The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
DW TMNT comics

I am sure this most be a stupid question but i'll ask cause i don't want to keep this doubt. Is there a chance to see more DW TMNT comics again?
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #2
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
No. It's been cancelled.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Its a shame too I really like that companies style
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
batraph
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: arkansas
Posts: 38
I read in an interview with pat lee online somewhere and when asked about the turtles he said that they have plans for them. So who knows what those might be
batraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:11 PM   #5
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Wasn't #7 the last issue?
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:14 PM   #6
batraph
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: arkansas
Posts: 38
Yeah but they might start another series with different creators (some of speculated that pat lee may draw it), that's usually the way it works, even though I liked the team on the series
batraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:16 PM   #7
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Wasn't #7 the last issue?

Yes it was. But look how many Transformers books they have? and warlands books...So who knows. I kinda wonder if maybe Pete and the crew should shop around a bit though. You know, feel things out before releasing anoughter toon based comic. A few one shot specials could be cool though.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:26 PM   #8
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by batraph
Yeah but they might start another series with different creators (some of speculated that pat lee may draw it), that's usually the way it works, even though I liked the team on the series
Nobody can replace LeSean.....His art was amazing.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:30 PM   #9
batraph
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: arkansas
Posts: 38
Yep, LeSean kicked ass
batraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:48 PM   #10
MC
Thug
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 94
I actually didn't like LeSean's style... I must be the only one.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:18 PM   #11
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC
I actually didn't like LeSean's style... I must be the only one.
Yep, I think you are....Everyone around here seems to worship him.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:44 AM   #12
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
It's a shame it got cancelled cause ,they were starting to write new stories and they were very cool!!

I liked LeSean's style.it was pretty cool!!
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:45 AM   #13
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Well I didn't worship him, but I did enjoy his work. My only problem with the DW comics was the crap-tacular stories. That one new character (whos name escapes me) sucked to the high heavens.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:05 AM   #14
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
You didn't like the last 3?

I agree at somepoint that the first stories were poorly written,but that's not Peter Davis' fault he was tied up. But once he was released and can came up with new stories ,I think they were cool.

I would like to see new comics from DW to see how they handle them this time.

I remember the poster of the Turtlebot, that looked awesome!!
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:26 AM   #15
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
No, I didn't like the last three. I didn't like any of them actually. I was hoping it would all turn around with the Turtlebot story arc, but of course we all know what happened there.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:08 AM   #16
Leatherhead1984
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC
I actually didn't like LeSean's style... I must be the only one.
Yeah.. I think i see what you mean, but i think he was forced to try to stick with the cartoon style so that limited him. I mean his sketchs of the turtles on his site are amazing.
Leatherhead1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:05 PM   #17
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC
I actually didn't like LeSean's style... I must be the only one.
Yep, I think you are....Everyone around here seems to worship him.
The only thing I didn't care for in his art were the eyes... they just looked kinda puffy all the time. Other than that, it was awesome.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:31 PM   #18
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist
 
rayfillet101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,454
The art was really good. and If it continued we could have seen Nano, Leatherhead, Fugitiod, Quarry, everyone! Now im sad!
__________________

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:41 PM   #19
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
I think he did a good job of fleshing out the cartoon, gave it another dimension. But yeah the issues with that Dheeraj or whatever were incredibly cliched and boring it needed spicing up very quick
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #20
Shreddatron
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC
I actually didn't like LeSean's style... I must be the only one.
Nor do I, I liked everything, but the turtles. The first issue was fun. Gave officer Eastman some more depth.
__________________
Evolution is a retarded child trying to write a book.
Shreddatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.