The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 01:17 AM   #81
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I'll start by saying that I really like the Nick TMNT cartoon. I quickly knew I'd want to own this series and put it right next ot me 1987 TMNT series. Well I was one of those people that was going to wait and get this series in at least season sets if not a complete series set. Since I saw the information thanks to this site about the upcoming Nick TMNT Complete Season 1 Set, it didn't sound so great. I didn't love the cover art, which I know could still change, or the special features. I also didn't like the description of the set making it sound like it's size would be three regular DVD cases in a slipcover. I just wasn't feeling it after such a long wait for it.

I had been seeing the Nick season volumes since July 1st and how they were advertising a free movie ticket to see the new TMNT movie in theatres. It was tempting then but I wasn't going to break down now. Since the Season 1 description however, I just went for it! I went to my local Wal-Mart and got the first two volumes of season one in a nice slipcase bundle that had the free movie ticket included. $9.99! Sweet! And it also had, now this is where I get really dorky, the first two volumes' pictures on the spine of the slipcover. That way all four turtles and The Shredder are on the spine of the slipcover and can be seen when put away. I really like to see pictures on the spines of my DVDs. I just do. I also got Mutagen Mayhem with the slipcover for $9.99 as well as The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones with the slipcover for $9.99 as well. The latter also has the free movie ticket for the movie.

At this point I had all of the Nick cartoon DVDs with slipcovers and characters on the spine except for Season 1, Vol. 3 Ultimate Showdown. I didn't buy it at Wal-Mart because they did have it, but without the slipcover. So two days later I went to Target and it was my last hope of finding Ultimate Showdown with a slipcover. I went down the aisle and I saw them. Three of them but...no slipcover.....except for the last one in the back! BOOM Ultimate Showdown with slipcover in perfect condition! Like I said, I'm a dork. And it just so happened to be on sale for $13! So I was very happy about that.

All in all I got the entire first season all with slipcovers for $22.99, which will probably be cheaper than the complete first season set when it comes out in a few months. I also got Season 2, Vol. 1 & 2 for $19.98 with slipcovers. I really like Rahzar and Casey on the spines! I'm just happy I'll get to rewatch this series sooner than I thought I would plus I get to take myself and my girlfriend to see the new TMNT movie for free!

I do hope that the next volume for season two features Tiger Claw on the spine!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #82
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

The first thing I do is turn the slip sheet inside out so the character picture and bio is facing out. The slip cover is actually called an 'O' Card in the factory where the dvd's are packaged.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #83
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
The first thing I do is turn the slip sheet inside out so the character picture and bio is facing out. The slip cover is actually called an 'O' Card in the factory where the dvd's are packaged.
That's an interesting way to do that but that makes cool sense. I was able to watch the first two volumes of season one over the weekend. Really enjoyed the first double episode and especially seeing "The Gauntlet" again!

Is it just me, or was it annoying to have the opening theme song randomly taken out of about half of the episodes? Why would they do that? It's a little jerking at first. I hope I get used to it.

Another question. I have a few of the DVDs with the slipcover / 'O' Cards that have the sticker for a free movie ticket for the new TMNT movie. Do you have to peel the sticker off to get the "code" or whatever it is you need to claim the free ticket? I didn't find anything in my DVD cases when I opened them to claim it. I was wondering how to get the free movie ticket.

EDIT: I reread in this thread that the information I need for the free movie ticket is indeed on the back of the sticker. Thanks saintsaucey for that!

Last edited by Darth Knuckles; 07-21-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #84
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Haha...stupid canadians.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #85
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
It was just a joke...relax
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #86
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It was just a joke...relax
Oh, okay.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:45 AM   #87
jenna
Mad Scientist

Has anyone heard any murmurings about when this DVD will be released in the UK?
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases, tmnt: the good