The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #4201
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
They're not...Randy said the numbers on the boxes don't mean squat. They are producing much more than what the carton box says. They wouldn't even bother turning on production for 2,000 pieces
So you're saying that the box numbering doesn't indicate production run.
And you're saying that the box numbering doesn't indicate order tabulation.

Yet someone took the time to hand number them against a pre-printed limit of 2xxx.

You aren't offering anything to this - you're simply saying that it's "nothing" which is ridiculous. Why would someone hand number them?

Regarding your apparent wisdom about production numbers:

Quote:
They wouldn't even bother turning on production for 2,000 pieces
Where are you coming up with this? NECA is a boutique toy manufacturer with a license for limited stock in Target in a hobby where production runs of 2,000 are often considered a lot.... NECA isn't Hasbro making 45,000 - 100,000 copies of an Iron Man figure. NECA is more akin to a statue manufacturer making things in run numbers of 500 - 7,500.

How many of those boutique, online-only, large & expensive playset variants that are notoriously hard for a toy company to get to market do you think were made? I mean... throw a number out there....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:05 PM   #4202
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
So you're saying that the box numbering doesn't indicate production run.
And you're saying that the box numbering doesn't indicate order tabulation.

Yet someone took the time to hand number them against a pre-printed limit of 2xxx.

You aren't offering anything to this - you're simply saying that it's "nothing" which is ridiculous. Why would someone hand number them?

Regarding your apparent wisdom about production numbers:

Where are you coming up with this? NECA is a boutique toy manufacturer with a license for limited stock in Target in a hobby where production runs of 2,000 are often considered a lot.... NECA isn't Hasbro making 45,000 - 100,000 copies of an Iron Man figure. NECA is more akin to a statue manufacturer making things in run numbers of 500 - 7,500.

How many of those boutique, online-only, large & expensive playset variants that are notoriously hard for a toy company to get to market do you think were made? I mean... throw a number out there....
Good Grief! Randy himself said the numbers on the box do not represent the total full production numbers LOL PAY ATTENTION! You are reading into NOTHING!
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:09 PM   #4203
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I think they might be passive-aggressively bantering about the accuracy of the number. One guy said 2,000, but my box actually reads 2,041.

Also, another possibility is that these aren't being numbered to indicate the full production run, but rather numbered to indicate the number of shipments or orders.

Now if that's true? Then you can guess that this animated set had a production run of somewhere in the realm of 2,250 or maybe as high as 2,500. You have to account for holdback, replacements, initial run tests, etc. My guess would be that whatever overage there is will make an appearance at a convention as a booth exclusive limited to 500 or whatever remainder there is. You can absolutely bet that NECA didn't make 3,500 to 5,000 of these things.
and I absolutely guarantee they made minimum of 5k or more of these.

Remember, these are only the shipments to the US, not the world.

Also, if we WANT to say that boxes ARE the amount they made, then my box says 165 (hard to read the handwriting) of 5602. (and because i know you'd say prove it, I included a picture). But the numbers likely are more so responding the shipment number not production.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (15.4 KB, 24 views)
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:17 PM   #4204
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Remember, these are only the shipments to the US, not the world.

Also, if we WANT to say that boxes ARE the amount they made, then my box says 165 (hard to read the handwriting) of 5602. (and because i know you'd say prove it, I included a picture). But the numbers likely are more so responding the shipment number not production.
Finally, the first real post with information in it.

The point about the U.S. shipments is a good one. Dude, it took so many posts to get anything of value out of you, I can't believe it.... Dude saying the same $#!( over and over in disregard of the other side of the points only to keep repeating "it's not the limit number, it's not the limit number!", ya damn savant.

But still, I wonder how many of these they made. Again, given the notoriously difficult environment for playsets throughout history, let alone nowadays, even globally I'd guess that 5k was the extreme upper limit for NECA. If it's ever revealed that they actually did make more than that? Then their pricing sucks because they should've gotten greater economies of scale out of it....
Old 05-16-2021, 08:30 PM   #4205
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

well, i didn't know and given we only had one week to order them, and after shipping it was around 170, so i wasn't sure how many people could "afford" to get one since i thought they were made from each order so i didn't think that many would be made and i thought it was the equivalent of a limited edition so only so many were made.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:36 PM   #4206
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Finally, the first real post with information in it.

The point about the U.S. shipments is a good one. Dude, it took so many posts to get anything of value out of you, I can't believe it.... Dude saying the same $#!( over and over in disregard of the other side of the points only to keep repeating "it's not the limit number, it's not the limit number!", ya damn savant.

But still, I wonder how many of these they made. Again, given the notoriously difficult environment for playsets throughout history, let alone nowadays, even globally I'd guess that 5k was the extreme upper limit for NECA. If it's ever revealed that they actually did make more than that? Then their pricing sucks because they should've gotten greater economies of scale out of it....
So many posts to get any value out of me? I haven’t commented much about the accessory set so not sure what you mean.

As far as economies of scale, they likely priced these in mind of selling the minimum quantity, let’s say that’s 2500 units. So no matter what that is how many they’d produce. (I figure they know by now exactly how big the base of collectors are for movie stuff at this point so can estimate whatever efficiency of cost works best for them)

It was made to order/open preorder, so let’s say they did sell like gang busters, and sell 5000-7500 units, there is no reason for them to adjust the price down because they sold more units. It’s just means each set becomes that much more profitable. Good gamble for them since they could have just as easily been stuck with a ton of sets. However, since they released the four turtles numerous times already there are plenty of people out there that want the accessory set so it’s why I think they sold quite a few of these.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:18 PM   #4207
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
So many posts to get any value out of me? I haven’t commented much about the accessory set so not sure what you mean.
Oh my fault... lol I saw Teemu's post above yours and meant that comment to him regarding the repetition of what he keeps saying, not you.

Quote:
As far as economies of scale, they likely priced these in mind of selling the minimum quantity, let’s say that’s 2500 units. So no matter what that is how many they’d produce. (I figure they know by now exactly how big the base of collectors are for movie stuff at this point so can estimate whatever efficiency of cost works best for them)

It was made to order/open preorder, so let’s say they did sell like gang busters, and sell 5000-7500 units, there is no reason for them to adjust the price down because they sold more units. It’s just means each set becomes that much more profitable. Good gamble for them since they could have just as easily been stuck with a ton of sets. However, since they released the four turtles numerous times already there are plenty of people out there that want the accessory set so it’s why I think they sold quite a few of these.
Yeah that's probably about right....
Old 05-17-2021, 06:45 AM   #4208
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Oh my fault... lol I saw Teemu's post above yours and meant that comment to him regarding the repetition of what he keeps saying, not you.

Yeah that's probably about right....
I don't need to give you a full nerd report on production numbers. You obviously can't read well. Randy said the box numbers do not reflect production numbers. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:10 AM   #4209
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Good times until waking up anyway?
Exactly lol. Woke up $125 richer, of course.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:39 AM   #4210
funatic
Mad Scientist

Well the Slash and Leatherhead preorder I made last September finally arrived. Too bad I already bought a 2nd set cheaper on ebay.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #4211
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I don't need to give you a full nerd report on production numbers. You obviously can't read well. Randy said the box numbers do not reflect production numbers. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Okay, Dynamite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Well the Slash and Leatherhead preorder I made last September finally arrived. Too bad I already bought a 2nd set cheaper on ebay.
I did too! Sort of surprised by it as well - I never got a shipment or tracking notice for it. It's one of my favorite releases from this line, but after all this time these are all becoming anti-climatic for me when I nab one to be honest.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #4212
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Sadly, I missed the Slash/Leatherhead order at the necastore. Just in case anyone with an extra order wants to help a brother out for cost or a reasonable sum.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #4213
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I missed the preorder and never found it at my local Target. It is still the one that has alluded me. How much did you all pay on Ebay? I see it going for no cheaper than $85 usually averaging $100 USD.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #4214
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Quote:

Okay, Dynamite.
At this point I'm sure I like to remember both of you in good memory. Why is simple: Both of you provide a top read on the internet, you give every reader a chance to relate to your thoughts and opinions - to eventually make everyone able to follow up on your excursions. Don't tone this down as this was a conversation I can only appreciate!
Old 05-17-2021, 01:49 PM   #4215
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
At this point I'm sure I like to remember both of you in good memory. Why is simple: Both of you provide a top read on the internet, you give every reader a chance to relate to your thoughts and opinions - to eventually make everyone able to follow up on your excursions. Don't tone this down as this was a conversation I can only appreciate!
Fair enough.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:31 PM   #4216
Germ
Foot Soldier

Hey, for all of those who got the turtle city street TOON diorama, can anyone post some good quality pics of the posters/ stickers that came with it?! I'm really curious what it all came with and how good they look.

I shrunk down and printed out a bunch of generic flyers and similar stuff for my normal NECA street scene and I think it looks pretty cool. But I would still love to see what theirs came with. Plus If there's anything super cool looking that fits with my scene, maybe I'll print it out....
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:21 AM   #4217
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Hey, for all of those who got the turtle city street TOON diorama, can anyone post some good quality pics of the posters/ stickers that came with it?! I'm really curious what it all came with and how good they look.

I shrunk down and printed out a bunch of generic flyers and similar stuff for my normal NECA street scene and I think it looks pretty cool. But I would still love to see what theirs came with. Plus If there's anything super cool looking that fits with my scene, maybe I'll print it out....
I can do it this afternoon after I get off work.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:35 AM   #4218
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Finally found the Frogs at a Target in West Milwaukee

They had 5 now 4
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:59 AM   #4219
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
They do 2000 run exclusive figures for Scream Factory. The dio is 90% reuse on something that’s been released twice before. Plus it was sold direct to consumer so they’re keeping more money than a regular release. But yeah, go ahead and keep acting like you know it all
Yeah. That's what I was trying to explain initially as well. NECA is, in the scheme of things, a small boutique toy-manufacturer. The Fred Wolf TMNT stuff is possibly their biggest marketing deal with the largest market penetration that NECA has had; but it's still serving a niche audience which is mostly bolstered by scalpers-of-opportunity.

I think you get a lot of collectors who get so self-absorbed in their arm of the hobby that they still don't understand it's relative obscurity and small size. Hell, there are probably ten times the number of fortnite toys manufactured compared to NECA's FW TMNT.

And your point about the dio? Exactly. Now between the first dio and the redecod animated one, yeah sure they might be 10k. Sure.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #4220
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I found the frogs this weekend as well. In fact, they were at two different Targets. My local store also had three of the Z/Z packs, which I had never seen previously.

I gotta hand it to NECA, they've really turned this line around in my opinion. Yes, it can still be difficult (or borderline impossible) to grab a figure in its first run. But they're now doing multiple shipments AND posting up stuff on their own store here and there. With a little patience (something I realize many collectors have absolutely none of) I think this line is now actually one of the more attainable ones that I collect. Good job, NECA.

Now where are those 4-pack restocks
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote