The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #201
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Indeed. Because you and I care about very different things. I value facts, achievements, peace, prosperity and quality of life over feelings and engineered social divisions.
So I guess Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks were mistaken in their beliefs that it was white men that created the situations that allowed and caused their people to be treated like utter garbage? Certainly looks an engineered social division to me.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:08 PM   #202
Coola Yagami
Overlord

My main problem with the left if how everything has to be THEIR WAY or ELSE. For all the talk about the right and whatnot, no one does more violence, doxxing, swatting, death threats, cancelling and whatever else than the left does. No one is quicker to condemn people to death or violence than the left.

Nothing shocked me and opened my eyes more than when those trolls started the super straight thing as a joke and almost every transperson out there went from 0 to 100, already wishing they could kill them all, shoot them all, torture them all, like the literal definition of 'well... that escalated quickly'. And the whole thing started as a response from enough transpeople saying if you refuse to sleep with them, you're automatically transphobic? The wha???

The other thing I don't like if their over-reliance on labels. They want the minority to overtake the majority. I respect pronouns and genders and such, I have non-binary and transgender friends (sane ones), but the Far Lefters are so insane with it that now us regular folks gotta call ourselves cisgender? As if every third person is trans and we're the minority? Or how they want to call women either bio-women or birthing-women or whatever to separate them from transwomen cause lord knows 9 out of 10 women you meet is a transwoman.

And then it's like you must gender them properly... OR ELSE. People have lost jobs over accidentaly misgendering people.

And again the labels. Everyone simply must be put into labels, categorized in neat little boxes.

I'm a cisgender heterosexual Hispanic male that doesn't lean in either direction. Since I'm cis, I'm expected to act a certain way. Since I'm straight, I'm expected to act a certain way. Since I'm Hispanic I'm expected to act a certain way. Since I chose Biden over Trump (which btw I'm beginning to REALLY hate Biden and should have either not voted or just tossed my vote to the independent third party) people assume I'm left, so I MUST act a certain way.

Well sorry, I'm an individual. I'm an original. I'm insane and I'm a force of nature. I've always done things my way by my rules. For better or for worse, it has always been my way or the highway. I don't care what you might think or assume how I should act, I won't. If that makes the left NPCs short-circuit, if the way I think, act and talk does not compute with how they assume a cis straight POC should think, act and talk, **** EM.

You know, for so many cartoons and stuff we grew up with as kids that had the theme where 'enemy stirs the pot and makes the heroes fight each other until they finally realize who the real enemy is and focus their attention there', we sure as hell are stupid and never learned the lesson. We will still fight each other over stupid things like race, gender, labels, politics, what-have-you and never actually get together to take down the real enemy. The government and the rich elite can't stop us all. We outnumber them several million to one. But no, no keep on fighting against your fellow man.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 07-30-2021 at 04:42 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:59 PM   #203
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
So I guess Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks were mistaken in their beliefs that it was white men that created the situations that allowed and caused their people to be treated like utter garbage? Certainly looks an engineered social division to me.
1) I don't think you need me to explain how engineered social divisions work, given how aptly you just demonstrated the concept and provided a helpful example when you deemed it necessary to put the matter in that either/or way.

2) You're utterly deluded if you think wokesters and their mode du jour little movement even come close to being, meaning and doing what MLK, Rosa Parks and so many others were, meant and did in the world. The comparison is unflattering and even downright insulting to their memory.

For maximum accuracy, try the SS and the Hitler Youth instead.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:11 PM   #204
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Honestly, the insane Far Leftists use very similar tactics.

Choose a target (insert celeb here), dehumanize them make everyone hate them (call the celeb a racist or homophobe), end them and no one will care (people cancelling and death threats and whatever else to celeb of their choice, no one will care because 'oh well, they were a racist or homophobic anyway). Sounds scarily familiar.

Gina Carano was legit cancelled because she pointed this out. The truth hurt so much the Leftists went apeshit.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-30-2021, 06:39 PM   #205
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Look at this thread, this is the fault of the writer being enabled. Its arguing of social issue politics. Where is the discussion about the events that take place in #119? What about speculation of what is to come? The issue is just filled with liberal views of social political issues. The most interesting part of the issue is editorial ignoring the mostly negative responses in the letter column. Honestly, let's stop going back and forth about social issue politics and not enable it. Its best just to ignore the book and let IDW TMNT suffer by ignoring it. There is no way this issue could have generated much of any discussion so let's just let the thread fade and the sales fade and hold out hope that Armageddon Game will get further coverage asap and the fourth of the five part The Last Ronin will be good, even if somewhat predictable.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:39 PM   #206
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Honestly, the insane Far Leftists use very similar tactics.

Choose a target (insert celeb here), dehumanize them make everyone hate them (call the celeb a racist or homophobe), end them and no one will care (people cancelling and death threats and whatever else to celeb of their choice, no one will care because 'oh well, they were a racist or homophobic anyway). Sounds scarily familiar.

Gina Carano was legit cancelled because she pointed this out. The truth hurt so much the Leftists went apeshit.
Yep. As the old saying goes, the road to Hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Where is the discussion about the events that take place in #119?
There weren't any. That's the problem.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #207
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
There weren't any. That's the problem.
That is my point. Just trying to avoid conflict. By adding replies to the thread we are giving it attention. Publicity is publicity, right? Let's focus on The Armageddon Game and The Last Ronin.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:55 PM   #208
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That is my point. Just trying to avoid conflict. By adding replies to the thread we are giving it attention. Publicity is publicity, right? Let's focus on The Armageddon Game and The Last Ronin.
No, I meant there were no events to discuss. No developments we hadn't seen before, with the possible exception of Man Ray going against Hob.

But I agree with you. Enough entertaining windmill-tilters.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:45 PM   #209
Leo656
The Franchise

Yo dawg.

- I never vote and I never gave any money to Trump. I like the cut of his gib because he knows how to get people riled up. He's "a character", that's all. I don't like everything he says and I think a ton of the people who take him seriously are stupid because even HE doesn't believe half the dumb sh*t he says, it's all for attention.

He's a carny. I'm a wrestler. He's in the WWE Hall of Fame. Carny Recognizes Carny. He knows how to cut a promo to get people fired up. That's the name of the game. I respect that. That's literally all that is.

- I don't have any problem with gay people, or non-white people, or any of that sh*t. So kindly check yourself. Most of the companies I presently wrestle for have a locker room that's about 70-80% black and Hispanic people, and more of them are gay than you'd think. If I didn't love 'em to death I wouldn't put myself in a position where they can drop me on my head. Some of my closest friends in the business going on 10 years are non-white, or gay, or both. We agree on some things, not on all things, but we love and respect each other as human beings, and at the end of the day that's what it's all about.

- One of my best buddies in the biz is a 6'6, 270-lb brick sh*thouse, who also happens to be gay as f*ck and brings his husband and son to a lot of the shows. His family are considered "family" to everyone in the locker room. They're good people.

Guess what else? They voted for Trump. That's right, some of the most outspokenly queer people I know are conservative. Shocking, huh? Gay people are not a hivemind, and even some of them think that "diversity and inclusion" is being forced down everybody's throats nowadays. Obviously they want "representation", but they don't all think it should be beaten into people's heads with a brick.

I'd love for you to go up to this guy and tell him he's a scumbag or whatever for who he votes for, or that he's "acting against his own self-interest" in your eyes, or whatever else. Dude would literally eat you, if he weren't vegan.

- Some of my other best friends are Dems. Obviously we don't agree on all things. BUT we get along great because they don't play the whole "If you disagree with me on this topic you're Hitler" bullsh*t. It's not that we don't talk politics, it's that when we do it's just talk and not combat. We shoot the sh*t, we laugh, we agree to disagree and we hug. More people need to be like this.

- As for inclusion in writing, I've said multiple times I've written extensively about queer characters and characters struggling with their identity in my own writing. I'm just not using a popular licensed property to explore those themes at the expense of other, more-appropriate themes OR charging people $4 a month to read it. There's a time and a place for this stuff, and a way to handle it with grace.

Long Story Short: Don't label people or try and put them in boxes, if you hate it so much when other people do it.

As for me being "rude and crude": I'm from Jersey, f*ck-face. People who can't take a f*cking poke or a joke can f*ck off to MA and share a sleeping bag for all I care. We have rough edges, it comes with the territory. It ain't personal, guy. Try not to get so worked up about it.

F*ck's sake, some people got their damn skin on inside-out anymore.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 07-30-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:49 PM   #210
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So....comic books?

Move on from the politicking and just discuss the comics, please.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:56 PM   #211
Leo656
The Franchise

No problem at all, deputy. Just don't like people implying (or flat-out saying) that I'm some kind of bigot, that's all. My piece on the subject has been said.

On the subject that got us here: I still think Raphael was written to be too sensitive in that scene - I can totally see Mikey acting that way, Raphael no way - and I think they didn't clearly illustrate that Casey was supposed to be drunk, even allowing for the fact that there's probably only so much they can get away with. The "beer" being colored like cola didn't help.

What would've helped would've been a line where Raph's like, "Dude, are you okay? How many did you have...?" or something to that effect. As it is, you're left to infer and the scene as-presented doesn't quite sell it.

There's my Constructive Criticism free of all snark and sass-mouth.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 07-30-2021 at 10:14 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:25 PM   #212
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
You forgot one major thing - it were White people who also made possible for Blacks to be free from slavery by waging bloodiest war in their own country.
Welcome to the real world.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:15 AM   #213
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
My main problem with the left if how everything has to be THEIR WAY or ELSE. For all the talk about the right and whatnot, no one does more violence, doxxing, swatting, death threats, cancelling and whatever else than the left does. No one is quicker to condemn people to death or violence than the left.
This, i can't stand leftists and their hypocritical bullcrap.
They claim to be "accepting" and "equal" but only if you are a 100% like them, and if you like or dislike something that they don't? Prepare to get bullied by 100 of those vermin as they rally eachother up into an angry mob and threaten with your life and even doxx you because you said "I dont think Batman should be gay" now you deserve to die!. They are a cult with anger issues, plain and simple.

The many times i have heard leftist Youtubers that i follow (for comics, games) say people that basically dont agree with them should burn in hell is just hilarious. Yet when you meet a rightist or someone inbetween they tend to not give a crap what you believe in aslong as you're chill about it, whereas leftists are not.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:13 AM   #214
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

So, how about those weapons the kids were using. Think they're a good fit? Liked the "hidden" knife bit.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:30 AM   #215
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
So, how about those weapons the kids were using. Think they're a good fit? Liked the "hidden" knife bit.
The kids are stupid and should be erased from existence. We are too far into the series to suddenly have cute kid sidekicks now.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:31 AM   #216
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The kids are stupid and should be erased from existence. We are too far into the series to suddenly have cute kid sidekicks now.
So what don't you hate in the series?
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:35 AM   #217
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
So what don't you hate in the series?
April and Baxter. Like the idea of Baxter being a Mayor and April pretending to be working with him, even though Baxter can smell the double-cross coming.

The current series blows.

But I did like most everything from issues 1-100 though. I liked the plot twist where everyone assumed Shredder and Krang we're gonna team up also the old cartoon but instead they went to war with each other with the turtles siding with shredder.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM   #218
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Baxter and April stopped working together in issue #118, he's put a hit out on her and had some Slitherys attack her.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:38 AM   #219
Wentos
Foot Soldier

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:37 PM   #220
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Baxter and April stopped working together in issue #118, he's put a hit out on her and had some Slitherys attack her.
So let's see more of that and less of all this other Twitter Fanfic ********.