The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-21-2024, 01:48 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Robocop 3: Special Edition

So I'm actually doing a full-on fan reedit of Robocop 3. Reason being? I want to show my daughter the full Robocop trilogy, and one that doesn't end in suck.

I'm doing deepfake to make at least Peter Weller's face in the mask-less bits. Cutting out the cheese. And making things a bit more gritty and adding some blood and gore where it's possible to do so. I'm not intending to spend a TON of time on this, but enough to make it noticeably better. Any interest? I'd be happy to share it with you guys.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 04:20 AM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So I'm actually doing a full-on fan reedit of Robocop 3. Reason being? I want to show my daughter the full Robocop trilogy, and one that doesn't end in suck.

I'm doing deepfake to make at least Peter Weller's face in the mask-less bits. Cutting out the cheese. And making things a bit more gritty and adding some blood and gore where it's possible to do so. I'm not intending to spend a TON of time on this, but enough to make it noticeably better. Any interest? I'd be happy to share it with you guys.
I'm interested, if you need A.I done for anything, get in touch
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 05:15 AM   #3
Sumac
Banned

Good luck, but you will need a lot of it.

The main problem with a movie is its dumb storyline and cheesy acting by everyone involved. I am afraid you can't edit out this stuff.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 09:16 AM   #4
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Robocop 3 wasnt that bad, da hell? At least it wasnt the remake.

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 11:41 AM   #5
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I want to see it. Adding new blood to an old movie for your daughter? You are a wonderful father
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 12:20 PM   #6
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Robocop 3 wasnt that bad, da hell? At least it wasnt the remake.
Remake was better.

At least it didn't had dumb robo-ninnjas and RoboCop fighting them.

And, yes, RoboCop 3 was THAT bad. Basically B-movie shclock. Which is a serious drop in quality even compared to the uninspired RoboCop 2.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:24 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I want to see it. Adding new blood to an old movie for your daughter? You are a wonderful father
Well, I'd just hate to close out the trilogy with... the movie as-is.

* Definitely more blood and gore. I'm isolating spots where we can have it. I think we can see a good deal more.

* Deepfaking of Weller. It's already underway. It's looking really, really good. I didn't expect it would, but it is even extending to AI superimposing of Weller's voice as well.

* Yeah, just trimming out camp where possible, or where jokes went on too long when they didn't land, that sort of thing.

* Will bring the color palette down a few pegs from bright and cheery.

* May slip in a couple of bits from Prime Directives.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:20 AM   #8
member_removed
Hench Mutant

I had wished that when the blu-ray/dvd had come out that they could do a Voice dub option with Peter Weller, or a sound a like.

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:00 AM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
* May slip in a couple of bits from Prime Directives.
Wouldn't TV quality picture stand out from the movie footage or is it fixable (if there is any difference at all)?
Old 01-23-2024, 12:37 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Wouldn't TV quality picture stand out from the movie footage or is it fixable (if there is any difference at all)?
A bit. The highest resolution available for Robocop 3 is blu-ray at 1080p and the highest available resolution available for Prime Directives is DVD at 480p... so you'll probably spot the difference. But there are ways to mask it or AI upscale.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:32 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A little update: my reedit partner and I are expanding plans a bit. In addition to reediting Robocop 3 and including bits of Prime Directives, we will make a "Robocop 4" boiled down to 2 hours from Prime Directives.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:16 AM   #12
Sumac
Banned

Prime Directives core story is such a garbage with all the tropes of "kinda Cyberpunk" of 90s, I don't see how it can be salvaged. Unless whole second part of the story is completely cut from it (baby-AI, computer virus, which can erase people in a real world, humans with super abilities and so on).

The closest thing you have to an actual movie is pilot episodes of an early RoboCop TV series, which were build upon original screenplay for RoboCop 2 (before Miller got involved).
Old 01-27-2024, 11:18 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Prime Directives core story is such a garbage with all the tropes of "kinda Cyberpunk" of 90s, I don't see how it can be salvaged. Unless whole second part of the story is completely cut from it (baby-AI, computer virus, which can erase people in a real world, humans with super abilities and so on).
It will be a very savage cut, for sure. I need to rewatch it all and take down my notes but from what I remember, when I watched it originally I found the Cable/Robocable as well as Robocop connecting with his adult son all fairly moving. So I think it has the necessary "heart" component, at least.

Quote:
The closest thing you have to an actual movie is pilot episodes of an early RoboCop TV series, which were build upon original screenplay for RoboCop 2 (before Miller got involved).
Except that it's awful and Robocop doesn't even shoot criminals in it (in fact, he goes way, WAY out of his way to not shoot criminals). I own the whole show.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:49 AM   #14
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
It will be a very savage cut, for sure. I need to rewatch it all and take down my notes but from what I remember, when I watched it originally I found the Cable/Robocable as well as Robocop connecting with his adult son all fairly moving. So I think it has the necessary "heart" component, at least.
I watched it once, almost three decades ago and recently watched its review and, I am afraid, it is can not be salvaged. The whole bizarre angle with an AI is a very much core of the story. I don't think you can build something decent out of it, unless you basically remake the story from scratch.

Quote:
Except that it's awful and Robocop doesn't even shoot criminals in it (in fact, he goes way, WAY out of his way to not shoot criminals). I own the whole show.
It was close to a RoboCop 2 script in general ideas.
Execution is...left a lot to be desired indeed.