The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 02-16-2022, 03:34 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

GI Joe: Saturday Morning Adventures (IDW)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/gi-j...-three-wishes/

Quote:
GI JOE: SATURDAY MORNING ADVENTURES #1
IDW PUBLISHING
DEC210515
DEC210517 – GI JOE RAH SATURDAY MORNING ADV #1 (OF 4) CVR C 10 COPY PENN
(W) Erik Burnham (A / CA) Dan Schoening
G.I. Joe is the codename for America's daring, highly trained, special mission force. Its purpose: To defend human freedom against Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world… well, you know the story! But now, Cobra might have found their most versatile weapon yet! Can even G.I. Joe stop the Aladdin Initiative?
Find out in this special Saturday morning send up, based on the classic 1980s cartoon, and brought to you by the superstar creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Luis Antonio Delgado (Ghostbusters, Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors)!
In Shops: 2/16/2022
SRP: $3.99
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:17 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I am currently watching the GI Joe cartoon from 1983 (I would've loved it as a child if I'd managed to catch it in Sweden). A little bit repititive sometimes (especially since the GI Joe Team kick the butt of Cobra in so many episodes), but still many funny episodes. It is notable to TMNT fans that Rob Paulsen is a voice actor for Snow Job and Tripwire, and there are episodes written by television writers like Buzz Dixon and Ted Pedersen.

It got away with better action than both the 1983 He-Man and the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles seires (even the early episodes). The GI Joe forces fight well, both with their firearms, vehicles and with hand to hand combaat. The Cobra terrorists are very badass, and while they often rely on technology still science fiction to us, terrorism is still a relevant threat today.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-21-2022 at 03:44 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:49 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cobra Commander is in possession of a magic lamp and summons a genie, the genie will grant him three wishes. Cobra Commander of course asks for unlimited power, but the Genie tells him he cannot grant him that, or dominion over hearts and minds of others, nor can he resurrect the dead. Cobra Commander is incensed, but Destro suggests something, and eventually the Genie agrees to enlarge several of COBRA's B.A.T battle droids, making them a 'colossal' problem for the Joes.

There's even a PSA at the end of the issue...a fanboy is upset at what's going on in the comics, so he decides he's going to troll the creators on the internet. Mainframe sabotages his computer and tells the kid that being a jerk over a difference of opinion makes them the villain of their own story. Now the kid knows, and knowing is half the battle
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote