The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 06-30-2021, 05:17 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

250 dead in heatwave in U.S. and Canada

https://www.independent.co.uk/climat...-b1875368.html

Over 250 reported dead due to heatwave.

Is this the next covid-19?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:20 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I woke up to it being 116 degrees here in Seattle 2 days ago... and the power out in my city and many others (everybody using AC). Too many damn people.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Too awful. Heard that part of western Canada supposedly got to over 120. Wtf.

We know people in areas of Oregon that got that 115, 117 temps... Luckily they are okay. Bad enough we've got heat warnings over here on this side as well and our heat index over 100 and itself dangerous, but almost grateful to have it "only" this hot.

If it can be upper 90s and the skin feels like it's going to be seared off you when you get into the car, what the heck does 117 feel like. >.<

Careful out there Andrew, hope you and your family are managing to keep cool, or cool enough.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #4
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I woke up to it being 116 degrees here in Seattle 2 days ago... and the power out in my city and many others (everybody using AC). Too many damn people.
Damn, here in Moscow we had about 35 C (95 F) for two weeks and I nearly boiled alive. But 46 F!? I would be very very...troubled, if that happen.

Stay safe!!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:50 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess global warming is real.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:02 PM   #6
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Sometime I feel lucky to live in Europe.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:49 PM   #7
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I feel bad for the individuals who are currently with this horrific situation.

I wish them well.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:31 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Sometime I feel lucky to live in Europe.
Southern Europe has experienced a lot of heatwaves and wildfires during the 21st Century.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:58 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think it's less that and more that... there are suddenly big spikes one way or the other, and not consistent traditional weather anymore. I will explain. Used to be -- at least here in the Pacific Northwest -- there was a nice even Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter (like in the 1980s and 1990s through about the early-ish 2000s). Like you would expect from the dictionary definitions. Now in the Pacific Northwest it is mostly super rainy from the Fall and Winter into Spring... but as Spring sets in, suddenly crazy snow blizzards for a few days randomly (like even in February, March) in between rainy weeks and 0 snow in the actual winters. Similarly, in the Summer between rainy spells it's like a consistent heat... with sudden spikes here and there. I think if you were to straighten the entire crazy curve over the year out... it kind of balances out. "Climate change" for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Damn, here in Moscow we had about 35 C (95 F) for two weeks and I nearly boiled alive. But 46 F!? I would be very very...troubled, if that happen.

Stay safe!!
It was bad. Very bad. I mean, you assume you get an AC and if your AC itself doesn't fail... you're going to be safe. I guess even so, you're not safe anymore. Very troubling. As the population is going to continue to swell, "going green" with power is going to prove to be untenable. I think we have like 1 nuclear power plant here in WA and I doubt it even reaches over here.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-01-2021 at 04:22 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:16 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Then let our powers combine!
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:57 AM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We have wrecked the environment, it's not global warming but climate change since it doesn't have to reflect as just hot weather. The earth will always have crazy changes but you have to lack any conscience to think human's haven't influenced negatively the climate.

Frankly I think we are already "too late" to be able to change things positively, we can only help it not get much worse than it's going to get. It boggles my mind how people, mostly in the US make it a political argument, everyone in the rest of the world seems to agree, with the exception of china/india who know it's bad and just don't care. Even if it were a huge elaborate hoax, I don't see how anyone can be against trying to pollute less the environment a bad thing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:00 AM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We have wrecked the environment, it's not global warming but climate change since it doesn't have to reflect as just hot weather. The earth will always have crazy changes but you have to lack any conscience to think human's haven't influenced negatively the climate.

Frankly I think we are already "too late" to be able to change things positively, we can only help it not get much worse than it's going to get. It boggles my mind how people, mostly in the US make it a political argument, everyone in the rest of the world seems to agree, with the exception of china/india who know it's bad and just don't care. Even if it were a huge elaborate hoax, I don't see how anyone can be against trying to pollute less the environment a bad thing.
Everything has to be political in America now. The problem is there are way too many people who are fine just prescribing to whatever set of beliefs their political party has majorly ascribed to. It doesn't even need to be an inherently political issue. For many, it's just a team you are on, that you defend to the death. If that requires mental gymnastics, you use mental gymnastics.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:30 AM   #13
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

I lack conscience, because, I don't believe humans have a lot to do with climate changes. By this margin might as well say, that humans somehow started ice ages or something.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:58 AM   #14
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Is this the next covid-19?
It's our future and even more our children's future unfortunately. That's how mankind will die (if nothing worse happens before).
Old 07-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #15
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
It's our future and even more our children's future unfortunately. That's how mankind will die (if nothing worse happens before).
Fingers still crossed for a Godzilla/King Ghidorah attack. That'd be the most awesome way to go out.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Fingers still crossed for a Godzilla/King Ghidorah attack. That'd be the most awesome way to go out.
No way. You only think that because Godzilla vs Kong has softened your idea of how terrifying it would be. You can't help it. The trash has warped you.

It would suck so bad. That's why it's great for a movie. It wouldn't just be destruction, it would be our entire line of reasoning collapsing on itself.

Anything we ever thought about science or religion being tossed out the window, with only the knowledge that we'll be dead before we get any type of resolution to our perception of reality being turned completely upside-down.

I mean, I love the idea of it too, I'm just having fun with how terrifying it would be.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:23 PM   #17
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Sounds good to me, nothing against it.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:29 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I mean it be fun like... watching it on the news in Japan and whatnot. Sounds terrible I know, but it falls under the typical 'eh, it's not my problem' line of thinking. But I'd stop laughing when the reports say 'Rodan was seen flying towards North America, Godzilla soon to follow'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
No way. You only think that because Godzilla vs Kong has softened your idea of how terrifying it would be. You can't help it. The trash has warped you.

It would suck so bad. That's why it's great for a movie. It wouldn't just be destruction, it would be our entire line of reasoning collapsing on itself.

Anything we ever thought about science or religion being tossed out the window, with only the knowledge that we'll be dead before we get any type of resolution to our perception of reality being turned completely upside-down.

I mean, I love the idea of it too, I'm just having fun with how terrifying it would be.
You assume much.

All of those things are just more reasons why it'd be great. Every other Apocalypse scenario sucks sh*t by comparison. Global Warming? Boring. Solar flares? Meh. Giant meteor? It's been done.

Giant f*cking nuclear dinosaurs. The only reason God didn't pull that sh*t FIRST before those other things is because He knew it'd be impossible to top.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:56 PM   #20
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
No, it isn't. Seasonal changes will always exist, Hot or cold. Man has you controlled to believe it's real.
teemu is online now   Reply With Quote