The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #1401
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, I don't think that's the plan anymore, if it ever was. Doomsday Clock revealed that 5G is just a random universe in the multiverse... so it'll just be standalone stuff like the Earth-1 books while the main DCU continues.
It reminds me of the Lois Lane open marriage making her look sleazy then Superman outs his identity changing direction while still being attention getting.

Its almost like the DC Black approach continuing the big six being published and 5G could be flipfloped and the 5G will become the DC Black angle instead.

I was curious to what Earth-1985 is exactly. So THE Crisis is averted and everything goes on. We see Linda Danvers headband and all and a masked John Stewart.I hope it does not negate the Satellite era JLA, but it does start to suck with Jason Todd and Detroit when Crisis hit.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #1402
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I came across a Rebirth mini-series called Titans Hunt. I dismissed it as the hated Titans 1990/1991 story-line of the same name, but this appears to be something different. I was wondering if anyone has read it or knew what it is about before I track down the mini-series. It looks to be a story of the original Titans despite the latter New Teen Titans period title it shares. Thanks in advance for information.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #1403
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its a $5 fee. I put in for the last Wednesday of September as the end date. Would you believe this was an idea I came up with as a joke when the shop owner was ranting about how he hates Deadpool and DC following Marvel in another round of failed enforced diversity? Answer: create new characters. However, until DC realizes to stick with the mainstays or slow into the OG Titans why not let the LCS owner make a joke of Deadpool and 5G? This will allow the shop owner to not roll his eyes every time he hears the name "Deadpool" and make a little $ off of it. Its funny where conversations will go.
Love it.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:48 PM   #1404
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, I don't think that's the plan anymore, if it ever was. Doomsday Clock revealed that 5G is just a random universe in the multiverse... so it'll just be standalone stuff like the Earth-1 books while the main DCU continues.
Doomsday Clock is in itself a problematic series of dubious continuity that doesn't align much with what DC are currently doing, they had to establish hyper time had been broken in other books to excuse why nothing fit.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #1405
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Some more details on the sequel to Dark Nights: Metal, which is reportedly called 'Death Metal' and will focus more majorly on Wonder Woman, references will be made to Doomsday Clock and the ageing up of several key heroes may be alluded to here also

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...-greg-capullo/
Old 01-09-2020, 11:12 AM   #1406
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Some more details on the sequel to Dark Nights: Metal, which is reportedly called 'Death Metal' and will focus more majorly on Wonder Woman, references will be made to Doomsday Clock and the ageing up of several key heroes may be alluded to here also

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...-greg-capullo/
Eh. I didn't even like the original Metal, except for the awesomeness that was The Batman Who Laughs.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #1407
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Whose excited for Harley Quinn & The Birds of Prey coming out Feb 2020

The Book is basically the Birds of Prey movie but Joker is the main villain

This new book has Harley swearing off the Joker for good, and him responding by putting a $10,000,000 bounty on her head. It causes all of Gotham's villains to start hunting her down, and she reaches out to the Birds of Prey for help - Black Canary, Huntress, Renee Montoya, and Cassandra Cain's Batgirl. Cain is more commonly known in the current continuity as Orphan, despite being canonically the best Batgirl the comics have ever had.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...ries-announced
Old 01-09-2020, 12:24 PM   #1408
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Whose excited for Harley Quinn & The Birds of Prey coming out Feb 2020

The Book is basically the Birds of Prey movie but Joker is the main villain

This new book has Harley swearing off the Joker for good, and him responding by putting a $10,000,000 bounty on her head. It causes all of Gotham's villains to start hunting her down, and she reaches out to the Birds of Prey for help - Black Canary, Huntress, Renee Montoya, and Cassandra Cain's Batgirl. Cain is more commonly known in the current continuity as Orphan, despite being canonically the best Batgirl the comics have ever had.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...ries-announced
Fvck them for making Cassandra Cain (yes, the best Batgirl the comics have ever had) a pudgy clumsy preteen in a cast.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #1409
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Modern DC Comics, the new cartoon, and the BOP movie completly miss the point of Harley's connection to the Joker. Without him, she has no reason to stay insane or even a criminal/anti-heroine, as revealed by her final fate in the DCAU (Return of the Joker), she laid low after being presumed dead, retired, got married, had kids, and was actually furious that her grandchildren became criminals.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:23 AM   #1410
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Eh. I didn't even like the original Metal, except for the awesomeness that was The Batman Who Laughs.
What I did not like where those of us who did not read Dark Knights Metal had no clue who he is and were expected to know who he was in Justice League.

How is the Dark Multiverse different from the Anti-Matter Universe?
Old 01-11-2020, 02:20 AM   #1411
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Wonder Woman's new origin will feature in WW#750, kicking off DC's official new timeline post-Doomsday Clock

https://www.newsarama.com/48569-wond...yan-hitch.html
Old 01-11-2020, 02:34 AM   #1412
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Wonder Woman's new origin will feature in WW#750, kicking off DC's official new timeline post-Doomsday Clock

https://www.newsarama.com/48569-wond...yan-hitch.html
Annnd I'm sure they promise to stick to this one for at least the next 20 years, right?

Jesus, WW really takes a beating in terms of origin stuff. Way worse than Superman. They really need to stop obsessing over the origins. Pick one, then make great stories that people care about that work in the canon. That's all they have to do.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #1413
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Commissioner Bullock? When did that lonely slob become commissioner? Where is James Gordon? I am only reading Detective Comics.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:06 PM   #1414
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Commissioner Bullock? When did that lonely slob become commissioner? Where is James Gordon? I am only reading Detective Comics.
i got roped back into Detective Comics when Tomasi took over.
but it's been on a steady decline, and has been losing my interest.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:27 AM   #1415
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
James Gordon was infected by the Batman Who Laughs and is currently evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i got roped back into Detective Comics when Tomasi took over.
but it's been on a steady decline, and has been losing my interest.
As soon as he turned Nora Fries evil again I checked out. The only time DC ever did right by her during a thaw-out angle was in The Batman Adventures.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 01-12-2020 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:38 PM   #1416
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I suppose just like The Batman Who Laughs showing up as Luthor's captive in Justice League and I thought Prometheus had been jokerized. Its the price we pay for not reading everything.

Why Bullock though? Chief O'Hara! Or at least someone who does not have a negative history even if weded to the job.

There was an explanation at least for Nora going rogue this time. We also knew that it was coming thanks to solicits. Hope for some follow ups. There looked to be more to come with Arkham Knight and hoping for a resolution with Nora. I am sticking around through the upcoming Two Face arc. I guess I want pay off. Two Face was the villain in the first arc that I picked up in #989 so perhaps the plot threads will be picked up from that. I may jump off after the arc, but I take it one story at a time.

It looks like The Riddler is the most inconsistently portrayed villain. Signs point to this with him showing up in Batman#88. Hopefully someone will finally get Eddie right. Its been awhile.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #1417
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Nightwing sees Dick begin to piece together his life again, and he now remembers the time he proposed to Barbra Gordon in pre-flashpoint. The flashbacks still see him wearing a different version of his Robin outfit though.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #1418
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Nightwing sees Dick begin to piece together his life again, and he now remembers the time he proposed to Barbra Gordon in pre-flashpoint. The flashbacks still see him wearing a different version of his Robin outfit though.
I would say its for the better because the short pants don't cut with the modern day. I was not thrilled seeing Barbara kiss Jason Bard in the last Batgirl issue. Maybe there is still hope.

Zarius, did you read Titans Hunt miniseries from 2016? I was wondering if it was worth a read.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:56 AM   #1419
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I would say its for the better because the short pants don't cut with the modern day. I was not thrilled seeing Barbara kiss Jason Bard in the last Batgirl issue. Maybe there is still hope.
Bard's just a rebound and Babs is hurting from Ric rejecting her and seeing him with Bea. I'm perceiving that she sees Bard as someone she can 'fix' in a way she couldn't 'fix' Dick, but we all know every time Dick re-enters her life, she's with someone and eventually those relationships fall apart because she loves him too much and they get back together.

Quote:
Zarius, did you read Titans Hunt miniseries from 2016? I was wondering if it was worth a read.
I'm not as big on modern Titans as much as I should be, so no, I haven't read it.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #1420
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Bard's just a rebound and Babs is hurting from Ric rejecting her and seeing him with Bea. I'm perceiving that she sees Bard as someone she can 'fix' in a way she couldn't 'fix' Dick, but we all know every time Dick re-enters her life, she's with someone and eventually those relationships fall apart because she loves him too much and they get back together.

I'm not as big on modern Titans as much as I should be, so no, I haven't read it.
I read Batgirl but not Nightwing, so I am not familar with Bea. I know Didio does not like them together, but its the one relationship that seems more realistic than Bruce/Selina. The whole thing with Bard, there is the fake dislike and secret crush he had on Barbara and when he originally appeared they dated in the early 70s'. By the time she took the Congressional role it was swept away.

Since it focused on the original 60s'/70s' group I was curious if Titans: Hunt was any good. I don't care for Titans beyond 1985's Tales#55. Everything after that just seems to be dragged on plots after the original plots had wrapped. Also Prez was gone which is what i feel also hurt the series more than fans would like to admit.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman