sellers. Obviously if you let them sit for weeks on end, they will eventually sell out. The issue right now is that the remaining characters left in the line are relatively obscure so NECA may want to evaluate their overall inventory

You literally used the phrase shelf warmer and said they aren’t selling all that well. You said this yourself!
Old 03-29-2022, 03:28 PM   #5797
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

All the original 2 packs aren’t for sale anymore. The Casey and April 2 packs aren’t around anymore. Does that mean they weren’t best sellers? No it doesn’t.

I take that Instagram post as, these items aren’t going to be reissued since everyone had the chance to buy them online and in store already. So don’t tweet or post @ NECA asking in a year or so when they are coming back. This is the official retirement post.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:32 PM   #5798
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
All the original 2 packs aren’t for sale anymore. The Casey and April 2 packs aren’t around anymore. Does that mean they weren’t best sellers? No it doesn’t.

I take that Instagram post as, these items aren’t going to be reissued since everyone had the chance to buy them online and in store already. So don’t tweet or post @ NECA asking in a year or so when they are coming back. This is the official retirement post.
Red herrings, non sequiturs and shifting of the goalposts don’t advance your case. I’m aware of Casey but no one mentioned Casey. We’re talking about specific figures that NECA is trying to permanently clear from their inventory to make room for newer products. Specific figures that are not best sellers.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:09 PM   #5799
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Because people here are emotionally stunted f's and this is the best place for the life angry to draw their line in the sand and invent in their minds that they are outwardly just for running their mouths over nonsense. It's like that one douchebag I blocked who literally builds a pyre against the BST AXN toys as if he's really dug-in in a life of merit over his assaults on lesser people over his toy opinions.

So know your enemy and just trail it off like I've had to. .
It's really because you are just a big cry baby and just has thin skin. It Still cracks me up that you sent over one of your minions to PM me, making threats and even mentioning that I should watch my back (I still have the psychotic PM's from him). How pathetic that you want to call me the Douche, when really the douche is you! If a persons opinion bothers you that much, than maybe it's you who is an "emotionally stunted F" that runs his mouth just as much

Only cowards block others, because that's what cowards do, while making empty threats (from your butt buddy on top of it, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was you from another account)
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:25 PM   #5800
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Mondo Gecko
Muckman
Baxter (video game)
Chrome Dome
Channel 6 Set
Wingnut and Needlenose
Groundchuck and Dirtbag
The Punk Frogs

All of the aforementioned figures are being retired once the stores run out of their current stock.
Ground-chuck and Dirtbag sold relatively fast everywhere around me but the others are absolute shelf warmers.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote