The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-24-2023, 03:03 PM   #61
miru
Mad Scientist

This makes me feel like the next main series after Tales should be 2k3-level traditional to spice things up and please certain fans.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 03:15 PM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

(Just no out-of-character asshat characterization.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 03:39 PM   #63
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
https://media.tenor.com/cyYd-9v7-XcAAAAC/puss-in.gif

(Just no out-of-character asshat characterization.)
You know that's a guarantee.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:47 PM   #64
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Toys for the MM-sequel tv series shown at toyfair but could not be photographed

Thread here:

https://twitter.com/TheGeekiary/stat...74441316839845
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:03 AM   #65
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Toy World Magazine confirms that the Tales line and series launches Q3 of 2024

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/tales-of...2024-premiere/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 02:58 PM   #66
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So, probably summer when school is out and it's too hot to do much but stay in and stream TMNT? Sounds like a safe choice.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:59 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
So, probably summer when school is out and it's too hot to do much but stay in and stream TMNT?
No offense, but that sounds like the mark of a really, really limited imagination.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 03:06 PM   #68
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No offense, but that sounds like the mark of a really, really limited imagination.
Unless it's raining while it's hot and you CANT go outside.

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:19 PM   #69
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

The more stuff like this comes out the less chance we have of seeing something worthy of the franchise. Something more mature and intelligent.

To be fair, there are a few heartfelt moments in Mutant Mayhem - but it's all overshadowed by vomit jokes etc.

I should be more discerning with what I watch - I go to see anything and everything at the cinema, even stuff that isn't that good. And that is simply because of my FOMO.
The Inventive Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:40 PM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You underestimate how lazy people, esp kids who prefer their screen time, are now. And are often allowed to be.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:02 PM   #71
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inventive Donatello View Post
The more stuff like this comes out the less chance we have of seeing something worthy of the franchise. Something more mature and intelligent.

To be fair, there are a few heartfelt moments in Mutant Mayhem - but it's all overshadowed by vomit jokes etc.

I should be more discerning with what I watch - I go to see anything and everything at the cinema, even stuff that isn't that good. And that is simply because of my FOMO.
True. It took me years to watch the Bay turtles movies. And it took me at least a few months after MM came out for Paramount+ to watch it.
And I did it mostly for the peace of mind of knowing I gave it a chance.

And I did. And I couldn't care less for the sequel or the show based on it.
But at least it recharged my love for TMNT cause it made me appreciate ... well... everything else.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:29 PM   #72
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
True. It took me years to watch the Bay turtles movies. And it took me at least a few months after MM came out for Paramount+ to watch it.
And I did it mostly for the peace of mind of knowing I gave it a chance.

And I did. And I couldn't care less for the sequel or the show based on it.
But at least it recharged my love for TMNT cause it made me appreciate ... well... everything else.
Yeah, you had to give it a go so you could have an informed opinion rather than relying on hearsay (even if that hearsay was correct). I respect that and am generally similar.

And, like you say, it has the added bonus of making you appreciate more the better TMNT iterations. Nothing in this franchise is perfect but there's some good quality stuff and it could be a whole lot worse, as PD/Bay stuff demonstrates.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:19 PM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why can't we have more that one going at a time, a series and movie for the kids AND others for older audiences? It's not like Nick/Paramount doesn't already have properties it has multiple series for like SpongeBob and Loud House, and all the same target even, like just squeezing money from the same source. Seems foolish to not want to expand the reach with a property like TMNT that's proven to have an older audience also available. Streaming or another channel the company I owns would work?
Old 01-09-2024, 06:47 PM   #74
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Why can't we have more that one going at a time, a series and movie for the kids AND others for older audiences? It's not like Nick/Paramount doesn't already have properties it has multiple series for like SpongeBob and Loud House, and all the same target even, like just squeezing money from the same source. Seems foolish to not want to expand the reach with a property like TMNT that's proven to have an older audience also available. Streaming or another channel the company I owns would work?
I said that in another thread - similar to Batman with different stuff targeting different audiences/demographics/age groups. I'd love that. It would be great for everyone, those who enjoy whatever they prefer - light-hearted stuff or more serious (to put it crudely in black and white language).

I'd also be more inclined to watch the more kiddy stuff to see how it compares, knowing there's adult stuff I can default to. Kind of like how I love Mirage and still haven't read Archie yet - but I will read Archie just to see how different it is to Mirage. I have a more positive view on the lighter stuff because the darker stuff exists too, ironically. I am sure others would feel similarly.

I guess it isn't profitable or worth it - I am sure the big wigs will have crunched the numbers.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:09 PM   #75
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Exactly, I'd still likely catch the kiddie stuff, too, in that case, esp as it wouldn't be off putting sitting here starving for something more mature. Things the kid stuff does that some of us 'old' fans don't care for would have much less sting to it if it's not the only series going and isn't the sole definitive representation of them at a given time on tv or big screen .

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-09-2024 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:25 PM   #76
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Exactly, I'd still likely catch the kiddie stuff, too, in that case, esp as it wouldn't be off putting sitting here starving for something more mature. Things the kid stuff does that some of us 'old' fans don't care for would have much less sting to it if it's not the only series going and isn't the sole definitive representation of them at a given time on tv or big screen .
That's 100 per cent the point I am making.

It would be so much easier to appreciate the lighter stuff if there were options.

Like how I like a pizza but would feel ill if I ate it every night of the week rather than now and then. Plenty of the time I want something of better quality. Then I can go have my pizza as something different.

OPTIONS.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:14 PM   #77
shihe
Hench Mutant

I used to poke a little fun at people who wanted TMNT to be edgy or dark or real violent.

But this Nickelodeon Era has made me want... BLOOD in the franchise.

I've turned 180° on my former stance. I appreciate the little edgier stuff we have so much more now.
(I've never been big on comics... but I've been driven to read Mirage, and I'm enjoying it SO MUCH. Right down to reading black and White pages).
Old 01-09-2024, 09:22 PM   #78
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
I used to poke a little fun at people who wanted TMNT to be edgy or dark or real violent.

But this Nickelodeon Era has made me want... BLOOD in the franchise.

I've turned 180° on my former stance. I appreciate the little edgier stuff we have so much more now.
(I've never been big on comics... but I've been driven to read Mirage, and I'm enjoying it SO MUCH. Right down to reading black and White pages).
By mature we don't really mean blood, guts, violence etc.

We just mean intelligent, adult storytelling and serious themes, with interesting cinematography. It just so happens that violence is often a by-product of that.

Think of this - for me mature isn't blood and guts, it's stuff like Splinter talking to Raph or the campfire scene in the 1990 film. That's what I would like to see.

I have said it before on here, but something in the spirit of Netflix Daredevil for Mirage TMNT would be great. Secondly I would like an IDW animated series, as it is still a relatively mature comic. It's just gone too far the other way with stuff like Mutant Mayhem and Bay (though there are some heartfelt moments in MM as I said).

Just got your edit - glad you are enjoying Mirage. It truly is a unique universe. If you go through the Ultimate Collections the story will likely flow better as it omits the one shot stories (which you can go back to later). That is what I found anyway (though I first read Mirage Vol.1 long before the UCs came out anyway).
Old 01-10-2024, 02:43 PM   #79
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inventive Donatello View Post
By mature we don't really mean blood, guts, violence etc.

We just mean intelligent, adult storytelling and serious themes, with interesting cinematography. It just so happens that violence is often a by-product of that.

Think of this - for me mature isn't blood and guts, it's stuff like Splinter talking to Raph or the campfire scene in the 1990 film. That's what I would like to see.

I have said it before on here, but something in the spirit of Netflix Daredevil for Mirage TMNT would be great. Secondly I would like an IDW animated series, as it is still a relatively mature comic. It's just gone too far the other way with stuff like Mutant Mayhem and Bay (though there are some heartfelt moments in MM as I said).

Just got your edit - glad you are enjoying Mirage. It truly is a unique universe. If you go through the Ultimate Collections the story will likely flow better as it omits the one shot stories (which you can go back to later). That is what I found anyway (though I first read Mirage Vol.1 long before the UCs came out anyway).
No yeah you're right. I didn't mean to disregard writing. But yeah that's especially what I need the most out of new tmnt projects on screen.

Daredevil Netflix shows were exactly what I had in mind while typing tbh. (Although at the time I watched them, even I foun the violence a tad excessive. Keywords, at the time)

Tmnt 1990s was one heartfelt moment after the other. Even the sequels had these too.

In Mutant Mayhem, the only part I thought was heartfelt, was the scene where Leo realizes that the entire city hates all mutants.

So yeah, I do feel it needs more mature themes as well. More interesting topics than fitting in high-school and saving prom. And most of all, I need it to get closer to the source material once again. Let Splinter be a NINJA MASTER from Japan, whether he's Splinter the rat, or Hamato turned Splinter.

Let there be a history between him and Shreeder (otherwise, they lost 50% of my interest from the start)

Make the turtles blood Brothers and similar with minor differences.

And have Mikey be the comic relief again. Instead of EVERYONE being one. Ever since everyone is funny, Mikey has been the leat interesting turtle, personally. (And he used to be my favorite).
Old 01-11-2024, 09:28 AM   #80
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

As long as it's not another 2012 Mikey.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote