The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-17-2020, 09:01 PM   #121
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You'd make a damn good, Texan, though; you've got the attitude down pat.
That's probably why I get along so well with so many people who live there!

"King of the Hill" is also one of my all-time favorite TV shows. I tell you what.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #122
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's probably why I get along so well with so many people who live there!

"King of the Hill" is also one of my all-time favorite TV shows. I tell you what.
I really gotta get around to rewatching that, man. Great damn show...
Old 11-18-2020, 01:46 PM   #123
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
And I thought I couldn't respect her more, after fighting against trans insanity. I hope, whatever happens, she will keep true to her opinion.
**** the Twitter mob and SJW.

Quote:
Y'know what? I disagree with her. In fact, I suspect her of being a moron.

But I don't want her fired. The woman has her right to her opinion. Plus, there's that whole idea of "freedom of speech", some fvcking thing we wrote into our Constitution on a whim.

Her only mistake is saying it publicly, because in this day and age, the wrong opinion gets ya canned.
You are behind the party line: Constitution should serve only people with the "right" opinion.

Quote:
Andrew's right. There's absolutely nothing offsides in that Tweet. But even if she is a "moron"... People are technically allowed to be "morons" as long as it doesn't affect their work.

I've worked with (and for) many, many stupid people. But they were good at their jobs. In a working environment, that's all that's supposed to matter.

I don't even watch the show, as I'm pretty much done with Star Wars. I just think it's comical how "The Tolerant Left" is going full blown Red Scare on anyone who's a Conservative. Right now they're "only" pushing for "The List"/"Blame and Shame", get 'em all fired and all that. But it won't be too long before "Throw 'em all in jail" becomes the mantra. And then "Kill 'em all, they're in the way of 'progress'."

A lot of 'em already do say that stuff. I know PLENTY who say it. Just privately/quietly. They're just waiting until it's acceptable to say it out loud in public. But rest assured, lots and lots of Liberals do think that Conservatives should either be thrown in jail or outright killed for their beliefs.

But they can't SAY that - yet - so "Get 'em all fired" is what they settle for. For now.

These are your so-called "good guys". Makes me sick.
Precisely.
I remember 4 years ago on one VERY progressive forum there was some trash, calling to execute all Trump followers. He was banned for few months, even though people who dare to go against "Holy Trans People" were banned permanently.
Which begs the question: how mane people do indeed thing like that, but just stay quiet and what will happen if they got to power?

Well, I know what will happen as my country was through this **** 100 years ago: mass executions, deportations, families and neighbors reporting each other for the "wrong side of party line".

It is sad that those "progressives" do not learn history. Or think that once they get the POWER, they will always be the ones who'll keep it.

Last edited by Sumac; 11-18-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #124
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
You are behind the party line: Constitution should serve only people with the "right" opinion.
It's called sarcasm, buddy. Apparently I have to spell it out for you, so here goes:

The Constitution is not there to only apply to people with opinions I agree with. There is no "right" opinion; hence why we call it "freedom of speech."
Old 11-19-2020, 05:13 AM   #125
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
It's called sarcasm, buddy. Apparently I have to spell it out for you, so here goes:

The Constitution is not there to only apply to people with opinions I agree with. There is no "right" opinion; hence why we call it "freedom of speech."
Sorry, sarcasm is hard to understand through the Internet, especially in this times.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #126
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Sorry, sarcasm is hard to understand through the Internet, especially in this times.
No worries, man. We're cool.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

New episode is cool. They seem to be drawing it all together now. Looks like some heavy Dark Forces (the old PC game) influence here... I swear that Imperial base on the cliff looks exactly like a level from the game. Or was it Dark Forces II? One of them for sure, though I tried to look at some playthroughs on Youtube and can't find which one now. Very positive, though.

Also...

Spoiler:
... looks like possibly... Snoke clones? Failed ones? And Dark Troopers from Dark Forces? And definitely they cloned Yoda to use his blood to make other clones (the Stoke clones?) Force sensitive, looks like.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:00 PM   #128
CyberCubed
Overlord

Today's ep was alright but I don't care for any of these supporting characters. We have tough strong girl, token black guy, some blue-faced alien, meh.

The action sequences were superb though, looks just as good as the movies and it's likely on half the budget. But it is kinda grating knowing the story arc is so slow moving when there's only what...less than 10 eps a season? It's like they stretch things out purposely to get more seasons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:38 AM   #129
nylemon

The chasing is good, but the base aisle fighting the storm troopers are awkward. I am getting tired of how stupid storm troopers are and how easy to deal with these guys

People are happy about the meme which two scout troopers can not shoot in the previous season finale, I don't like it though. That was just because the first movie came out in 1977, the action design was not developing at that time, it is the limitation of industry, that is Disney who makes it some f**king comedy jokes.
Remember how Ja Ja was not liked by fans when the first Anakin movie came out. Now stupid jokes are so acceptable by audience. I will be fine with the conflict how the storm troopers' fighting skills vary between different series. All I need is making them at least trained skillful and not so that stupid.

Besides, about Mando's not taking off helmet drinking, that's kinda deliberated.(I know he is a die hard code follower but that just looks strange)

Last edited by nylemon; 11-24-2020 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:32 AM   #130
nylemon

Wow, Chapter 13 is pretty solid.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:28 AM   #131
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Loved how this episode felt like a Samurai flick. And Rosario looked and acted great as Ahsoka.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #132
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

That met my high expectations. Great intro scene for Ahsoka.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #133
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ahsoka looked good in live action and the actress that played her did it really well. Wouldn't be surprised if Ahsoka gets her own live-action series in the future.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:08 AM   #134
IMJ
Emperor

Wow. Rosario Dawson knocked it out of the park as Ahsoka! Seriously that was a definitive and immersed performance...

I am hoping that the newest little Yoda quest leads to Luke showing up in the season 3....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #135
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I am hoping that the newest little Yoda quest leads to Luke showing up in the season 3....
I don't see how that would be possible unless they cast a new actor and nobody would really want that.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #136
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Grogu?!?!?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #137
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Loved the episode, the references to the previous animated series gave me chills. Ashoka was a little flat, but she moved the story on. I am finally happy to know Grogou's name and backstory now. And the Thrawn reference was awesome. All in all, a really fantastic episode.

*sigh* look, I'm not knocking the sequel trilogy here at all, but the galaxy that most of these series (clone wars, rebels, and now the Mandalorian) are creating, is simply not the galaxy we see in the sequel trilogy at all. In the ST, Luke is the last jedi after ROTJ, and the only one who can restart the jedi order. In the Filoni-verse we have Ashoka, Ezra Bridger, Cal Cestus, Quinlan Vos, and who knows how many other order 66 survivors still running around post-ROTJ. As we see from her dialogue in The Mandalorian, Ashoka seems to consider herself aJedi once again, so I see her joining up with any new order. Heck, even the game Jedi: fallen order even implies YADDLE might have survived.

In the sequel trilogy, Luke waited many years, learning more about the order and it's history, before starting up an academy with his first thirteen students. the last jedi implied it was Luke's inexperience that led to his nephew's fall and the massacre of his other students. Here, there is no reason the other order 66 survivors would not come together, and help Luke form the new Jedi order in the early years after ROTJ. By the time Ben Solo falls to the dark side and becomes Kylo Ren (supposing he even falls with the other masters and knights helping Luke train the new students) Kylo Ren would have been cut down and killed by the combined might of other Jedi masters and students as soon as he made the hut he and Luke were in explode. The sequel trilogy relies on Luke being the last Jedi after ROTJ, and I am sorry, but that is just no longer the case.

And I do NOT see Disney killing profitable characters like Ashoka and Grogu off just to shoehorn the Mandalorian in with a series of movies that is no longer turning them a profit like those characters are now. Add in other details from the show- like Moff Gideon trying to make force-sensitive clones long before the sith cultists were making palapatine and snoke clones on exegol, and the introduction of Tython,the EU's home planet of the Jedi order, instead of the sequel trilogy's ach-to. I believe more and more we are headed into a stars wars multiverse, with the Mandalorian branching off from the Squel Trilogy timeline.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #138
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Mandalorian only takes place a few years after episode 6, whereas the sequel trilogy takes place 30 years later. There's a big enough time gap for a lot of things to change. Not everyone has to die either, just they stop being relevant.

30 years is a long time. Just compare 1970 to 2000 in real life and look how much changed in our world.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #139
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I like that not every episode has to be an ongoing story. I love seasonal arcs but the past decade seasonal arcs feel like a chore to go through since it's almost as if 5 part episodes got stretched into a full season to be "epic". I miss the days of characters having one off adventures and a recurring plot that unfolds slowly. People complain they are fillers but they aren't, they're mini movies in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
*sigh* look, I'm not knocking the sequel trilogy here at all, but the galaxy that most of these series (clone wars, rebels, and now the Mandalorian) are creating, is simply not the galaxy we see in the sequel trilogy at all.
In their defense (and trust me I don't want to defend Disney. This is bound to happen with Expanded Universe material if we want to make interesting stories set in the years between/during movies. You can enjoy the movies by themselves or enjoy the tv series by themselves but when you want things to make perfect sense they don't. That's why there were tiered canons when George Lucas owned Star Wars, like yeah the other stuff did happen in a way but it's the movies that count, those other things are extra and might mean that something in the movies don't make too much sense.

I do think the Disney EU is going to be working hard to make up for the sequel trilogy and we'll get retcon after retcon to somehow fix it. I'm not sure how they'll do it but they'll continue to do it. The old EU also helped fix many of the criticisms of the prequel trilogy; granted fixing the sequel trilogy is easier said than done, I'm not even sure how they'll do it but they'll attempt it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #140
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What gave me unexpected chills was the mention of

Spoiler:
Grand Admiral Thrawn

So that's where they're going. Very unexpected.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancelculture