The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2024, 02:51 PM   #21
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Yes my favourite turtle used to be Leo. Raph’s my fav nowadays with Leo a close second. Personality wise, I’m a cross between Raph and Leo, especially the versions from the 2003 series.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:37 PM   #22
mikey22
Stone Warrior

Great question. Mikey is still my go to. I was hyped he was chosen to be the Last Ronin! He has aged well, especially in the batman ninja turtles crossover movie
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:00 PM   #23
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

I’ve remained consistent with my favorite turtle over the years. I’m a “Leoyalist”.
I discovered the TMNT franchise in this order:

- 1987 tv show (Leonardo had the coolest weapons and he was the reason the color blue became my favorite as a child till this day).

- The 90s movie trilogy (I loved the first two a lot as a kid; the third one I felt was a bit weird and hit different, not in a good way; also, Leo was a goofball in it so I disliked it for that reason alone).

- Next Mutation (Leo was alright but nothing of that series was memorable).

Then there was a huuuge gap for my interest in the turtles until the mid 2000s when I discovered the…

- 2003 tv show (Leo was by far my favorite character there, so well written and voice acted; Mikey was a close second in a couple of those first 4 seasons).

- 2007 movie (this Leo is probably one of my least favorite because of how much of a hypocrite he was in the film, and Raph was cooler, stronger and had the best design of the turtles; but my bias still had Leo edge it, just).

- 2012 tv show (Leo was depicted as younger and dorkier but I still liked what they did with him).

- The mirage comics (Leo was a lot darker and brutal than my childhood remembered, haha, but love the guy still).

Then came the biggest revelation for me…

- The IDW comics: the definitive version of the turtles and Leonardo especially. So so good.

I of course watched the Bay movies, the Rise movie and the Mutant Mayhem, and in spite of their faults, I feel like Leo was portrayed quite well. The Rise tv show on the other hand… yikes!
Old 01-29-2024, 03:42 PM   #24
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'm always flip-flopping between liking Donatello and Michelangelo the most.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:29 PM   #25
Tortuglio
Thug

Yes, Raph was my favourite as a kid. He was cool, rude and wore red.
But now it's Mikey, although most of the time he's portrayed horribly. To me he's the heart of the family and uses humor to relieve pressure on the group. And he is as competent as his brothers.
Tortuglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:15 AM   #26
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It was definitely Raph all through the 87 toon series and especially thanks to the first live action movie.

Over time though, I think Leo got the best characterization for me in recent shows and movies. I definitely like Leo the best in the 2012 series and in MM.

The turtles play off each-others strengths and weaknesses, so while I may have a slight preference for one or the other depending on the media, I like them all.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:32 PM   #27
Kold Pizza
Mouser

As it pertains to my favorite ninja turtle, it’s usually been Michelangelo growing up for me, especially if we’re talking about the Mirage version, the Image version, or the 1990 movie version. I also liked the 1987 version growing up even though as you get older you realize how silly it was to look up to a laid back surfer dude with a weird pizza obsession as a kid. When the 2003 series aired, my favorite ninja turtles from that series were Leonardo and Donatello. My favorite ninja turtle from the 2012 series was Raphael. I have loved all four ninja turtles growing up, but if I had to pick one as my favorite, it would be Michelangelo.

The ideal Michelangelo to me would be a blend of the Mirage version, Image version, and 1990 movie version. The ideal Michelangelo to me is someone that is kind-hearted, competent, and humorous (not in the way that many Nickelodeon writers would find funny though which is acting brainless like Patrick Star in many of the modern SpongeBob episodes). He knows what’s it’s time to be serious and when it’s time to relax and have fun.
Kold Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote